Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 11:52 AM

26,772 posts, read 22,518,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMERUS View Post
Вы демагог и провокатор. Закон №473-ФЗ вы не читали, не читали и связанные с ним законы. В Дальнем Востоке и Сибири вы небыли и там не жили. О промышленной заготовке леса вы ничего не знаете. Про Китай вы врете. Я жил в Дальнем Востоке 2 года ( город Дальнереченск). У меня сестра и брат в городе Уссурийске живут. У меня друзья живут в городах Уссурийск, Владивосток, Артем, Терней, Лесозаводск, Камень-Рыболов, Сибирцево и Дальнегорск. Я сам в лесу работал. Вы показываете лживые видео и сами врете.

You are a demagogue and a provocateur. Law No. 473-FZ you have not read, not read and related laws. In the far East and Siberia you were not there and did not live. You know nothing about industrial logging. About China, you're lying. I lived in the far East for 2 years (Dalnerechensk city). My sister and brother live in Ussuriysk. My friends live in the cities of Ussuriysk, Vladivostok, Artem, Terney, Lesozavodsk, Kamen-Rybolov, Sibirtsevo and Dalnegorsk. I worked in the woods myself. You show false videos and you lie.
See, judging by your poor Russian, I can't believe in your judgement.
I don't think what you are writing here are straightforward lies, but rather poor understanding of situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 12:38 PM

403 posts, read 221,026 times
Quote:
Вы демагог и провокатор. Закон №473-ФЗ вы не читали, не читали и связанные с ним законы. В Дальнем Востоке и Сибири вы небыли и там не жили. О промышленной заготовке леса вы ничего не знаете. Про Китай вы врете. Я жил в Дальнем Востоке 2 года ( город Дальнереченск). У меня сестра и брат в городе Уссурийске живут. У меня друзья живут в городах Уссурийск, Владивосток, Артем, Терней, Лесозаводск, Камень-Рыболов, Сибирцево и Дальнегорск. Я сам в лесу работал. Вы показываете лживые видео и сами врете.

You are a demagogue and a provocateur. Law No. 473-FZ you have not read, not read and related laws. In the far East and Siberia you were not there and did not live. You know nothing about industrial logging. About China, you're lying. I lived in the far East for 2 years (Dalnerechensk city). My sister and brother live in Ussuriysk. My friends live in the cities of Ussuriysk, Vladivostok, Artem, Terney, Lesozavodsk, Kamen-Rybolov, Sibirtsevo and Dalnegorsk. I worked in the woods myself. You show false videos and you lie.
I don't think so.
I have been reading about Far East ( actually Dalnegorsk area) "illegal and pervasive logging" since at least 2010.
There is a Lacey Act law in US that forbids buying illegal products, especially if they destroy wild life - Amur tigers in our example.
There is a very popular US company that was dealing in that lumber - Lumber Liquidators that was buying lumber from China. That lumber came from Russia's Far East.

"In 2010, the forest agencies of Primorsky and Khabarovsky Provinces
authorized the logging of 452,213 m3 of Mongolian oak, the region’s most
valuable hardwood. From these two provinces 340,780 m3 of oak products
(logs, boards, glued panels and veneer) were exported in 2010, mostly
to China. But calculating the “roundwood equivalent” of these exported
products shows that at least 905,702 m3 of oak timber would have to be
logged to produce them, or 200 % the permitted volume. At least half
the exported oak was stolen.
And customs data suggests that 2010
was not the worst year for illegal logging of oak. In 2007 and 2008, more
than 1,700,000 m3 of oak were logged for export according to calculation of
roundwood equivalent. Assuming authorized logging levels similar to those
of 2010, illegal logging of oak in those years could reach 400 %."

From WWF (World Wild Life Fund) reports ^^^
The fact that you lived there does not mean that "illegal pervasive logging" (or read raping of that land) did not and does not take place.
https://www.worldwildlife.org/public...ga-destruction
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...gging-siberia/

Old 05-24-2018, 01:50 PM

80 posts, read 36,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
I read somewhere that Russia's problem is not that it cannot feed it's poor people. The problem is that Russian oligarchs just cannot have enough.
Sadly, but it's true.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:52 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,226,536 times
Quote:
Я жил в Дальнем Востоке
H-m-m...

Old 05-24-2018, 02:09 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,226,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
When she is saying "laws are complicated....my foot" that means it's a lie for an excuse of what oligarchic system is doing in Russia, while robbing its population dry.

No. But I'm against juggling data. Your video about the law smells of propaganda for 10 miles.

Quote:
The "dynamically-developing China" will rob Russia dry of its riches in the Far East as well, since its capitalism is ruthless and predatory.

Russia should stop blaming a Chinese and strengthen customs control. This will be the position of a strong state.

Quote:
(A lot of Russians do not see the reality and price of the "Chinese success," and you might be one of them Maxim, unfortunately so. Even if the Chinese managed to grab the US by the ankle by now. (It's all the domino effect, as I've said before.)

