Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2015, 03:29 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I've got a question! With Russian history, according to Russians today, where is does it start? Is the days when Kiev was the main trading city? Is it with the Scandinavian invasion of Russia?
Yes, somewhere there, that's where Russian history starts))))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 03:04 AM

827 posts, read 631,339 times
which countries russians likes?

Old 05-26-2015, 05:12 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
which countries russians likes?
Russians quite heterogeneous in their preferences.

I think, that highest sympathy is Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and likely Serbia. Lowest sympathy is USA (solely because of American foreign policy) at the moment. But I think that it is temporary. US and Russia are not ideologically confrontation. Geopolitical issues are quickly resolved.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:19 AM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post

I think, that highest sympathy is Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and likely Serbia. Lowest sympathy is USA (solely because of American foreign policy) at the moment. But I think that it is temporary. US and Russia are not ideologically confrontation. Geopolitical issues are quickly resolved.
I'm glad that Russia doesn't have any anti USA propaganda anymore

Old 05-26-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
I'm glad that Russia doesn't have any anti USA propaganda anymore
I think that it is too early to talk about improving relations. But I think that the improvement of relations will happen. Just Putin acted independently from the West, and West was dissatisfied. But it will pass. Putin and Western leaders will find reasons for dialogue.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:14 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,763 times
Quote:

Is there a perception of Mexico, Brazil and Latin America in general. If yes, what is it?

Old 05-26-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
Is there a perception of Mexico, Brazil and Latin America in general. If yes, what is it?
Mexico: cactus, tequila, sand, heat, Maya, Aztecs.
Brazil: Amazon jungle, piranha, favelas, football, Rio de Janeiro.
Latin America: beautiful girls, palm tree, ocean, mountains.
Brazil and Argentina are friends BRICS.

Latin America is far away. My friends had never been there, though they like to travel to other countries. I think that Russians have a very superficial understanding of Latin America.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:55 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,763 times
Quote:
Mexico: cactus, tequila, sand, heat, Maya, Aztecs.
Brazil: Amazon jungle, piranha, favelas, football, Rio de Janeiro.
Latin America: beautiful girls, palm tree, ocean, mountains.
Brazil and Argentina are friends BRICS.

Latin America is far away. My friends had never been there, though they like to travel to other countries. I think that Russians have a very superficial understanding of Latin America.
Thank you, that was your response was actually exactly what I was expecting. I've met countless Americans that have those exact views. More often than not, they're quite surprised of how different the Mexico of their fantasies is, against the real one.

Here in Mexico, we also have very basic ideas about Russia. Traveling from Moscow to Vladivostok via train is on my bucket list, and I cannot wait for it.

Spasiba, saludos

Old 05-27-2015, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Traveling from Moscow to Vladivostok via train is on my bucket list, and I cannot wait for it.
I not traveled to Vladivostok (if I am not mistaken, train travels approximately 7 days), but I went on train two days in Abkhazia. Pretty boring. Perhaps more interesting to make a few flights (Airline) and visit several cities along the route of the train.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:05 AM

94 posts, read 116,667 times
Default low hopes for Russia-parasha

Quote:
Traveling from Moscow to Vladivostok via train is on my bucket list, and I cannot wait for it.

Spasiba, saludos
Make sure you put it at the very end of your bucket list, because you might not be available to get to other bucket list items.

From someone who lived for 20 years in that awful country, once I left, I swore never go back there. Most of the Russians are intolerant and rude. As we saw the videos at the beginning of the thread, Russians solve disagreements with fists and arguments and rarely cooperation. Despite the rich history, literature and music, Russians are still peasants at heart. Cheating is respected and is considered the way of life. Not sure they'll ever be able to join civilized nations as they are millions years away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe