Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2018, 03:20 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post

OMG, what happened to Ukrainian propaganda department, that they suddenly changed their tune and acknowledged that Moscow ( and other old Russian cities) were indeed part of the Kievan Rus?

Before it was like "nope, Moscow is "unrelated Tatar city")))

But now they are confirming everything I was saying all along?

What gives?

So basically yes, modern Russia was born out of Kievan Rus, and under THE NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES Kiev SHOULD claim Moscow ( and the rest of Russia,) not the other way around. If not for one "but."
It was the Mongol invasion factor that changed the game; they backed the Kievan princes ( that part of dynasty) that happened to reside in Moscow principality at that time, and these princes in their turn subjugated the rest of the dynasty under them. And that's how modern Russia was born!)))

In this video Ukrainians finally discovered at least part of history, and many of them sound genuinely surprised)))

Now going back to her original question - who founded the old Russian city of Vladimir; why, it was Vladimir II Monomakh of course, grand prince of KIEVAN RUS, son of Vsevolod I (or should we say Vissivald in Old Norse?)

Those are the roots of modern Russia, not some "Mongols" as silly Ukrainians are trying to pretend lately.

Last edited by erasure; 12-22-2018 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 04:17 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
Pretty much what I've said in the past. The global war eventually encroached on its borders.

Quote:
One truth which is never mentioned by the AngloZionist propaganda is that Russia has retreated as far as she can and that there is a broad consensus in Russia among both the political elites and the people that Russia cannot retreat any further. God knows that even if all the “Putin caved in” propaganda is nonsense, it remains nonetheless true that the perception of the western elites is usually a strange mix of dismissing Russia while, at the same time, presenting Russia as the number one enemy on the planet. I don’t know whether the people making these statements really believe them or not, but the resulting policy is one of a total and never-ending hostility mixed in with a quasi-religious belief in the superiority and even invulnerability of the “collective West.” And this is precisely the kind of mindset which results in stupid and bloody wars! Let me repeat this again: Russia has already done all she can to avoid a war with the USA, and there is nothing else she can do; in contrast, every single US policy towards Russia is bringing us one step closer to an almost inevitable war.
A much needed “Likbez” about Russian Tu-160 bombers in Venezuela | The Vineyard of the Saker

Old 12-22-2018, 06:03 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Pretty much what I've said in the past. The global war eventually encroached on its borders.

A much needed “Likbez” about Russian Tu-160 bombers in Venezuela | The Vineyard of the Saker
An article that talks about AngloZionism can hardly be taken at face value, and that’s ignoring the fact that it’s borderline racist. As far as actual war, I highly doubt either country would engage the other in direct conflict. That’s what MAD assures, provided there is still a degree a sanity. What I do expect will happen is that the US and Russia will continue to play games using proxies like they did during the Cold War.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
An article that talks about AngloZionism can hardly be taken at face value, and that’s ignoring the fact that it’s borderline racist. As far as actual war, I highly doubt either country would engage the other in direct conflict. That’s what MAD assures, provided there is still a degree a sanity. What I do expect will happen is that the US and Russia will continue to play games using proxies like they did during the Cold War.
I tend to agree with you but if you look at what happened in the case of Iraq you'll see that sane minds don't always win in the end. Emotion, arrogance, MONEY and just plain ignorant aggression play a role too.

I can see Russia striking to defend itself. I can see Russia getting to a point that they see conflict as inevitable.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I tend to agree with you but if you look at what happened in the case of Iraq you'll see that sane minds don't always win in the end. Emotion, arrogance, MONEY and just plain ignorant aggression play a role too.

I can see Russia striking to defend itself. I can see Russia getting to a point that they see conflict as inevitable.
Generally, the Five Eyes English-speaking countries and Israel are lumped in together. It's the old British Empire. The portrayal of expansionary policies are similar to the use of religion to justify Manifest Destiny in the US. The current residents of desired lands as demonized to justify invading and taking the resources.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:18 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleJohn View Post
Is it true that in Russia there is a very big crime outside the Moscow Ring Road?
There is crime in Russia. From St Petersburg to Vladivostok. I found crime in Ismailova (east of the ring road, east of moscow) to be all but non existant. I walked the streets in all hours of the day and night and aside from the occasional drunk it was pretty peaceful.

My few experiences with crime happened in the inner city. Red Square and the Arbat. My wife was relieved of her wallet and cellphone on the Arbat by someone who was evidently a master pick pocket. The incident with me was in Red Square, the old lost/dropped wallet scam. I've seen Russians beat one another up but that's about all.

I like this story. Cheap way to travel.

https://www.rt.com/news/447241-russi...-heist-norway/

The guy isn't stupid, he got a cheap flight to the continent. I had an aquaintance who had a drinking problem and decided he want to go back to Latvia. He stole some beer at a gas station. Free flight home.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:48 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So basically yes, modern Russia was born out of Kievan Rus, and under THE NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES Kiev SHOULD claim Moscow ( and the rest of Russia,) not the other way around. If not for one "but."

Two "but"! In the 12th century, 100 years before the Mongol invasion, Kiev ceased to be the most powerful Russian city. Andrei Bogolyubsky seized Kiev, became the prince of all Russia ("vseya Rusi"), but took the main icon (the modern Vladimir Mother of God) and returned to Vladimir. After that, Kiev ceased to be main center of Russian lands.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post

But there is an indisputable fact. Venezuela is great for deploying medium-range nuclear missiles. US destroying a treaty banning it and (possibly) Russia preparing a base.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
But there is an indisputable fact. Venezuela is great for deploying medium-range nuclear missiles. US destroying a treaty banning it and (possibly) Russia preparing a base.
The US is training another Contras army for Venezuela in Florida. The presence of Russian air force makes it less likely that they'll try to set up a no-fly zone in support of the CIA paramilitary force. Venezuela is also being rescued from an IMF takeover by China.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleJohn View Post
Is it true that in Russia there is a very big crime outside the Moscow Ring Road?
Russia is big. I think Central Russia is safe. In any case, I last encountered problems 15 years ago. It was outskirts of the city of Ivanovo, I was walking along a bridge late evening, a drunken company was going to meet me and I lost my wallet. Peculiarity of Russian cities is an absence of obvious bad city districts (ghettos), you can move everywhere. But it is better not to meet drunk companies at night, because if you will search for adventures, then you will find adventures.

The times of the dashing 90s are long gone. Police are working well now. Thanks to Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe