Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 05:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

Erasure. That's the BBC. Not a good source when it comes to Russia.

Another of Valerias videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEO5v8ONZkk

I really feel that in east Ukraine they have got to be some real fanatics. They're going up against a well defended area with extensive minefields and entrenched, battle hardened, well supported infantry. Right behind that front line is a lot of armor and more infantry in reserve along with some helacious artillery support. I'm hearing reports of over 70 dead and wounded.

Doing what they're doing is not an act of a well informed, competent and sane group of individuals. It's more senseless than the Japanese and their Banzai charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 05:12 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Erasure. That's the BBC. Not a good source when it comes to Russia.
Scrat...
What IS a good source on Russia?
It'a a one-party system after all, what can be a good OFFICIAL source you think?

Old 02-02-2017, 06:08 PM

Honestly I'm totally biased against the BBC and have been for awhile, to me it's as bad as Pravda. It's not even a site I visit anymore. I have my reasons. I get my info from many different places but the main ones are actually forums such as TheMess.net and some others.

I think Maxes stats may be a little high because the mood of Russians seems to be ambivalent (potential) currently but could certainly become darker (kinetic) if things go too far or they feel really insulted or threatened.

I have no doubt that Ukraine should not be trying to **** them off. I think there's a hell of a lot of Russians that would drop everything to go and get a crack at those nutjobs down there.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:52 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Honestly I'm totally biased against the BBC and have been for awhile, to me it's as bad as Pravda. It's not even a site I visit anymore. I have my reasons. I get my info from many different places but the main ones are actually forums such as TheMess.net and some others.

I think Maxes stats may be a little high because the mood of Russians seems to be ambivalent (potential) currently but could certainly become darker (kinetic) if things go too far or they feel really insulted or threatened.

I have no doubt that Ukraine should not be trying to **** them off. I think there's a hell of a lot of Russians that would drop everything to go and get a crack at those nutjobs down there.
No, I mean in terms of realialbe data/figures - polls and all.
The rest - I have all I need.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:52 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Maxim, how do you know these numbers?
What's the source?
See, I am looking at BBC figures, and they are saying that 65% of the people participating in the poll SUPPORT Russian volunteers that went to fight in Donbass, ( even though 90% don't know anyone going there.) And only 22% have the negative attitude.
65% - that's pretty high number to think that only 15% would like to see Russian troops in Donbass.

ÞÿрþÑÂ: рþÑÂÑÂøÑÂýõ þôþñрÑÂюÑ‚ ÿþõ÷ôúø ôþñрþòþÃȄŒÃ‘†ÃµÃ² ò ÔþýñðÑÂÑ - BBC Ã*уÑÂÑÂúðѠÑÂÃȄƒÃ¶Ã±Ã°
No source. It's my personal opinion.
80% Russians approve of volunteers. But volunteers - it's just volunteers, even if some of them is a graduate of the General Staff. Entering the regular troops is a country's transition to a war economy. I think that only 10-15% of Russians are really ready for it.

+ It will not be a cake-walk as in Syria. It will be a bloodbath. The Ukrainian government will push Ukrainian troops to the slaughter. Ukrainians in Russia will not understand this. A lot of problems will be.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 02-03-2017 at 04:26 AM..

Old 02-03-2017, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What IS a good source on Russia?
Good question. Probably a only specialized Internet forums (each topic is discussed at a special forum, where usually communicate experts on this issue).

Old 02-04-2017, 03:46 PM

I'm having a real problem with this word.

Шагай

What has it got to do with ходить?

I'm going through an old tech manual for a T-55 tank and the part of the suspension where the road wheel attaches to the hull is labeled Шагай. That word seems like a verb to me, not a noun.

Thanx.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
I'm having a real problem with this word.

Шагай

What has it got to do with ходить?

I'm going through an old tech manual for a T-55 tank and the part of the suspension where the road wheel attaches to the hull is labeled Шагай. That word seems like a verb to me, not a noun.

Thanx.
I need a context. Photos of this part.

"Шагай" is a verb, imperative form of the verb "go". Noun is "шаг" (step).
It can be used as a measure of distance: c шагом 50 см (in increments of 50 cm).
"Шагай" can mean "start to measure the distance from that point."

Old 02-05-2017, 01:11 AM

The first issue newspaper in Ukrainian language will come out in the Crimea during the month.
tass.ru/obschestvo/3997032

Old 02-05-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadier View Post
Hello Maxim,

I am a frenchie asking myself questions to move to Crimea to start a new life. Especially in Yalta and Alushta. How is the life and the climate over there ?
The climate is good. Mountains protect the southern coast of Crimea from cold winds from the north. But you must understand that you will be doing there. Tourism is the main source of income.

The city of Sevastopol has an active forum. If you speak Russian, you can specify some issues there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe