Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 04:18 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I said most Britons are brown-haired not blonde/red-haired, the same applies to Germans and Dutch people. Hey I know plenty of famous Britons who have light hair, and also since I'm a rugby fan, I know many English players who are blonde-headed/red-headed. You and some other dreamers wanted to make Britain/Ireland as if it was some Mediterranean country, it is definitely not! Brits/Irish are way too pale for that. Yes you are a dark-haired Brit, with a relatively dark skin as you quote, well that doesn't make up for all the vast majority who are pale. I have English ancestry too, so do you think you're fooling?
WTF! Just because I say that the most common hair colouring on Britons is dark you start accusing me of trying to make out Britain is a 'Mediterranean' country!!!!! I'm sorry I can't see where I've EVER said anything remotely like that! Perhaps you could show me? Just because 'you think' you have English ancestry you claim to know more than me yet I AM English and I LIVE in England, I am in England right NOW, I think I might know how the people around me every hour of every day look. I say again - Britons come in EVERY shade of skin and hair and eye colour, there are far more dark haired Britons than blond haired or red haired, this does NOT make them any more OR any less British, red hair does NOT make you more indigenously British, you ARE not more British than me just because you are red haired and my hair is dark brown, my girls are British and they have black skin, their grandmother and grandfather on one side are white and have British ancestry for god knows how long do you really understand how ancestry works? It is perfectly possible to have black skin and far more British ancestry than somebody who is pure white you know, I feel like banging my head against a brick wall! :-)

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-12-2014 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 05-10-2014, 08:37 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
The current team

http://www.sportsworld.co.uk/sites/d...elsh_rugby.jpg

https://www.google.fr/search?q=welsh...w=1366&bih=624

and a British team, they are also all dark hair and it is very common...You need to come in UK!
http://newsroom.electrolux.com/uk/wp...ichester-1.jpg
Your point is irrelevant, since it has already been established that brown hair is the most common hair color among ethnic Brits and ethnic Germans! Those kids are not different from Germans, Dutch, Belgians. They are on average fair-skinned, brown-haired, no surprise. They all look northwestern European, the French are usually darker. Blondes are common and by no means rare. I don't need to go to the U.K., you need to get to your senses!

English hockey girls

http://www.greenhead.ac.uk/enrichmen...ockey_2013.jpg

German soccer team 1970's team, see there are many Germans with dark hair too, sorry to your Nazi-inspired dreams.

http://www.4dfoot.com/wp-content/upl...rmany74476.jpg

Old 05-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
WTF! Just because I say that the most common hair colouring on Britons is dark you start accusing me of trying to make out Britain is a 'Mediterranean' country!!!!! I'm sorry I can't see where I've EVER said anything remotely like that! Perhaps you could show me? Just because 'you think' you have English ancestry you claim to know more than me yet I AM English and I LIVE in England, I am in England right NOW, I think I might know how the people around me every hour of every day look. I say again - Britons come in EVERY shade of skin and hair and eye colour, there are far more dark haired Britons than blond haired or red haired, this does NOT make them any more OR any less British, red hair does NOT make you more indigenously British, you ARE not more British than me just because you are red haired and my hair is dark brown, my girls are British and they have black skin, their grandmother and grandfather on one side are white and have British ancestry for god knows how long do you really understand how ancestry works? It is perfectly possible to have black skin and far more British ancestry than somebody who is pure white you know, I feel like banging my head against a brick wall! :-)
Stop getting so emotional and think a little.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:00 PM

237 posts, read 673,313 times
Coon's Races of Europe has many valuable statistics meticulously amassed in a scientific way. The racial theories you can take or leave, but the real data such as height, head breadth, nasal form, skin and hair, etc, are real quantified observations that are still of value today.
Britain
Great Britian, General Survey
Germany
Germany

Old 05-10-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
If you can't, it's not my fault, you need eyeglasses. Ofcourse the kids are from UK, as a group they can't pass for being Germans!

And stop showing kids because the UK and German population don't consist of 5 year- old people lol!

Google is your friend if you want to know how Irish look like
https://www.google.fr/search?q=irish...w=1366&bih=667

and German
https://www.google.fr/search?q=irish...ctive&tbm=isch
I was just showing how common blonde hair is among the Irish as well, and not as rare as you were saying. That was clearly Garbage! Children usually portray blondism better than adults, since most people who are blonde darken as they age.
The commonest hair colour amongst Irish adults is mainly brown, but there are blondes, redheads.
These are Irish Gaelic hurling players.
http://www.breakingthrough.ie/wp-con...9/785778_m.jpg

http://www.breakingthrough.ie/wp-con.../07/754719.jpg

http://www.breakingthrough.ie/wp-con...rk-vs-Tipp.jpg

http://www.breakingthrough.ie/wp-con.../10/684980.jpg

http://www.breakingthrough.ie/wp-con.../09/683480.jpg

Old 05-10-2014, 11:58 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Quote:
Brits are light eyes, very light skin, dark hair! Among Welsh and Irish people, blondism is very rare.
Germans are light eyes, medium light skin, light hair!
But both countries have few blond people and have totally different features.You can easily pick a British among germans even if they all have the same hair color.
Blondism is not rare among Irish and Welsh. It is relatively common and a lot more common than red hair for example. The majority of people have brown hair in Wales and Ireland. Most Irish have light to medium brown hair. I don't think a lot of people have been to these countries.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:30 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,060,487 times
This thread appears to be a lot of subjective going around in circles nonsense. The British and Irish are a light haired, light eyed, light skinned (the lightest) group of people. They have a reasonable proportion of blond and red (the most) haired people amongst them.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:08 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Quote:
If you can't, it's not my fault, you need eyeglasses. Ofcourse the kids are from UK, as a group they can't pass for being Germans!

And stop showing kids because the UK and German population don't consist of 5 year- old people lol!

Google is your friend if you want to know how Irish look like
https://www.google.fr/search?q=irish...w=1366&bih=667

and German
https://www.google.fr/search?q=irish...ctive&tbm=isch
Those google images show most irish to be brown haired with blonds and redheads as well. Also there are some people that crop up in those images that aren't even Irish or even Irish descent. The best way to see what Irish look like is by googling GAA teams as these people are from all Irish counties and are definitely Irish. GAA sports is what the majority of Irish play as well and has the highest participation numbers.

The same is true for the German result as there are a lot of non-Germans in those results.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:41 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,060,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmega View Post
Coon's Races of Europe has many valuable statistics meticulously amassed in a scientific way. The racial theories you can take or leave, but the real data such as height, head breadth, nasal form, skin and hair, etc, are real quantified observations that are still of value today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmega View Post
It states:

"the numerically predominant racial element in the British population is Nordic, with the Keltic Iron Age variety more important than the Anglo-Saxon or Germanic form."

"England emerges as the lightest haired of the four major divisions of the British Isles, and Wales as the darkest"

"Fair hair, representing golden, ashen, and also light brown hues, varies from 5 per cent to 47 per cent. Well over 25 per cent is typical of the North Sea coast"

Tocher finds that jet black hair is commoner in the western highlands than elsewhere, and is statistically correlated with the greatest survival of Gaelic speech.

"The eastern Scottish coast, from Caithness to Berwick, shows little of this black hair, and in general the areas of both Pictish and Saxon concentration are quite deficient in it."

Whereas the British are on the whole lighter haired than the Irish, they are at the same time darker eyed. The difference is not, however, a great one, and in both England and Scotland blue and light-mixed eyes are in the majority.

"Blondism of Scandinavian intensity, reflecting Saxon and Danish influence, is characteristic of the whole eastern coast of England and Scotland, while a strong brunet survival in Cornwall and Wales indicates the presence of a pre-Keltic population of considerable intensity. The industrial revolution, which has fostered dense under-privileged populations in the Midlands and on the Clyde, has enormously increased, by some selective process, the darker-haired and darker-eyed elements in Britain." Interesting! That should reverse as these places are deindustrializing. .

"The upper social strata, being on the whole blonder, follow the pigment pattern of the Saxons, Danes, and Normans."

"The regional variations of stature in Great Britain may be observed with sufficient accuracy on Map 5. The mean [height] for the whole island is approximately 172 cm., which is comparable to Ireland, and to Norway and Sweden. " So much for the naturally tall Scandinavians. Diet obviously has a lot to do with it.

British noses:
"this type of nose is closer to the Trøndelagen type in Norway "

Old 05-11-2014, 04:15 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
[color=black][i]It states:

"the numerically predominant racial element in the British population is Nordic, with the Keltic Iron Age variety more important than the Anglo-Saxon or Germanic form."

"England emerges as the lightest haired of the four major divisions of the British Isles, and Wales as the darkest"

"Fair hair, representing golden, ashen, and also light brown hues, varies from 5 per cent to 47 per cent. Well over 25 per cent is typical of the North Sea coast"

Tocher finds that jet black hair is commoner in the western highlands than elsewhere, and is statistically correlated with the greatest survival of Gaelic speech.

"The eastern Scottish coast, from Caithness to Berwick, shows little of this black hair, and in general the areas of both Pictish and Saxon concentration are quite deficient in it."

Whereas the British are on the whole lighter haired than the Irish, they are at the same time darker eyed. The difference is not, however, a great one, and in both England and Scotland blue and light-mixed eyes are in the majority.

"Blondism of Scandinavian intensity, reflecting Saxon and Danish influence, is characteristic of the whole eastern coast of England and Scotland, while a strong brunet survival in Cornwall and Wales indicates the presence of a pre-Keltic population of considerable intensity. The industrial revolution, which has fostered dense under-privileged populations in the Midlands and on the Clyde, has enormously increased, by some selective process, the darker-haired and darker-eyed elements in Britain." Interesting! That should reverse as these places are deindustrializing. .

"The upper social strata, being on the whole blonder, follow the pigment pattern of the Saxons, Danes, and Normans."

"The regional variations of stature in Great Britain may be observed with sufficient accuracy on Map 5. The mean [height] for the whole island is approximately 172 cm., which is comparable to Ireland, and to Norway and Sweden. " So much for the naturally tall Scandinavians. Diet obviously has a lot to do with it.

British noses:
"this type of nose is closer to the Trøndelagen type in Norway "
So now we all have the same 'type' of nose too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe