Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2017, 03:31 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
If you'd understand the lyrics, you'd like it twice as much.
They are weird in a clever and funny way, I was going like listening to it, so I couldn't even appreciate the music.
I have NO IDEA where Maxim is finding all this stuff.
He must have his own special secret places)))

Mikhail Elizarov is an excellent poet and, probably, an excellent writer (I did not read). But his comparison with Vladimir Sorokin in the wiki means highest level of language proficiency and shocking (in fact, his verses confirm this). His "Soviet songs" are adorable.

https://youtu.be/TdSpZF36OHg

https://youtu.be/f5GbB9OaAlc

second song:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/49600187-post758.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 03:34 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Krasnoyarsk is definitely growing due to central asians migrating there. Its on my list of must see places. Chekhov put it on his list so its on mine too.

Voronezh no idea but it is in a region with many rural/farming towns so it could be good old fashioned rural migration.
Well looking at Google street view (from 2016), Krasnoyarsk doesn't look particularly amazing, but it's nice I suppose.

https://www.google.com/maps/@56.0108...7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@56.0115...7i13312!8i6656

But the fast growth of the city is very evident with tons of apartments mushrooming up
https://www.google.com/maps/@55.9910...7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@55.9972...7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@56.0384...7i13312!8i6656

Seems like Rosneft has a major office building there too
https://www.google.com/maps/@56.0438...7i13312!8i6656

There are even some nice single family homes , sadly the roads are still not paved
https://www.google.com/maps/@56.0376...7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@56.0388...7i13312!8i6656

I think Voronezh is a better looking city though
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6613...7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6610...7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6668...7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6656...7i13312!8i6656

Old 09-24-2017, 06:58 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Hyi helvetti mitä paskaa. That's Finnish for "what is this sh*t".
Black and doom metal are very niche indeed.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:39 PM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
russians create first driverless bus

Road construction RUSSIA vs. USA
https://twitter.com/Sandy_mustache/s...15629677912064

Old 09-25-2017, 05:06 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
This is not about Ukraine, but do you think Russia is a democratic country? I mean according to my theory, Turkey is not democratic enough because the population is not educated enough. However Russian population is I think more educated than Turkey. But Russia doesn't seem democratic like other countries with similar education levels. Why?

Quote:
Yes Scrat but many European countries have affordable healthcare, free universities too. Not just Russia. I agree that these are very expensive in US. However Europe is able to provide these services and be democratic too.Your message just got lost. Did you erase it?
I think just what democracy "is" varies according to the perceptions of people. Here in America some people consider our government a democracy. I personally think "democracy" is just a word. There's no such thing here in America. I live in an oligarchy based on capitalism. We the people do not run this country. Period. Americans, in my lifetime have become little better than indentured servants mired by debt and and other crap that are debilitating to the average persons quality of life. Americans are also too ignorant to to realize it. America is also corrupt on a level that is staggering. From dog catchers to the president himself and all in between all across the board. I could tell you stories but I don't have the time.

I have never lived in a European country so I really don't know if it is any different there but it seems to be.

Russia is a different story in ways. Corruption aside, its undeniable. I have seen Russia many times over many years and have seen them down on their knees in the dirt, poor as paupers and I have seen them what they are today. They're also smart enough to perceive "democracy" for what it is. They're educated enough to know how things work and see little difference between their system and any other, rightly so. Democracy is a pretty, shiny bauble you have to sell, people have to be dumb enough to buy it so you can get them to behave. Your average Russian has an over abundance of commonsense and street smarts.

I think the Russian way works well, who cares if the don't have elections with more than one party. Here in America we get the parties of dumb and dumber. FFS we can't even get universal healthcare when we spend trillions fighting wars we never win. The Russian government is more prudent, maybe they remember the incident back in 1918. The Russian Federation is making ties and connections all across the world and the situation is only getting better. My country is not. Hell, we're just trying to start WWIII.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:40 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I think just what democracy "is" varies according to the perceptions of people. Here in America some people consider our government a democracy. I personally think "democracy" is just a word. There's no such thing here in America. I live in an oligarchy based on capitalism. We the people do not run this country. Period. Americans, in my lifetime have become little better than indentured servants mired by debt and and other crap that are debilitating to the average persons quality of life. Americans are also too ignorant to to realize it. America is also corrupt on a level that is staggering. From dog catchers to the president himself and all in between all across the board. I could tell you stories but I don't have the time.

I have never lived in a European country so I really don't know if it is any different there but it seems to be.

Russia is a different story in ways. Corruption aside, its undeniable. I have seen Russia many times over many years and have seen them down on their knees in the dirt, poor as paupers and I have seen them what they are today. They're also smart enough to perceive "democracy" for what it is. They're educated enough to know how things work and see little difference between their system and any other, rightly so. Democracy is a pretty, shiny bauble you have to sell, people have to be dumb enough to buy it so you can get them to behave. Your average Russian has an over abundance of commonsense and street smarts.

I think the Russian way works well, who cares if the don't have elections with more than one party. Here in America we get the parties of dumb and dumber. FFS we can't even get universal healthcare when we spend trillions fighting wars we never win. The Russian government is more prudent, maybe they remember the incident back in 1918. The Russian Federation is making ties and connections all across the world and the situation is only getting better. My country is not. Hell, we're just trying to start WWIII.
Never lived in Russia have you? On what measure is Russia getting better? Demographically? Nope. Economic development? Nope. World standing? Did you see the UN report on Crimea today? Getting a general killed in Syria? You think the average Muscovite is happy with $800 a month salary while politically connected elite drive around in super cars making tens of thousands a month for having "connections"? Do you personally know anybody who lives in Moscow or St. Petersburg?

Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:

While some of the problems faced by the US are worth considering, I fail to see how Russia offers a better standard of living.
By most measurable metrics, Russia performs poorly with regards to the West.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Never lived in Russia have you? On what measure is Russia getting better? Demographically?
Yes.

Quote:
Economic development?
Yes.

Quote:
World standing?
Yes.

Quote:
Did you see the UN report on Crimea today?
No. it's not interesting.

Quote:
Getting a general killed in Syria?
Russia defends the secular legitimate government. Russia does not want total chaos in the Middle East. And Russia bears losses. You can say "thank Russia" for this, but it's unlikely you are able to understand this.

Quote:
You think the average Muscovite is happy with $800 a month salary while politically connected elite drive around in super cars making tens of thousands a month for having "connections"?
You should ask this person: why does he/she have salary only $800 a month in Moscow? Maybe this person is a lazy a*s?

Quote:
Do you personally know anybody who lives in Moscow or St. Petersburg?
I live in the Moscow region last 7 years. What are you interested in?

Old 09-26-2017, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
While some of the problems faced by the US are worth considering, I fail to see how Russia offers a better standard of living.
Russians had 3 countries and one global meat grinder in the last 100 years. Give time.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:37 AM

400 posts, read 292,677 times
Quote:

I don't like democracy when the population is uneducated. Like in the most middle eastern countries and Turkey. Uneducated people really have no idea about what's going on in the world and are very easy to be manipulated by charismatic leaders.However Russian people are educated. Maybe in a few decades they will become more democratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe