Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2017, 11:23 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I'm also struggling to understand how that's a shame to Russia. Chechen rebels needed to be put down or the whole country might have erupted into civil war. There is no way however that the US was supporting the Chechen cause. Don't pin that on us...We only got involved enough to say that murdering civilians was a bad thing.

Heh...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20.../08/usa.russia

U.S. Supported Chechen Terrorists

CIA Financing of Chechen and Other Caucasus Regional Terrorists | Veterans Today

U.S. Role in Chechnya - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 11:51 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Thanks for the link Ruth, but it's sign of times I'd say.

At least sign the petition! The bears need you to sign!

Old 09-12-2017, 12:21 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Russia has been destabilizing Ukraine since 2004.
I'm too lazy to argue today. Just say that you are wrong.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
shame to russia!
Shame? I think it's a very patriotic song. Alec, you must to understand that Russia has always fought. This is part of the national culture. This song about a fact that Russian army fought in a difficult historical period in Chechnya. It's true. And Putin stopped it. About this time:

https://youtu.be/cS6SiGunWuE

This is not a shame, Chechnya is an important part of Russian Federation at present.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
P.S. Yiri Shevchuk is a very gifted musician - he is the ultimate voice of those times, and of that generation that took the brunt of the nineties. (Well he and probably Victor Tzoi.)
Oh, no. I think that Tzoi died too early, he did not manage to reach creative maturity.

I think that for the 90's it's more correct to call Trofimov ("Trofim"):

https://youtu.be/n95uhiazJLc

Kinchev ("Alisa") for slanting in Orthodox rock:

https://youtu.be/mCk6ax7cjMg

Yuri Klinskikh ("Sector Gaza") for the countryside:

https://youtu.be/n3cCopXDNs4

Letov (but this is punk-surrealism):

https://youtu.be/r0vE1L6x3-I

Maybe someone else, I should think.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:04 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Yeah Tsoi is definitely more 80s than 90s. It might seem like 90's music to a Russian though since a lot of their 90's music was inspired by late 80s music in the west. To me he was in his own league.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:23 PM

651 posts, read 415,931 times
Default Songs of Tsoi

Quote:
Yeah Tsoi is definitely more 80s than 90s. It might seem like 90's music to a Russian though since a lot of their 90's music was inspired by late 80s music in the west. To me he was in his own league.
I agree. We can't consider Tsoi was one of Russian rock's musicians. I think his songs are between rock and pop style. They haven't as sharp sound as rock songs have. Although we can find in his lyrics more serious sense than in pop songs. But lexis of song's text is simple enough. It's sensitive and frank but not very philosophic or tedious. This is what teenagers want and Tsoi was their idol.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:56 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
I'm also struggling to understand how that's a shame to Russia. Chechen rebels needed to be put down or the whole country might have erupted into civil war. There is no way however that the US was supporting the Chechen cause. Don't pin that on us...We only got involved enough to say that murdering civilians was a bad thing.
You're way out of your league. The US and Britain have the blood of Beslans children on their hands. A lot of the supporters of those terrorists fled to Britain and America with their ill gotten gains and distributed money to various groups. EDucate yourself. Or step out of this conversation.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:58 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Providing a bunch of links doesn't mean much, especially when all the responses are so generic. I don't like certain groups therefore they were funded by the CIA.
I don't like Trump, therefore Russia put him in power. See how the reverse logic works.

I e read a bunch of sources on various conflicts where the CIA is brought up, yet interestingly enough they all involve such cliche, generic responses. Why is it that none of them are able to go into depth when discussing issues? Who are these people? Don't use grocery lists like "bankers, lobbyists, globalists, zionists..."

Old 09-12-2017, 08:12 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Providing a bunch of links doesn't mean much, especially when all the responses are so generic. I don't like certain groups therefore they were funded by the CIA.
I don't like Trump, therefore Russia put him in power. See how the reverse logic works.
No. I have no idea what you are talking about. It's a well-known fact that the US gov. was using radical Islam in order to undermine Russian interests.

Quote:
I e read a bunch of sources on various conflicts where the CIA is brought up, yet interestingly enough they all involve such cliche, generic responses. Why is it that none of them are able to go into depth when discussing issues? Who are these people? Don't use grocery lists like "bankers, lobbyists, globalists, zionists..."
Who are these people? You want me to name them (home addresses including) or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe