Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 09:43 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yea, as if the NY Times is some reliable media outlet.
The NY Times is, without question, the most respected English-language newspaper on the planet. One could not find a more reliable source, anywhere.

Of course, in Putin-land, only Kremlin propaganda is "reliable"; everything else, especially independent Western media, is part of the "evil imperialist conspiracy" against Russia. Putin hates the global free press because he cannot control it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 10:10 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
The NY Times is, without question, the most respected English-language newspaper on the planet. One could not find a more reliable source, anywhere.

Of course, in Putin-land, only Kremlin propaganda is "reliable"; everything else, especially independent Western media, is part of the "evil imperialist conspiracy" against Russia. Putin hates the global free press because he cannot control it.
DO you not even pay attention to the news? Like ever? The NY Times has frequently been caught lying and spinning their stories, The most recent on involving Trump's former GF interview. The NY Times has lied about so many things, even left wing media like Politico and the Daily Kos calls out the NY Times on it.

You can simply Google and discover numerous stories the NY Times has lied about.

The NY Times is nothing close to the most respected newspaper, they are more like RT than anything else.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
DO you not even pay attention to the news? Like ever?
No, I don't pay attention to Kremlin propaganda. The free press, in the rest of the world, obviously, yes.

You personally are free to ignore the most respected news sources on the planet, and accept Putin's propaganda. But the rest of the world will continue to ridicule Russian leadership until the country throws out the idiots and rejoins the global community.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:14 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
No, I don't pay attention to Kremlin propaganda. The free press, in the rest of the world, obviously, yes.

You personally are free to ignore the most respected news sources on the planet, and accept Putin's propaganda. But the rest of the world will continue to ridicule Russian leadership until the country throws out the idiots and rejoins the global community.
Putin is an " idiot?"
No, far away from it.
And that's why "the rest of the world" ( i.e. the US and those orchestrated by the US gov.) don't like him.
"The idiot" - that was Yeltsin, very much loved by American gov.
And we already know on what conditions it wanted Russia to join "the global community."
So thanks but no thanks.
That's why Russians will keep Putin for now.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Putin is an " idiot?"
No, far away from it.
And that's why "the rest of the world" ( i.e. the US and those orchestrated by the US gov.) don't like him.
"The idiot" - that was Yeltsin, very much loved by American gov.
And we already know on what conditions it wanted Russia to join "the global community."
So thanks but no thanks.
That's why Russians will keep Putin for now.
That's perfectly fine; the rest of the world will continue to treat Russia as a pariah, until Putin is gone.

Once he's gone, Russia can reenter the global community.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:

What is this Kremlin propaganda you keep talking about? I have provided you with the fact the NY Times has been caught lying and spinning stories, yet you are just obtuse to this fact.

I do not read news out of Russia, I have no idea why you keep harping about this. I read BBC, NBC, Fox, CNN, Wall Street Journal, IBC, and a variety of stories that come out via Yahoo news and Google. Upon further investigating of a story, I will read even more. I consult Russian news only for specific issues, like flooding in an area or general domestic news.

So I guess if you think the big US and Western media outlets are Kremlin propaganda, so be it, as if I care.

But no wonder you have such an awkward view of the world, you actually think the NY Times is a legitimate news source.

Also, Russia is part of the global community, it is only in your head that it is not. Those "idiots" in charge in Russia have created a large increase in the quality of life from the 1990's when Yelstin basically almost destroyed Russia. Yet people like you cannot wrap it around your head that Russians enjoy the increase in the quality of life that has come under Putin.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
That's perfectly fine; the rest of the world will continue to treat Russia as a pariah, until Putin is gone.

Once he's gone, Russia can reenter the global community.
Russia is not treated as a pariah, only in your mind it is. Russia is very much part of the global community. Russia participates in numerous things, has a large amount of trade, and travel to/from Russia. You act like Russia is on the level of North Korea or something.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Russia is not treated as a pariah, only in your mind it is.
Yes, it is "only in my mind".

There are no worldwide sanctions against Russia, Russia isn't a worldwide joke, no one in Eastern Europe is trying to join NATO and the EU, Ukraine didn't just win Eurovision, Russia didn't cheat the Winter Olympics, Russia never occupied Crimea, Russia never bombed Syria.

It's all made up, and Obama's fault, and blame the Jews.

Any other "insight" from the Kremlin?

Old 05-17-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is "only in my mind".

There are no worldwide sanctions against Russia, Russia isn't a worldwide joke, no one in Eastern Europe is trying to join NATO and the EU, Ukraine didn't just win Eurovision, Russia didn't cheat the Winter Olympics, Russia never occupied Crimea, Russia never bombed Syria.

It's all made up, and Obama's fault, and blame the Jews.

Any other "insight" from the Kremlin?
WTF are you even talking about? Who ever stated Russia is not bombing Syria? Russia even gives daily updates on its bombings in Russian news, complete with video from the planes and tours of the bases.

Who said no one is trying to join NATO and the EU? And who said everyone is trying to? Finland and Sweden are not trying to Join NATO, and Norway is not trying to join the EU, and the UK is soon to vote on exiting the EU.

Who said Ukraine did not win Eurovision?

Proof Russia cheated in the Winter Olympics? I have seen no proof nor has the IOC stated that Russia has done so.

Who said Russia never occupied Crimea? It is part of Russia now, so of course they occupy it.

Are these silly things in your post what your media sources are telling you?

Old 05-17-2016, 01:31 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
I came across this Youtube channel and am wondering if it's officially produced by the Russian govt to help boost their image?

https://www.youtube.com/user/RBTHvideo/featured

They are well done, often it's an interview with an American living in Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZO2ld4Gr9s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe