Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 06:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,338,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In Russia, if you happen to disagree with Putin ( and his ilk) for a number of reasons ( Donbass for example) - you are not represented on gov. level at all. No who no how.
And that my friend, is a difference between the one-party system ( as in Russia) and multi-party systems after all.
And the people like Bernie Sanders are treated how? Yes, he was a candidate but with a 2 party system just what chance do you think he had to be president? And if he did win what would he accomplish in office?

I read that article about the Ukrainian Oligarchs. You know what a president in the west is? Somebody the people can hang while the real problems run away to safety. Politicians don't run our country, oligarchs do. Who got us involved in WWI? Dupont. Woodrow Wilson owed the lobbyists and the company as did a lot of the congress and senate. It's the same now.

Our elections are a show. The president is a figurehead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 06:55 PM

26,750 posts, read 22,239,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Ok so they were lower middle class on Western European standards.
Ariete, I don't know how "lower middle class" lives in Western Europe; what do they have or have not...
I just know more or less how well-to-do Soviets lfived back in the seventies, ( since I had them in the family and among friends/classmates.)

I can tell you (after what I saw in the US at least) I WANT THOSE APARTMENTS, (like the ones I am talking about in Moscow) and I want my dacha back))))

Old 10-20-2017, 07:03 PM

26,750 posts, read 22,239,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
And the people like Bernie Sanders are treated how? Yes, he was a candidate but with a 2 party system just what chance do you think he had to be president? And if he did win what would he accomplish in office?
I don't see him becoming a president for a reason, that him becoming a president would mean the end of the US as we know it. I mean it puts the cross on the idea that America with all its monetary power might take over the world completely one day.
Even though his presidency would have made the lives of many people in the US much better.

Quote:
I read that article about the Ukrainian Oligarchs. You know what a president in the west is? Somebody the people can hang while the real problems run away to safety. Politicians don't run our country, oligarchs do.
Well the Wall Street, yes.

Quote:
Who got us involved in WWI? Dupont. Woodrow Wilson owed the lobbyists and the company as did a lot of the congress and senate. It's the same now.

Our elections are a show. The president is a figurehead.
Yet at the same time you can't deny that the country under Obama and the country under Trump is not one and the same thing.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:19 AM

24,205 posts, read 24,646,382 times
XS Project vs Boris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7B4ACeXBHU

Old 10-21-2017, 03:16 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,150,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I have a disc of the unedited screening version of The Road. To put it mildly it's disturbing. I could barely watch it myself. It makes the Walking Dead seem like a walk through a Disney theme park. I read the book and the movie follows the book closely and the visual aspect in front of you will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
Probably I was watching a short version, but I think that the movie does not convey horror and despair of the book. Hell in the book is harsh and ruthless, hell in the movie is much softer. And the question "Why survive in hell?" in the book is more understandable.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It probably is ( and more exceedingly so lately,) if not for one thing.
You can't imagine Maxim, how wonderful it is to tune into the FB page of someone like Bernie Sanders - you know, that old guy from Vermont, the Senator, who broadcasts straight from the government what obnoxious decisions the members of the government are making against the interests of their own general population and how. And whom it's going to benefit directly instead. He talks in plain and simple terms, and that makes a lot of Americans feel that at least they are represented FOR REAL in their government.
In Russia, if you happen to disagree with Putin ( and his ilk) for a number of reasons ( Donbass for example) - you are not represented on gov. level at all. No who no how.
And that my friend, is a difference between the one-party system ( as in Russia) and multi-party systems after all.
Perhaps the power in the US is old and not afraid to show nobility. The power in Russia is young and is afraid of everything.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Btw why does Zyuganov keep running? He keeps loosing, shouldn't the Communist party try to have somebody else try and run? Is Zyuganov going to run again?
I hope that Zyuganov will retire.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
XS Project vs Boris.
Not surprise. In Russia, hardbas pass at school and pass an exam.

https://youtu.be/caxnWlAJqGI

Guy in black got highest score.
btw, estimate the carpet on the floor!

Old 10-21-2017, 04:46 PM

In continuation of our conversation about an opposition. Posner about Putin. From 49:18.

https://youtu.be/wg-TMymYSwE?t=49m18s
Posner is an intelligent man.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:01 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,338,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Probably I was watching a short version, but I think that the movie does not convey horror and despair of the book. Hell in the book is harsh and ruthless, hell in the movie is much softer. And the question "Why survive in hell?" in the book is more understandable.
I've seen a lot in my time. I've seen starving children in Africa. I've been propositioned by child prostitutes that had to be just beginning puberty. I've seen other things I don't talk about. The book I read had a way of diluting the effect for me. The movie visualized that hell amd it threw it right in your face.

Russians nor Americans should think they have it hard. That's hard, that's having 9 toes over the line of death. It also shows what humans can do. Through all that sadness and adversity and horror the father has one thing to do, its the only reason he goes on in that hell. Any young male who wonders why he's on earth should watch that movie and realize that even in a world of horror there is hope and purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe