Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 03:36 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
For Russians you are brotherly people. For American politicians you are means of enrichment. Continue to believe them.
Ablsolutely fake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 04:16 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
President of Ukraine declared 2016 as the year of the English language. This is not surprising.
Yes, but English is spoken by sullen guys with guns.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:42 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by good_deal_maker View Post
He creates a political party. It will be a center-right and liberal pro-European party.
That will be a try to change today's Ukrainian political elites.
As we know Shakeasswilly won't be a President of Ukraine because he wasn't born in this country.
We can compare Shakeasswilly with a professional footballer which plays for a club. Now he is in Ukraine but could return to Georgia in future.
Saakashvili says Poroshenko seeking to deprive him of Ukrainian citizenship

Old 11-17-2016, 01:41 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Ablsolutely fake!
I don't know about politicians, but for ordinary folk, my parents told me that during soviet times (60s-80s) Ukrainians and Russians got along perfectly fine, people thought of each other as brothers and sisters. My dad when he was growing up in Crimea he had to learn Ukrainian in school, it was part of the curriculum. Russians and Ukrainians would often times get married and it was no big deal. Russians would sing Ukrainian songs and Ukrainians would sing Russian songs. Ukrainian SSR was also relatively prosperous compared to the rest of the union, it was like the California or Texas of the Soviet Union. It was only recently that ordinary Ukrainians and Russians stopped getting along. Obviously Ukraine is not going to trust Russia for the foreseeable future and will try to distance itself as far as possible. In the end Russians and Ukrainians have the same goal, to make their countries prosperous. So even though Ukrainian wants take a different route, I wish that it all works out. Maybe one day Russia and Ukraine can be friends, but right now both sides are too stubborn to make any concessions. I know Alec that we have our disagreements, but I still respect you and I wish you and your country the best. I just want let you know that not all, and most likely not most Russians wish ill on Ukraine. I do agree that Russia should let Ukraine to decide its own future for better or worse. And to my Russian fellows reading this, leave Alec alone, he's obviously not going to change his mind. All this bickering is not leading to anything constructive. Perhaps we could discuss what are somethings both parties need to do in order to solve this rift?

Old 11-18-2016, 03:40 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,016,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes, but English is spoken by sullen guys with guns.
Why is that exactly?

You don't think Putin is the war monger by invading a sovereign nation and "taking" parts of it?

Old 11-18-2016, 04:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Bb9cyNZD0

Old 11-18-2016, 05:16 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
I don't know about politicians, but for ordinary folk, my parents told me that during soviet times (60s-80s) Ukrainians and Russians got along perfectly fine, people thought of each other as brothers and sisters. My dad when he was growing up in Crimea he had to learn Ukrainian in school, it was part of the curriculum. Russians and Ukrainians would often times get married and it was no big deal. Russians would sing Ukrainian songs and Ukrainians would sing Russian songs.
Pretty much so; the significant number of Ukrainian last names in "Russia proper" attests to it. The only exception were the western-most parts of Ukraine, that were adjoined to "Ukraine proper" by Stalin shortly after the WWII. They were the party that lost the war so to speak ( since quite a few of them were fighting on Hitler's side,) so they were stirring trouble back in the Soviet times as well. ( Just not as actively of course as lately)))

Old 11-19-2016, 07:36 AM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
They were the party that lost the war so to speak ( since quite a few of them were fighting on Hitler's side,) so they were stirring trouble back in the Soviet times as well. ( Just not as actively of course as lately)))
Western Ukraine was not part of the Soviet Union before the war, so to speak of the difficulties of 'stirring' due to the war - nonsense. Second, the massive resistance of Russification and Sovietization not connected with cooperation with Hitler, as the overall level of collaboration was exactly the same as the average among Russian collaborators.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:24 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
So,it seems Ukraine is being sued for failure to protect flight MH 17 because it did not take adequate measures by closing the airspace over their war zone in eastern Ukraine.

Seems proper to me. Ukraine was responsible for the plane when it was in their airspace.

Oh the howls from the insane of Kiev will be heard all over the planet.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
So,it seems Ukraine is being sued for failure to protect flight MH 17 because it did not take adequate measures by closing the airspace over their war zone in eastern Ukraine.
Who would have thought that Putin will give to prorussian drunk monkeys a deadly weapon like a BUK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe