U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 01:19 PM

9,033 posts, read 8,761,606 times

Advertisements

According to lunatic Russian politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the reason Europeans distrust Russia is because the Russian language includes a "disgusting, animalistic" sound, represented by the letter ы, that came "from the Mongols" and is not found in any European language. (It's a bit like a German but pronounced further back in the throat.) He proposes that it be removed from the alphabet.

Link in Russian: –и€иновский заявил, ‡‚о бƒква «Ы» позо€и‚ *оссиŽ пе€ед •в€опой - Ÿоли‚и‡еская жизнŒ *оссии - œš

He gets points for originality, if nothing else...

Last edited by pch1013; 03-12-2014 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 01:37 PM

2,032 posts, read 2,418,841 times
Haha, that's priceless. One can never be bored when within earshot of Zhirinovsky!
I happen to speak Russian, and I do find that sound to be diabolical (to pronounce) :-D
It's tough!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:49 PM

15,061 posts, read 13,659,967 times
I firmly believe that the real reason why Putin still keeps Zhirinovsky in public eye ( and in parliament) is to send the message to the world; "Look, you have it easy and don't complain too much about me, because you might have had THAT ONE to deal with."

Old 03-12-2014, 02:30 PM

435 posts, read 330,887 times
I read a subject about Zhirinovsky and I couldn't keep silent: )
My most favourite Russian politician: )

драка в думе ЛДП* жириновский жирику набили морду как так? - YouTube

By the way at us all Ukraine laughed when it arrived to the Crimea "to settle" crisis...
We so have clowns, thanks, dear Russians: )

Old 03-12-2014, 02:36 PM

Yes, we in the US have some crazy politicians, but there's no one like Zhirinovsky.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:19 PM

78,962 posts, read 70,771,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
According to lunatic Russian politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the reason Europeans distrust Russia is because the Russian language includes a "disgusting, animalistic" sound, represented by the letter ы, that came "from the Mongols" and is not found in any European language. (It's a bit like a German but pronounced further back in the throat.) He proposes that it be removed from the alphabet.

Link in Russian: Жириновский заявил, что буква «Ы» позорит *оссию перед Европой - Политическая жизнь *оссии - МК

Not true. It's in Romanian.

Why are we paying attention to anything Zhirinovsky says?

Old 03-12-2014, 07:54 PM

15,061 posts, read 13,659,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Because he is awesomely amazing.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Out of curiosity, which Romanian letter sounds like ы? Is it ă?

The Estonian letter sounds a bit similar.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:42 PM

3,101 posts, read 4,564,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post

Link in Russian: Жириновский заявил, что буква «Ы» позорит *оссию перед Европой - Политическая жизнь *оссии - МК

Our language is not related to the Mongols.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 PM

3,101 posts, read 4,564,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I firmly believe that the real reason why Putin still keeps Zhirinovsky in public eye ( and in parliament) is to send the message to the world; "Look, you have it easy and don't complain too much about me, because you might have had THAT ONE to deal with."
He's a good Arathor ,nothing more.But, if necessary, he helps anyone man in Russia, personally. If you share his interests, even remote. I know a lot of cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe