Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 11:13 AM

26,750 posts, read 22,239,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine_M View Post
Yes. At some schools of the teacher it is worse, in some it is better. Therefore at us there are a lot of private teachers, businessmen now. Which learn at themselves at home, or at home at the school student. Sometimes without such preparation to arrive in universtitt, on free training - it isn't possible.
OK Konstantin - but ARE PROGRAMS the same in every school?
You know, as in the same kind of TEXTBOOKS is given to everyone, as it was back in the day?

(The funny thing is - I came to this forum first by accident, just planning to ask a question regarding Canadian schools vs American ones, and then to be gone))))

Quote:
I will tell on examples. The popular directions of preparation at university are: management, IT, economy, law. Training in these directions very expensive. Therefore students for whom pays the state on these specialties aren't enough.
Just what I thought more or less...

Quote:
Other example. Not the popular directions of preparation: mechanical engineering, electrical equipment, agronomics. Here on these the directions, it is possible to study easily at the expense of the state. And sometimes, for the entities, on an example of the plant.
Yep, that's it. Subject that requires the knowledge of math and physics. (I kicked my son in that direction BTW, even though he was insisting that he was going to be a "great psychologist", lol)))
And "Agronomics" - meaning "Agriculture?" (сельское хозяйство)

Quote:
Thank you that you try to understand my posts.
You can send me PM if you need help with translations any time, or I can even "brush it up" right here, in a thread if necessary. I appreciate all information, particularly that you are not from Moscow))))

Last edited by erasure; 01-27-2017 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 12:05 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,150,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine_M View Post
The popular directions of preparation at university are: management, IT, economy, law.
Several of my friends studied law and economy. None of them does not work in their specialty. These specialty in demand because it is the easiest way to get a higher education diploma.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
OK Konstantin - but ARE PROGRAMS the same in every school?
You know, as in the same kind of TEXTBOOKS is given to everyone, as it was back in the day?

(The funny thing is - I came to this forum first by accident, just planning to ask a question regarding Canadian schools vs American ones, and then to be gone))))
In general, it is. But you should use tutors or special schools with profound studying of subjects for admission to a good university. These schools are free, but there exists a competition. For example, I had 11 lessons of Mathematics and 7 lessons Physics in week in my second school (it was a municipal gymnasium). As a result, we have held high places in a school Olympiads and went without problems on a good free university education.

And yes, I hated the English lessons.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:10 PM

810 posts, read 661,426 times
Russian friends. One of my favorite movies is called Transsiberian which is a thriller featuring an ill fated journey on the trans-siberian railway. There is a scene in the movie where an American asks a Russian railway employee where the toilet is and she proceeds to pour him some tea, a request that was obviously lost in translation. She then explodes in frustration but I don't know what it is she is saying! it takes place about 9 minutes 20 seconds in

A link to this on YouTube is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTLnwfEmo7M

Would be thrilled if one of you could translate what she is saying!

Old 01-29-2017, 10:27 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,827,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
Russian friends. One of my favorite movies is called Transsiberian which is a thriller featuring an ill fated journey on the trans-siberian railway. There is a scene in the movie where an American asks a Russian railway employee where the toilet is and she proceeds to pour him some tea, a request that was obviously lost in translation. She then explodes in frustration but I don't know what it is she is saying! it takes place about 9 minutes 20 seconds in

A link to this on YouTube is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTLnwfEmo7M

Would be thrilled if one of you could translate what she is saying!
She said like - Here is your tea, please. And don't look at me like this, f--ing moron. You asked tea and now you got it. So take it. And actually, it's not my job to serve you here, and I have no time for this sh*t, f--ing halfwit.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:30 PM

26,750 posts, read 22,239,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
In general, it is. But you should use tutors or special schools with profound studying of subjects for admission to a good university. These schools are free, but there exists a competition. For example, I had 11 lessons of Mathematics and 7 lessons Physics in week in my second school (it was a municipal gymnasium). As a result, we have held high places in a school Olympiads and went without problems on a good free university education.

And yes, I hated the English lessons.
I knew that much already.
I knew that you were from THAT field of studies)))

The "techies" can be spotted from afar.
No wonder you hated English lessons, but not more than I used to hate math I bet))))

Old 01-29-2017, 10:47 PM

810 posts, read 661,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
She said like - Here is your tea, please. And don't look at me like this, f--ing moron. You asked tea and now you got it. So take it. And actually, it's not my job to serve you here, and I have no time for this sh*t, f--ing halfwit.
THANK YOU!!

Old 01-30-2017, 05:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,337,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGK67 View Post
I wonder ...
The last time spoke in English in 1999 in Florida.

Now a lot is forgotten
I am writing with Google translator, and then mend.

Is it good in the forum?
It is acceptable.

Take a look at this. Quite a concept.

Awesome Soviet Ekranoplan Aircraft Carrier Project | English Russia

Old 02-01-2017, 07:23 AM

Interesting photo-report about the polar meteorological station in Valkarkay:

zhzhitel.livejournal.com/343276.html

https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4814...3c53d_orig.jpg

Footprints military:

https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/1555...ce153_orig.jpg

https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3600...1cd51_orig.jpg

Polar bear in 2012:

https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6513...f4f78_orig.jpg

At work:
https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6701...7dc25_orig.jpg

By the way, good movie "How I Ended This Summer" was filmed there.

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-01-2017 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 02-01-2017, 11:22 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,378,579 times
Dirty Russian terrorists have been massively increasing their terroristic activity these last few days, as I'm sure you're aware. Filthy beasts. Scum of the earth these people are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe