U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-22-2014, 11:00 PM
 
6 posts, read 9,967 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I'm looking at houses in Spain and i am in love. they're also really cheap right now too. i found a house i liked in Lloret de Mar, Girona, CATALUNYA but i've never been there. if you have any experience in Lloret De Mar please let me know what it's like! Is it safe there? What's the biggest worry? how are the beaches? what is there to do there? Is it a good place to live in? Is there a lot of foreign? Is it expensive ( homes, food, supplies, etc) Is there a lot of floods, tsunamis, earthquakes, anything? please give me your input on Lloret De Mar

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-23-2014 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: English only please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-23-2014, 03:22 AM
 
Location: Europe
1,618 posts, read 2,770,569 times
Reputation: 1100
Hello Elizabethhh.

Yes Spain is a very good place to live, but this moment it is not the best, unless you are lucky and get a job fast. I have been only once in Lloret de Mar so I don't know much that place, the beaches are small and deep, it is a very touristic place in summer so I suppose it is expensive especially in that season.

Earthquakes and tsunamis are not usual, floods maybe a bit more during the raining season.

By the way, do you have a job in Spain? what are your plans of life in Lloret? maybe with these details it is easier to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2014, 08:44 AM
 
Location: The High Seas
7,379 posts, read 13,294,844 times
Reputation: 11697
Tossa is a helluva lot nicer.
The Costa Brava was never the cheapest part of Spain. I wonder how much prices have come down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2014, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 4043 N
3,024 posts, read 2,559,661 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethhh View Post
I'm looking at houses in Spain and i am in love. they're also really cheap right now too. i found a house i liked in Lloret de Mar, Girona, CATALUNYA but i've never been there. if you have any experience in Lloret De Mar please let me know what it's like! Is it safe there? What's the biggest worry? how are the beaches? what is there to do there? Is it a good place to live in? Is there a lot of foreign? Is it expensive ( homes, food, supplies, etc) Is there a lot of floods, tsunamis, earthquakes, anything? please give me your input on Lloret De Mar
I've been twice there in summer months. It's mostly a holiday destination town for Dutchs and Belgians, so you could think you are not in Spain or Catalonia but somewhere in Benelux beaches with great weather.
There are a lot of discos, bars and nightlife, so if you are not a young person it would be better to live in another quite town near Lloret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2014, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Polderland
1,072 posts, read 899,229 times
Reputation: 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
I've been twice there in summer months. It's mostly a holiday destination town for Dutchs and Belgians, so you could think you are not in Spain or Catalonia but somewhere in Benelux beaches with great weather.
There are a lot of discos, bars and nightlife, so if you are not a young person it would be better to live in another quite town near Lloret.

Absolutly right! I wouldn't go there for holliday, and a lot with me, cos it wouldn't look (and sound) like spain much . And remember, when houses are cheap, it usually has a good reason. Unemployment rates are sky high at the moment.
A lot of Dutch try to move there and set up tourist buisenesses. We actually have a few television shows about that. Cause watch out! Its very slow paced living there, wich is nice and relaxed, but also very frustrating if you have to make arrangements. Like said before, you'd have to make appointments with government officials and brokers, and it's perfectly normal for them to show up one or two hours late. Or don't show up at all, without notice . Especially Dutch, and Germans with their punctual culture, get so frustrated they pull out their own hairs. We love watching that show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2014, 11:03 PM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,080,759 times
Reputation: 11618
Sure Spain is great....if you have a job that is, or are making a good enough income by yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 PM
FBF
 
572 posts, read 687,611 times
Reputation: 483
Spain is nice and all, but its economy is not doing so well.

Prices are cheaper there because unemployment is high over there, sadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2014, 12:13 AM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,801 posts, read 17,647,823 times
Reputation: 9024
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Absolutly right! I wouldn't go there for holliday, and a lot with me, cos it wouldn't look (and sound) like spain much . And remember, when houses are cheap, it usually has a good reason. Unemployment rates are sky high at the moment.
A lot of Dutch try to move there and set up tourist buisenesses. We actually have a few television shows about that. Cause watch out! Its very slow paced living there, wich is nice and relaxed, but also very frustrating if you have to make arrangements. Like said before, you'd have to make appointments with government officials and brokers, and it's perfectly normal for them to show up one or two hours late. Or don't show up at all, without notice . Especially Dutch, and Germans with their punctual culture, get so frustrated they pull out their own hairs. We love watching that show
I'd like to watch this show what is it called?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2014, 01:28 AM
 
Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 4043 N
3,024 posts, read 2,559,661 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
There are a lot of discos, bars and nightlife, so if you are not a young person it would be better to live in another quite town near Lloret.
Opps, I mean "quiet".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2014, 02:05 AM
 
Location: Polderland
1,072 posts, read 899,229 times
Reputation: 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I'd like to watch this show what is it called?

It's called "Ik vertrek" (i'm leaving) it's a Dutch television show, following Dutch people leaving the Netherlands to start a new life in another country. Most go to France, Spain or Italy and some to the scandinavian countries or Eastern Europe, thinking the'll have a more relaxed life. Were they in for a suprise
But actually it's quite a nice show that gives a realistic view on how hard it can be to leave your country and adapt to a new environment and culture.

If you google it you'll find some video's of it on the internet, it's in Dutch though

Last edited by cattledog69; 02-24-2014 at 02:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:01 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top