I think the recipe is very simple. Industrialization at an expense of rural population. Stalin did the same. But he was very limited in time because of the war. Chinese have more resources and time. Of course, social programs and pensions suffer. But I think they can find a way out.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
H-m-m...
That's what I'd say)))

See, since we are on English-speaking forum, let me make a "лирическое отступление" on a subject here.
I was totally puzzled once, when my son, ( being a native of English language,) has been told in High School, that in order to attend college, he needed to sign up for some "English remedy classes" because his "Compass" test ( or whatever it was,) showed very low score for his writing skills.
Minding you, he was signing up for tech classes ( Electrical Engineering to be precise,) but that's not the point. The point is, his writing skills were definitely poor, since he lacked ( as many young Americans ) the basic understanding of English grammar. It's a common case of course, since the the way they teach grammar ( and the rest I'd say) in American secondary schools is total BS. I mean if I'd left my kid at the mercy of elementary school, he wouldn't even know how to READ, leave alone how to write. So I took my time to teach him how to read at least, but teaching him the rules of English grammar - it was already too much for me, since I lacked the suitable grammar text books for kids ( they don't have them here.)
So obviously by the end of his school days he was lagging behind in this department.
What surprised me though, is the whole concept of "we can fix it in couple of months" in some college class ( for money, of course.)
Try to do this with Russian language, this "fixing" in couple of months)))
I mean it looks like English ( as a language) is less indicative of person's level of education/intellect level than Russian language after all.
We all know that Russian language ( the level of mastering it) is the ultimate "business card" determining the intellectual level of the opponent.
Russian language ( or rather the poor command of it) can't be "fixed" in couple of month.
Because there is no way you can go through all these rules and variations in "couple of months." Not only THAT, but you can't nail them all down, unless YOU READ A LOT. I mean that's the only way to master Russian - when you constantly see it in written form, in order to nail the correct grammar/spelling. There is no way around it.
So when we see something like "небыло" or "в Дальнем Востоке" - what's the conclusion?

As for my son, his English was "remedied" somehow. (Or so they say, because his writing is still weird if you ask me. )
But what do I care, he is into technical field)))

Old 05-24-2018, 04:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,433,136 times
Is there any forest management system in these areas being hit so hard? There has to be, deforestation will cause problems far into the future. Fish stocks will die out due to their spawning beds being covered with silt from the hillsides denuded of trees. Fire hazards will grow, dams will silt up quicker because of the dirty run off too requiring their reservoirs to be dredged. WIldlife will suffer too from loss of habitat.

As you cut these forests down you need to replant them.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:31 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Is there any forest management system in these areas being hit so hard? There has to be, deforestation will cause problems far into the future. Fish stocks will die out due to their spawning beds being covered with silt from the hillsides denuded of trees. Fire hazards will grow, dams will silt up quicker because of the dirty run off too requiring their reservoirs to be dredged. WIldlife will suffer too from loss of habitat.

There's no forest management system. You can see that, simply by taking the train across Siberia, which you must have done, didn't you? Anyway, such fine points as protecting spawning habitat, etc. are lost on officials. Even in the US, or parts of it, this wasn't known, until the tribes in the Northwest made a huge stink about their fishing rights, and the effect of logging on the spawning rivers and creeks.

Clear-cutting like that will also change the weather and hydrologic regime over time, if it continues, and concentrates in some areas.

P.S. These are important points you raise, but in order to carry out proper forest management, money is needed. A proper economy is needed, not a 3rd-world one, almost wholly dependent on sale of natural resources.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
No. But I'm against juggling data. Your video about the law smells of propaganda for 10 miles.
What "juggling data" exactly?

Quote:
Russia should stop blaming a Chinese and strengthen customs control. This will be the position of a strong state.
It's not "Russia" that "blames the Chinese," it's the RUSSIANS, who see what's going on.
That's number one, and number two, what "customs control" are you talking about?
Do you understand that under this law discussed here, Russian lands are given to Chinese, and they can do whatever LEGALLY, as long as money are paid to Moscow?

Quote:
I think the recipe is very simple. Industrialization at an expense of rural population.
What "industrialization?"
The kind of "industrialization" Putin was hoping for, coming as the result of "merging of Western and Russian economies" didn't happen. His plan already failed through.

Quote:
Stalin did the same. But he was very limited in time because of the war.
No he did not.
The huge difference between Stalin and Putin, is that Stalin was NOT dependent on "Western capital for industrialization," and none of his people kept on stealing and shipping money to the Western banks/offshore accounts, sucking country dry.
Stalin was all about self-sufficiency of Russia, Putin is not. That's why, when he couldn't get what he wanted from the West, he turned to the East. ( China in this case.)
So here lies the BIG difference.

Quote:
Chinese have more resources and time.
More than who?

Quote:
Of course, social programs and pensions suffer. But I think they can find a way out.
And what "way out" this would be?

Last edited by erasure; 05-24-2018 at 06:34 PM..

Old 05-24-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

And who is going to "replant them"?
The Chinese?
Why do they care?
Their mentality is to squeeze as much money as they can, without spending much, and that's where this barbaric attitude is coming from.

( In the beginning of the video there is a footage from Soviet times, with Russian forest ranger planting the trees, accompanied by old Soviet song about "planting trees for future generations by the year 2000." The rest of video is self-explanatory I guess.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4doaTs8NVU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe