Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 08:28 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,831 times

Advertisements

I used to be quite okay with Russians, but my identity has always been Ukrainian, and that's been passed on in my family. I am not, and have never been, against friendly relations with other peoples. But when I see the unabashed hostility towards Ukraine's territorial and national integrity, I can't help but hate the katsap scum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 10:14 PM

71 posts, read 98,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Pimp up your own blyatmobile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9CgSjQDAvE
ROFL thats mad, i think i read somwhere he is a developer from russia working in est. Anyway thats kinda true, russians love adidas for some reason, in tallinn Lasnamagi its seems people only shop in adidas

Old 09-28-2016, 10:30 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
^ just happened to watch that guy "Boris" recent video about Bulgarian language, he def. sounds russian judging by the way he pronounces "e" as "ye" and his inability to read the very old slavic "u" sound - "ъ".

Old 09-29-2016, 12:20 AM

71 posts, read 98,198 times
yea might be, heres abit more info
Life of Boris: The Rising Slav YouTube Superstar – Weird Russia

Old 09-29-2016, 03:20 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Yes, 'Boris' is a Russian Estonian living in Tallinn. He seems to speak fluent Estonian, so he is not an immigrant.

But thank you Boris, here's the weekend's dinner for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDybFLoOcGg

I will do Stroganoff Finnish style, though. It replaces the mushrooms with pickled cucumber, flour with a thickening agent, adds tomato paste, mustard and parsley. The ingredients are sautéed three times instead of twice like Boris did.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:25 AM

178 posts, read 523,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I used to be quite okay with Russians, but my identity has always been Ukrainian, and that's been passed on in my family. I am not, and have never been, against friendly relations with other peoples. But when I see the unabashed hostility towards Ukraine's territorial and national integrity, I can't help but hate the katsap scum.
I agree with you. I am from Canada and as someone who was born in Kiev, I grew up with many Russian and Ukrainian expats in the 90s. There were many of us, and we were all friends. Our parents were friends. (by the way, I am not Jewish so there was no Jewish culture holding us together). Most of these people were from Moscow and St. Petersburg, while most Ukrainians were from Kiev and Lviv. Some were first and second generation immigrants. We obviously all spoke Russian between each other.

It was all the same right up until February 2014 when unrest started brewing in Crimea and Donbass, something changed. While all my Russian friends are cool people and we are good friends, we need to avoid the subject of politics. While the younger Russian population don't like Putin (most sane people don't), they don't necessarily appreciate/understand the importance of territorial integrity of Ukraine.

This doesn't make me hate them, but it makes me wonder if they, as a population, are really our friends and our supporters.

Ukraine and Russia always had a bad relationship, the only time these relationships were forcibly mended is by Russification during the 80s and Yanukovich. We have closed this chapter now, perhaps permanently, and true feelings are now forced to the top. Where they will stay for a long time.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:28 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Erasure, learn to dance true Gopnik style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMSGnGL8JU0

Old 09-29-2016, 04:30 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architext View Post
While the younger Russian population don't like Putin (most sane people don't), they don't necessarily appreciate/understand the importance of territorial integrity of Ukraine.
Most younger Russian population are stupid, like all others younger population. But most sane people understand the importance of Putin's current stage of development of the Russian state. And they necessarily appreciate/understand the importance of territorial integrity of Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architext View Post
Ukraine and Russia always had a bad relationship, the only time these relationships were forcibly mended is by Russification during the 80s and Yanukovich. We have closed this chapter now, perhaps permanently, and true feelings are now forced to the top. Where they will stay for a long time.
Always had a bad relationship? Reale? Ok, that's good, that fairy tale about the fraternal peoples in the past. You must return the Russian land back (Kharkov, Odessa, etc.) and can live as you wish.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:38 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Most younger Russian population are stupid, like all others younger population. But most sane people understand the importance of Putin's current stage of development of the Russian state. And they necessarily appreciate/understand the importance of territorial integrity of Russia.

Always had a bad relationship? Reale? Ok, that's good, that fairy tale about the fraternal peoples in the past. You must return the Russian land back (Kharkov, Odessa, etc.) and can live as you wish.
Kharkiv and Odesa are Ukrainian land. They are still majority Ukrainian today too. Good example of why katsaps are so odious. Those regions just so happen to be the ancestral ones for my UKRAINIAN uncle too. There can never be good relations as long as katsaps want to take our land!

Old 09-29-2016, 04:52 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Who are these people and why they were shouting anti-Russian chants in 2013 (before joining the Crimea)?

https://youtu.be/7oJlLPqsa5k

Why this band is not banned in the Ukraine for the anti-Russian songs (song before joining the Crimea)?

https://youtu.be/o13TLYEheDw

Do you hate the katsap scum? It is very cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe