Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 05:55 AM

178 posts, read 522,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Always had a bad relationship? Reale? Ok, that's good, that fairy tale about the fraternal peoples in the past. You must return the Russian land back (Kharkov, Odessa, etc.) and can live as you wish.
Let's take a step back. Return the "Russian land" to who? Russia doesn't want it.

Donetsk and Luhansk, this is Ukrainian land, but due to Russian occupation most able and upwardly mobile Ukrainians have fled those areas long ago. But what about Russia? They don't dare intervene and officially claim it for themselves - they just want another Transnistria. It serves absolutely no purpose to either side except to keep Putin's electoral ratings up.

Crimea will very well follow a similar path, but it will take more time. I personally have my grandparents buried in Crimea and didn't have a chance to visit their graves, but I have faith that Ukraine will regain control over its own land someday.

About Odesa and Kharkiv, I hope you were joking. What's happening on the ground right now is that Odesa and Kharkiv is covered in Ukrainian flags and these cities are staunchly anti-Russia. Try as you might to bring separatists over there, the public will simply rip them apart. Public support for the Ukrainian state is simply too strong over there right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 06:10 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,377,883 times
Quote:

Do you hate the katsap scum? It is very cute.
In the past, I never really disliked, or wanted to dislike Russians. Even well into the Ukrainian crisis, I was sadly misinformed. But I'm much better informed now, and my opinions have completed changed. And that's actually true of a lot of Ukrainians. In the not-so-distant past, Ukrainians even held a better view of Russians than vice versa. Congratulations! You people have totally flipped attitudes towards you and your country among Ukrainians. This survey was conducted in 2009 - but as you can probably imagine, it would reveal totally different figures if it were conducted today:

Quote:
In a poll held by Levada Center in June 2009 in Russia 75% of Russian respondents respected Ukrainians as ethnic group but 55% were negative about Ukraine as the state. In May 2009, 96% of Ukrainians polled by Kyiv International Sociology Institute were positive about Russians as ethnic group, 93% respected Russian Federation and 76% respected Russian establishment.[24]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ukrainian_sentiment

Old 09-29-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architext View Post
About Odesa and Kharkiv, I hope you were joking. What's happening on the ground right now is that Odesa and Kharkiv is covered in Ukrainian flags and these cities are staunchly anti-Russia. Try as you might to bring separatists over there, the public will simply rip them apart. Public support for the Ukrainian state is simply too strong over there right now.
Exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXLCR0cmDuU

Old 09-29-2016, 07:47 AM

24,205 posts, read 24,644,524 times
I noticed that I can't have any Slav blood in me, as I can squat only for a minute before my legs and knees start to ache.

About Ukraine, I didn't know anything about the country or couldn't care less. Then Maidan happened, and now I have sympathy for the poor bastards. Thank you Pravy Sektor!
I should visit some time. Maybe Kiev and Lviv.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:55 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,150,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Kharkiv and Odesa are Ukrainian land.
Really? And who founded these city?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:56 AM

73 posts, read 96,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yes, 'Boris' is a Russian Estonian living in Tallinn. He seems to speak fluent Estonian, so he is not an immigrant.
Any links for that ? And that finnish recepie feels kinda like guljash if u do it with tomatopaste innit?

Old 09-29-2016, 08:05 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,150,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
In the not-so-distant past, Ukrainians even held a better view of Russians than vice versa. Congratulations!
Yes, amazing as Maidan could change the situation.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:46 AM

24,205 posts, read 24,644,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharapita View Post
Any links for that ? And that finnish recepie feels kinda like guljash if u do it with tomatopaste innit?
Goulash has red peppers, stroganoff don't.

Boris has admitted it in one of his Q&A videos.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Really? And who founded these city?
Don't care. Odesa and Kharkiv are oblasts, not just cities, and they're clearly majority Ukrainian, just as they have been historically.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Yes, amazing as Maidan could change the situation.
Russian aggression changed the situation, and that can be said for Ukrainians more generally, regardless of our individual opinions about Maidan. It's a Ukrainian internal matter, so should not be Russia's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe