Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 01:49 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,062,698 times

Advertisements

"Scottish English"?

Old 05-05-2014, 03:31 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Up until about 120 years ago, or was it in on independence?, Finland was regarded as a subset of Russia. Because of its northern latitude Finland was put in a northern country group - Nordic. .
By whom?

Yes, when Finland was a part of Russia, it was considered Russia, naturally. During our independence we have been Nordic, and before a part of Russia we were considered and legally - Sweden.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 05-05-2014, 03:59 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
Blondism has nothing to do with latitude. UK and many others countries are evidence of it. The UK is an Island, it s warmer than everywhere in germany. Even Paris and Eastern France are colder than Southern Uk.
And YeS, UK is less nordic than Germany and even Southern Germany. You have apparently never been to those countries.
I can stay 2 weeks in UK and blond people could be counting on the fingers of one hand.
If you have normal eyes and check your anglosax made map, you will notice that the color is not the same (if you compare with the same latitude).

Do not forget numbers

Germany light hair=41%
UK less than 20%
England = 28%

And it is not blond it s light hair
Regarding British studies.

I find it quite ironic that some people (brits)see UK to be as "nordic" as germany when History, facts, stats, studies tell the contrary.
Especially regarding hair color.

"Yes , we british are as light hair as Germans, nah nah" who is the most germaniic? It is me,it is me!" Like if being germanic or blond was better...
It is ridiculous.
Agreed!! And like you I actually LIVE in the UK and can see how people 'look' with my own eyes 'EVERY single day, the fact is there are FAR more dark haired people where I live than blond, does this mean 'blondes are less British NO, does this mean Britons are 'Mediterranean NO, it simply shows that dark haired and blond Europeans are EXACTLY the same ethnicity!! Why are people trying to claim that a Caucasian German is 'diiferent' say to a Caucasian Frenchman!! They are not!! Incidently there are millions of Europeans that aren't Caucasian too!!

Old 05-05-2014, 05:00 AM

Define blonde.

This guy is blonde:

Is this guy?

Is he? In some parts of the world he would. I don't think so:

Old 05-05-2014, 05:15 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Define blonde.

This guy is blonde:

Is this guy?

'Ash' blond perhaps?

Old 05-05-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
By whom?

Yes, when Finland was a part of Russia, it was considered Russia, naturally. During our independence we have been Nordic,
So I was right.
Quote:
and before a part of Russia we were considered and legally - Sweden.
But not in Scandinavia. So I was right.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-05-2014 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Orphaned - Response to an edited post

Old 05-05-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Agreed!! And like you I actually LIVE in the UK and can see how people 'look' with my own eyes 'EVERY single day, the fact is there are FAR more dark haired people where I live than blond,
You live in the SE of England where there is more French influence and heavy immigration over the past 60 years. Go to an untouched north Yorkshire rural town/village.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Define blonde.

This guy is blonde:

Is this guy?

The middle guy is near to my colour (light brown/fair) and I do not consider myself blond. The bottom two are not blond, but light haired of course.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:30 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,427,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Agreed!! And like you I actually LIVE in the UK and can see how people 'look' with my own eyes 'EVERY single day, the fact is there are FAR more dark haired people where I live than blond, does this mean 'blondes are less British NO, does this mean Britons are 'Mediterranean NO, it simply shows that dark haired and blond Europeans are EXACTLY the same ethnicity!! Why are people trying to claim that a Caucasian German is 'diiferent' say to a Caucasian Frenchman!! They are not!! Incidently there are millions of Europeans that aren't Caucasian too!!
How can you agree if you don't even know how German people look like? Who told you that blonde Brits are not of the same ethnicity as dark/brown-haired Brits, nobody denies that they're related? In both Britain and Germany, brown-haired people are more numerous than blonde, that is a fact established. You always miss the point, this thread's questions concerns the white Britons and white Germans. It wouldn't obviously apply to those who aren't white of course. Oh you have a long way to go, but you'll do just fine when you get there.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-05-2014 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 05-05-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
So I was right.

But not in Scandinavia. So I was right.
Uhm, what? Yes, Finland was during 1809-1917 in a personal union with Russia as an autonomous Grand Duchy. So? Normandy and Aquitaine were a part of England, but does it make them English/British? No.

Before 1809 Finland was a part of Sweden, as Swedish as any other integral part of Sweden, and therefore Scandinavia.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to claim here.

Scandinavia on an old map. Don't say the year, but approx 1740's:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe