Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:34 PM

251 posts, read 396,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Even more ironic is that Hitler was part Jewish
I think that was just a propaganda.

"Jews" is not a race anyway. It is a religion. Jewish people comes from all races, there are white jews, black jews etc...

Hitler from what I recall was a christian.

Last edited by mrcricket300; 03-10-2014 at 09:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 12:02 AM

278 posts, read 277,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcricket300 View Post
This is pretty ironic because the original Nazis hated Russians, and thought they were sub humans.
Hitler hated Russia because of Communism and that's where Jews come into the picture. He felt Jewish-Bolsheviks hijacked Russia.

When USSR defeated the Nazis and overran Germany, they were extremely angered at the higher quality of life the Germans were enjoying.

My grandmother (in Poland) stated the Russians were intrigued by her radio. The stereotype of Russian Mongols was a true one.

Subhuman isn't the correct label, but Russians were certainty less educated and simplistic people.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:44 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What money? I guess that this is a financial protest group

Horrific Documentary on Russian Neo Nazis part 1 - YouTube
Actually they ARE a financial protest group.
Listen closely to what they are saying.
The roots of racism in Russia are basically the same as the roots of racism in Germany.
Germans were squeezed because of the conditions imposed on them by the victors of the WWI and Jews/Blacks became the scapegoats of German misery.
Russians were squeezed by the events of the 90ies, and Asians/people of color became the scapegoats of their misery.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:41 AM

520 posts, read 1,515,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Hitler hated Russia because of Communism and that's where Jews come into the picture. He felt Jewish-Bolsheviks hijacked Russia.

When USSR defeated the Nazis and overran Germany, they were extremely angered at the higher quality of life the Germans were enjoying.

My grandmother (in Poland) stated the Russians were intrigued by her radio. The stereotype of Russian Mongols was a true one.

Subhuman isn't the correct label, but Russians were certainty less educated and simplistic people.
A bit offtopic but that reminds me of the fact that all of my elderly relatives told me how "nice" the "ethnic Russian" soldiers treated them as small children and how barbaric and evil the "Mongolic" or "Central Asian" Soviet soldiers were even towards the minors...a significant amount of the rapes in Germany at that time were committed by the latter. One of the reasons for this was that many "minorities" were treated like crap by the Soviet generals and fellow comrades and therefore were used as "assault troop" or just "cannon fodder". Therefore they were much more agressive and emotionally deprived and together with their exotic and (for European eyes) "cruel" looks, they probably gave the German civilians the creeps. According to one of my grandmothers, the "Russians" would play folk music, would drink vodka and would suffer from emotional homesickness...some even giving her sweets because she looked similar to the Russian daughters of some soldiers. In contrast to that, the "Mongols" would come into the basements or houses, raping and taunting and even harrasing little girls. However, that is possibly one of many different perspectives

Old 03-11-2014, 10:57 AM

35 posts, read 238,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Not where I lived.
Average Russians didn't like to interefere with them too much, knowing that whatever happens, the police would always be on a side of a foreigner ( they did bring hard currency in the country after all,) except for Russians who wanted to deal with them ( because of the Black market deals or otherwise.)

Of course, they were Internationalistic Students, they had a ring with caucasians in which they acted forefront, as protection, and caucasian provided all contacts with Odessa. No Russian in his right mind would mess with them, that's quite a capitalistic thing.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
A bit offtopic but that reminds me of the fact that all of my elderly relatives told me how "nice" the "ethnic Russian" soldiers treated them as small children and how barbaric and evil the "Mongolic" or "Central Asian" Soviet soldiers were even towards the minors...a significant amount of the rapes in Germany at that time were committed by the latter. One of the reasons for this was that many "minorities" were treated like crap by the Soviet generals and fellow comrades and therefore were used as "assault troop" or just "cannon fodder".
I'm sorry, but I have hard time to believe it, that Asians were used specifically as "cannon fodder" knowing the general situation with Soviet troops. Besides, the soldiers that were used as those "attack units" were coming form labor camps (often they were given a "chance" to "atone their sins" ( that is if they'd survive of course ) and they consisted of all kind of nationalities.
So I wouldn't attribute what you describe here to "poor treatment of Asians in Soviet Army," but rather to their own cultural traits. To begin with, their culture is of Islamic background, which survived even through Soviet times, and now, when they went separate way from Russia, Russians who stayed behind have story to tell about constant rapes and poor treatment of women, when Islam is ruling there again out in the open.

Last edited by erasure; 03-11-2014 at 11:56 AM..

Old 03-11-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilofardin View Post
Of course, they were Internationalistic Students, they had a ring with caucasians in which they acted forefront, as protection, and caucasian provided all contacts with Odessa. No Russian in his right mind would mess with them, that's quite a capitalistic thing.

That's in your book.
I am talking about times when Caucasians were not a problem; there were very few of them in Russian cities and in fact Georgians were very much liked.
Foreign students from Africa didn't have anything to do with them - they were vigorously protected by Soviet state, because they were bringing hard currency to Russia. That's why nobody dared to mess with them and even when they did have friends among the locals, it was not out in the open, because KGB was hanging around not too far away, looking for for "black market" dealers.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:24 AM

In Soviet countries with Soviet troops and "technicians", Slavics tended to be quite nice as a general rule, hard workers, good students, hard drinkers, they all worked as internationalistic to earn the right to buy a car, something quite baffling to hear to recently borgized ex-capitalists....

But yes, the meanest and most aggressive ones were the "chinese", as they were called by the local population, the meanest confidents, not popular at all by russians and other comrades. I distinctly remember a Tzchek Engineer hitting one of those "chinese" after he said something about was was going on in Pague.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That's in your book.
I am talking about times when Caucasians were not a problem; there were very few of them in Russian cities and in fact Georgians were very much liked.
Foreign students from Africa didn't have anything to do with them - they were vigorously protected by Soviet state, because they were bringing hard currency to Russia. That's why nobody dared to mess with them and even when they did have friends among the locals, it was not out in the open, because KGB was hanging around not too far away, looking for for "black market" dealers.

I'm talking after 1991. After, the students of Lumumba formed a ring. Those blacks, in soviet times, made deals, something related to food or car permits?

Old 03-11-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilofardin View Post
I'm talking after 1991. After, the students of Lumumba formed a ring. Those blacks, in soviet times, made deals, something related to food or car permits?
1991 - that's already not "Soviet times." Not for real anyways.
And I am talking about REAL Soviet times, like the end of 70ies or the 80ies.
Caucasians were never a problem and they didn't have any organized groups/rings ( whatever) with international students.
I lived for some time in a district where the dormitories of Patrice Lumumba University were ( in Moscow)
No problems there, everything was very quite and things you are talking now about were unheard of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe