Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2017, 01:30 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Enjoy yourself Max. I'll go there in a few years.
Choose the South coast! By the way, I saw operators from the United States, who shot a story about the Crimea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
That's going on there - fallout...

https://youtu.be/N13Rp4UovsA

Old 06-25-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Are you on vacation there Maxim?
Tell us what's up there, what's going on in Crimea - prices, general atmosphere and so on)))
All is well. Everything works, roads are being built, buildings are being repaired, the bridge is growing.

Yesterday sea was closed (ships did not go) - Putin came to Artek for opening of a new season.
Our driver of the transfer in first day turned out to be an interesting old man, he was a former military man and fought in Donetsk for the first year. He singled out 2 reasons why Putin did not join Donetsk - the lack of legitimate power and the lack of desire to unite, everyone wants to be their own little king. I think that there is one more reason - too low a number of people wishing to join. In Crimea more than 80% of the population really wanted to return to Russia. In Donetsk everything is more complicated. The Ukrainian nation has 2 components (in any case, they so identify themselves at present) - Russian-speaking Ukrainians and Ukrainian-speaking Ukrainians. And Russian-speaking Ukrainians are not Russians (in their self-identification). And probably they did not want to join Russia.

In Crimea are not so many resting people as long as 5 years ago. Of course, empty beaches are nonsense, the people are present. I think after the construction of the bridge everything will change for the worse - number of vacationers will exceed an adequate number.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
...and locals hoteliers change russian occupation colors (white-blue-red) to Ukrainian national (yellow-blue)
You are crazy. ))))

ps: about price: price as in Moscow +25%. I think it is good for resort place.
But local honestly say that in winter there is very little work, when tourists leave.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Right, yet meanwhile those in Eastern Ukraine are envious of Crimeans)))

Many In Eastern Ukraine Want To Join Russia : NPR
A lot of Ukrainians continue to rest in the Crimea. I see a lot of cars with Ukrainian numbers (and it is not the Ukrainian region of the Crimea).

ps: Ukrainian cars numbers contain information about the region registration, as well as Russian cars numbers.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:20 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
All is well. Everything works, roads are being built, buildings are being repaired, the bridge is growing.

Yesterday sea was closed (ships did not go) - Putin came to Artek for opening of a new season.
Our driver of the transfer in first day turned out to be an interesting old man, he was a former military man and fought in Donetsk for the first year. He singled out 2 reasons why Putin did not join Donetsk - the lack of legitimate power and the lack of desire to unite, everyone wants to be their own little king. I think that there is one more reason - too low a number of people wishing to join. In Crimea more than 80% of the population really wanted to return to Russia. In Donetsk everything is more complicated. The Ukrainian nation has 2 components (in any case, they so identify themselves at present) - Russian-speaking Ukrainians and Ukrainian-speaking Ukrainians. And Russian-speaking Ukrainians are not Russians (in their self-identification). And probably they did not want to join Russia.

In Crimea are not so many resting people as long as 5 years ago. Of course, empty beaches are nonsense, the people are present. I think after the construction of the bridge everything will change for the worse - number of vacationers will exceed an adequate number.
That is what I'm afraid of Max, when the bridge is finished people will flock there and it will get too busy. I was looking further east on the Taman penninsula and there are good spots there also that are not so crowded.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:15 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,920,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
That is what I'm afraid of Max, when the bridge is finished people will flock there and it will get too busy. I was looking further east on the Taman penninsula and there are good spots there also that are not so crowded.
Would you say that Russia doesn't have a long enough coast line for domestic tourism? And what about Dagestan? Does the Caspian coast see a lot of tourists, if not do you think it will become more popular once the terrorist threat dies down? Also since Russia and Kazakhstan are part of the Eurasian Union, which means free movement of people between the countries, do Russian tourists go to Kazakhstan's Caspian coast such as Aktau?

Old 06-26-2017, 09:41 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,318,769 times
I miss Peter's white nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEooD5xiLMo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM7E7g8pZCA

Old 06-28-2017, 05:05 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Would you say that Russia doesn't have a long enough coast line for domestic tourism? And what about Dagestan? Does the Caspian coast see a lot of tourists, if not do you think it will become more popular once the terrorist threat dies down? Also since Russia and Kazakhstan are part of the Eurasian Union, which means free movement of people between the countries, do Russian tourists go to Kazakhstan's Caspian coast such as Aktau?
I never had any time to get to the Caspian in my travels. On google earth there's some places but they're not developed and still wild which is not a bad thing at all. We need a lot of what Russia still has undeveloped and wild. I definitely want to tour the Blacksea coast in Turkey too.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:35 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Stephen Colbert was joking about them ( those White nights) while on his trip to St. Pet.
He basically said "I spent only one day in your city which felt like 48 hours already.." How do you know when to go to sleep - sorta)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe