Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 10:54 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,472,111 times

Advertisements

Russia’s $55bn pipeline gamble on China’s demand for gas

They're starting to have mass unemployment in coal industry as the government is forcing a shift to natural gas in anticipation of lower coal production.

Pretty funny article in the New York Times. There are so many stupid statements in it.

Is Putin a C.I.A. agent?

Last edited by lchoro; 04-04-2018 at 11:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 11:51 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,779,217 times
Let's hope China switches off the coal plants and uses Siberian gas. Its good for everyone if that happens.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:57 AM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
No amount of statistics and propaganda are going to change what people know as reality. I remember years ago meeting a family on the train from St Pete to Moscow. They were moving back to Russia with their kids from America. We are losing one of our best field mechanics later this month because he and his wife are moving their family back to Perm while their children are still young. He and his father are starting their own business there. Opportunity abounds in Russia if you're smart enough to see it. He grew up here and so did his wife and because this society is so screwed up they don't want their children to grow up here.

All your crap isn't going to hide the pathetic fact that the Baltics states solved their employment issues not by getting people jobs but by getting people out of the country because there were not any freaking jobs. Ask Christine LeGarde about that success story. Ask all the Ukrainians and other Eastern Europeans FLEEING poverty in your version of paradise I meet all the time.
It would be great if the Russians in Ukraine also followed this idea

Old 04-04-2018, 12:43 PM

3,238 posts, read 2,364,925 times
Out of topic, at least a bit. Typically to contemporary people here I watch very seldom Russian TV shows or other stuff like that. Thus it is no wonder that I did not even know so far that something really funny as the show "Gorodok" has existed for years ago. However, for now I have watched them via youtube quite a lot.

This was very funny. They are making jokes at the expense of "comrade Stalin" and the fear of Russians themselves what did they feel in front of that comrade Stalin, well, and maybe a bit at the expense of Anglo-people as well. lol You can turn on the English translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sItN9__xyiY

This is from an other show. The radio is telling the right time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGCDL-DJnkI

Old 04-04-2018, 02:03 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,338,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
It would be great if the Russians in Ukraine also followed this idea
What would be left? A bunch of gopniki with swastikas. Drunk, toothless and with Javelin missiles on their shoulders. I know a Ukrainian family that left western Ukraine because of those types too. They were from Lvov. PLenty of the Ukrainian diaspora are in Russia. We all know how the demographic situation in ukraine is turning out. It's been bad for years.

Ukraine's Real Crisis: A Demographics and Health Time Bomb | The National Interest

What's Ukraine going to do when it has no people to work? When the only thing left to hire is a bunch of troglodyte fascists goose stepping down the street with torches in their hands?

Old 04-04-2018, 02:29 PM
DKM

Yes, Ukraine is like Baltics, Ethnic Russians leaving and dying out so of course the population will shrink until they leave. Sounds like a good idea.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:34 PM

To you. As I stated before the nation of Ukraine is a flawed concept.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:57 PM
DKM

It's not going anywhere. Controlling some outdated factories and coal mines in 3% of the country isn't going to do much other than keep sanctions on Russia.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:19 PM

Well one thing is right in your post. Ukraine isn't going anywhere fast

Old 04-04-2018, 08:59 PM

5,676 posts, read 4,833,075 times
What DKM is taking about the demographic situation in Latvia is true.

However the Russian population isn't decreasing because they are dying, but because they are leaving back to Russia which I personally have no issue with. The sooner the Russians leave the Baltic states the sooner these countries can stop fearmongering about Russian invasion of little green men. Also if these Russians want to continue living in the Baltics they can move to Kaliningrad. I'm against forced migrations, but I think that it's in the best interest of all nations including Russia if most Russians from ex soviet states move to Russia. As far as language goes, I don't think that these countries have to teach Russian, even if there is a large minority of Russians. The largest ethnic group in the US is German, yet we don't teach germen in most schools in the US. Also if the ethnic Russians want to learn Russian they can set up their own clubs outside of school that teach Russian. Here in the US there are a lot of Russian "schools" that are usually set up by Russian churches.

I think why this is such a hot issue for Russian leaders is because they don't want the Russian language loose it's lingua franca status in the ex soviet countries, but this happened with French and this will happen to Russian too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe