Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2019, 06:16 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Uh-oh, sh*t is about to hit the fan in Ukraine...

I followed the same journalist yet again ( will translate later what he has to say about it,) but here it is, on CNN that he mentions and comments on -

"On Thursday, the President's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, told CNN he was planning to travel to Ukraine in hopes of pressing the country to investigate matters surrounding the release of negative information about former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who is currently serving a seven-and-a-half-year sentence on a number of charges, including failure to disclose a foreign bank account, tax evasion and bank fraud. Giuliani was also interested in pursuing questions about former Vice President Joe Biden, who pressured Kiev to remove a top prosecutor in Ukraine, who at one point was investigating a natural gas company linked to Biden's son Hunter. There has never been any evidence Biden acted improperly.

By Friday, Giuliani reversed course and canceled the trip, claiming without evidence that the Ukrainians surrounding president-elect Volodymyr Zelensky are "enemies of the President ... in some cases enemies of the United States" who have ties to Democrats"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/11/opini...rad/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 06:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
I really like the part about Biden pressuring to get rid of the official who wanted to investigate Hunter Biden.

In a country that really needs to curb corruption that sends a terrible signal.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I really like the part about Biden pressuring to get rid of the official who wanted to investigate Hunter Biden.

Here comes the sequel;
While the CNN is all about "high brows" and *indignant smiles* ( sticking to the prescribed bottom line about the "Democratic and independent Ukraine," that "America helps to fight the corruption and Russian Aggression,"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/11/polit...ine/index.html

...Ukrainian popular journalists keep on telling a different story, being totally impartial to Trump/his interests, yet confirming what Giuliani said earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZRnbxuQNtU

"OK dear friends…
Yesterday I’ve mentioned that Giuliani was planning to come to Kiev, to talk to Zelensky about the necessity to finish the investigation on Hunter Biden ( we are talking about “Burisma” of Nikolai Zlochevsky, the corruption ties between Zlochevsky and Poroshenko, the sharing of gas revenues among them, ( plus I KononenekoI assume he is talking about this particular deputy.)
He wanted to look into the case of the Russian interference, the financial records of the “Party of Regions” that were passed to the Democrats by Sergey Leshenko and general V. Trepak with Poroshenko’s approval. So Giuliani decided against his visit to Kiev. Not only that, he made a scandalous statement on Fox News, that Zelensky has plenty of Trump’s enemies among the people who work for him. And that’s why he is not planning to visit Ukraine so far. All our media is already talking about it of course, but we need to understand what stands behind it. And what stands behind it, is the blackmailing. The blackmailing of the new Zelensky’s government by Trump administration, whom Zelensky can take to work for him and whom he is not allowed to.

Looking at it, I am coming to conclusion that Ukraine is one of the key geopolitical interests of the US, if our government is dictated on such level who should be included in it and who should not.

Meaning, that there are people on Zelensky team, that are connected to the oligarchs, to the Democratic party of the US, that hypothetically speaking, support Clinton-Obama camp. And these people shouldn’t be there. I believe that this is blackmailing that shouldn’t be accepted, even though there are a lot of strange personalities of course in Zelensky team. There is such strange personality as A. Danylyik ( who is closely tied to the US Democratic Party and American Embassy,) overall there are plenty of people there who are pro-Democrats, BUT… if someone is dictating you from the US whom you can appoint for a job or not, us accepting it is nothing but nonsense, because then… then for example we should keep our current General Prosecutor Y. Lutsenko, because he is inconvenient for American Democrats, while Republicans like him. ( Lutsenko is testifying against Burisma and Hunter Biden.) Therefore we should keep Lutsenko, since he satisfies the US interests, but this is wrong approach. Because if we are trying to build the independent state ( and we already managed to get rid of the Russian dependency,) so now in order to become independent from the US as well, we shouldn’t accept this kind of blackmailing coming from the former Trump’s lawyers ( like Giuliani.)

We have to follow the simple logic instead; if such and such ( in our government) is doing a good job, let’s keep him. If not – he has to go. But to follow the commands from overseas, who is fit for a job or not – it’s the same kind of a story as to follow Putin's recommendations. Because both Putin and Trump, both Russia and the US are using Ukraine as their proxy for achieving their own goals. And on a side, to rob us a bit too of whatever we have left of our natural resources.
So I think Zelensky should choose and keep the people on his team that are first of all useful for him, for our country and for you and me. The rest should f. of.
So keep on subscribing to my channel, and ( as usual ) remember; there is no crisis, they simply steal our money, even if from overseas. So long."

Another popular journalist/blogger, A. Sharyi is more cautious in his approach, pointing at the current situation as a "big dilemma for Zelensky," if not to say downright his problem.
Sharyi is talking matter-of-factedly about Sergey Leshenko ( and others) who passed the financial records of the Party of Regions ( where the name of Paul Manafort has been mentioned,) per request of Clinton's presidential campaign team, ) and who now gave an interview to "Ukrainian Pravda," where he is accusing the General Prosecutor Y. Lutsenko in "making up the whole story about Joe Biden blackmailing V. Shokin for investigating Burisma."

J. Biden ( according to Leshenko,) didn't put any pressure on Shokin, and if he ever did, the reason behind it was not any illegal activities of Hunter Biden in Burisma, but "genuine concern of Joe Biden in his fight with Ukrainian corruption."
And that's where the blackmailing with $ 1 billion loans ( that we witness at 5:17) and "son of the b*ch* referral to Shokin come from.

"With other words," continues Sharyi, "Leshenko plays straight in the hands of Trump's political adversaries, when Trump is conducting investigation against his potential competitor."

Further on, Sharyi demonstrates the old posts of S. Leshenko "The financial records of the Party of Regions saved the world: Manafort, who was fed from Yanukovich hands, is going to prison in shame. I think that Trump won't be able to recover after this," and next one: "Our morning briefing about Yanukovich money made it to the morning news of the popular CBS News. I hope that it's going to be the last nail in the Manafort's coffin, and with him - Trump's" - wrote on his Facebook page the deputy of the Pyotr Poroshenko's Block, S. Leshenko."
"-Go ahead, hope all you want," comments Sharyi, "but I hope that at this point president Zelensky will purge his ranks, and next time will be more cautious when picking people that work for him.
At this, I repeat one more time that I personally have nothing against S. Leshenko."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQjWGjF4d6A&t=18s

Last edited by erasure; 05-12-2019 at 08:05 PM..

Old 05-12-2019, 07:47 PM

...and the last but not least - one more recent image, coming from "free and democratic Ukraine," where Russians should flock to ( according to DKM) upon the counter-offer of Ukrainian passports, made by Zelensky.
This is coming straight from the courtroom in Kiev, where the political prisoner ( accused of an "attempt of the separatism,") is experiencing a heart failure, and the masked mob prevents doctors from taking him to the ambulance, LOCKING doctors up behind bars together with prisoners.

What you see is his lawyer trying to clear the way for the doctors, and the mob ( most likely working for the infamous Ukrainian SBU ( Security Service)
is attacking him.

The police that has been called, showed up an hour and half later, after the prisoner was already taken by unidentified people in a car, in unknown direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcWcbnY0dag

I mean I know about the nationalist mob ruling the streets of Ukraine; but I've never heard about this particular man before ( that's what little that I could learn about him now)
However... the courtroom, the ambulance, the locked up doctors - that's about a bit too much to digest.

But it's all about "Russia-Russia-Russia" of course, and the "absence of freedom and democracy over there," unlike in Ukraine, supported by the US.

Last edited by erasure; 05-12-2019 at 08:11 PM..

Old 05-13-2019, 12:30 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
It really bothers you doesn't it. Your DNR is run by a bunch of unaccountable thugs who have ruined the standard of life of the formerly "prosperous" Donetsk. Meanwhile Ukraine chooses its own path and puts people into power who will run the country according to the will of its citizens. The horror...

I never said Russians would flock to Ukraine. Nobody did. Ze was only offering it to political asylum seekers, those who are harassed or threatened by security services for doing such crimes against the Russian state such as highlight corruption.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:34 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

Except the truth is (again) the opposite of what you are saying. Biden very clearly signaled corruption and non investigations was the reason why Shotkin had to go. The fact is he was NOT investigating Burisma in 2016. This means Biden would want him in office if he was trying to help his son. I know the logic is not convenient but its pretty clear to those who follow events. Everyone in 2016 knew Shotkin was another lackey, a cover for the oligarchy and only investigated companies to procure bribes. Not very unlike the current guy, the one who made these things up in hopes to keep his job.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:59 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
I see a lull before the inauguration. Apparently everyone is waiting for the real steps of the new president. Dark horse must go on the political stage

Old 05-14-2019, 04:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Zelensky better be paying attention to this. DKM, Alec, watch it and weep. This is a good indication of what Ukrainian people think and know about themselves.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=C43L_1557769594

Old 05-14-2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Except the truth is (again) the opposite of what you are saying. Biden very clearly signaled corruption and non investigations was the reason why Shotkin had to go. The fact is he was NOT investigating Burisma in 2016. This means Biden would want him in office if he was trying to help his son. I know the logic is not convenient but its pretty clear to those who follow events. Everyone in 2016 knew Shotkin was another lackey, a cover for the oligarchy and only investigated companies to procure bribes. Not very unlike the current guy, the one who made these things up in hopes to keep his job.

What are you even talking about?

"On June 15, 2018, Zlochevsky was accused of illegally issuing oil and gas licenses to the companies that belonged to him in 2010-2012 while he was Ecology Minister after the Solomyansky District Court in Kyiv annulled the ruling of the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office (SAP) to close a criminal proceeding against him in 2017.[12] On April 18, 2018, recordings of conversations between President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and Zlochevsky were released which implicated him in graft.[3][13][14] At the end of 2014, he fled Ukraine amid allegations of self enrichment and corruption during his tenure in public office, but returned to Ukraine in February 2018 after investigations into his Burisma Holdings had been completed in December 2017 with no charges filed against him.[9][15]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burisma_Holdings

Old 05-15-2019, 07:39 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,805,566 times
I guess in Ukraine, your accent leads other people to make assumptions about you. If you have a Lviv accent, you’re a Banderista. If you have a Donbas accent, you’re a Stalinist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe