Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 09:23 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut2016 View Post
The proportions are way different, croatians are much better looking people as a whole than brits.. in Portugal men are much better looking than the women.
Kindly inform us why Croatian footballer Modric or manager Slavin Bilic are 'better looking' than David Beckham or say erm.....Roger Moore??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 09:26 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Southern Germany has more Celtic admixture. Overall, I think, a bit more expressive and such compared to the typical Prussian.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:31 AM

66 posts, read 62,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Kindly inform us why Croatian footballer Modric or manager Slavin Bilic are 'better looking' than David Beckham or say erm.....Roger Moore??
Roger Moore was casted because of his looks, why not use benny hill, rowan atkinson or wayne rooney as a better example?

Old 08-19-2016, 11:29 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
Not all germans are blonde but they are generally more blond-blue eyed and tall than anybody in Europe except Dutch and Scandinavians. And Northern germany is practically on the same "league" of blondness of Scandinavia/Netherlands, and definitelly taller than most scandinavians and almost as tall as the dutch...

By the way those german people with dark hair have "germanic" facial structure. they dont look like meds from southern europe or celts from atlantic europe.
Lie.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Lie.
Says the american who never been to europe. I live among germans and can testify it. America is a country built based on whiteness and nordicism, despite large part of their population being from non-caucasian/European origin and most of its "whites" being far from nordic looking. In Europe culture is far more important than race.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:42 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Quote:
Roger Moore was casted because of his looks, why not use benny hill, rowan atkinson or wayne rooney as a better example?
I don't think many people would disagree that Pierce Brosnan isn't a good looking man? The Irish and British have more than their share of good looking people. Benny Hill was a comedian as is Rowan Atkinson. Wayne Rooney is best known for his footballing skills. These men didn't become successful due to their looks.

Anyway looks are subjective and what you find attractive not everyone will. You have quite a particular type and aren't in anyway objective. It is obvious you have some deep seated resentments against British, Irish and by extension the US, Australia (any English speaking country). It is very obsessional.

The issue I'm interested in is your need to constantly try to associate Irish and British people with this mythical Atlantic population. It is a fact that there is no common Atlantic population. You might as well talk about a North Sea population and that in fact has more validity.

I also find it interesting that you have some irrational dislike of British and Irish. I don't automatically associate British and Irish as the same. This is something you do. You as a Spaniard appear to worship this ideal of the Germanic blond. I actually don't have this fascination. I quite like my own ethnicity and that is where my interest lies. I don't put any population on a pedestal which is what you appear to do. Have you ever thought why you always like to criticise everything about the British and Irish yet have some deep seated need to tie your own people with them through this fictional "Atlantic" identity? That is why you always talk about this Atlantic look and the odd thing is you use it as an insult but desperately want your own ethnicity anchored in to the same sphere.

The Spanish are much more closely related to the Portuguese, French and Italians but do form a definite cluster of their own with the Portuguese. They are not close genetically to the Irish or British. As I've said previously to you populations like the South Dutch are closer and as you know they are Germanic. Germans are closer to you genetically as well and as you worship them you should be happy about this.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Britain is atlantic world and people, and they look it, sorry . Do you actually live in the UK? Have you seen any of those long legged beauties that you see often in Germany, Czech or the Netherlands in the UK? not even once.. british body types are completely different. Whatever you want to claim, I wish Uk looked more like Germany, or NL or Czech, because then there would be a larger pool of beautiful women in the World, but sadly it is not the case.
Ha!ha!ha! Dutch and Czech people are not the same! The Dutch are Germanic folks closely related to Flemish, French Flanders, English, Danish and adjacent regions of Germany! Dutch people are not Slavic! The Dutch are closer to the English than they would be to even Bavarians or Swabians, let alone Czechs. Dutch people are a North-Western European people not Central or Eastern European. They might be taller on average, but not much of a difference. They are actually closer to the English, many of their Y-chromosome is R1b-U106, so do plenty of English people.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Roger Moore is not good-looking.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Ha!ha!ha! Dutch and Czech people are not the same! The Dutch are Germanic folks closely related to Flemish, French Flanders, English, Danish and adjacent regions of Germany! Dutch people are not Slavic! The Dutch are closer to the English than they would be to even Bavarians or Swabians, let alone Czechs. Dutch people are a North-Western European people not Central or Eastern European. They might be taller on average, but not much of a difference. They are actually closer to the English, many of their Y-chromosome is R1b-U106, so do plenty of English people.

You are talking about culture. I worked among quite a few czech colleagues and let me tell you some of the most germanic looking people I have seen have been the czech. English people are rarely germanic looking, most look like celtic-brythonic-roman mix.

And Dutch dont look like English, French flanders or even Flemish. They look more like people In Northern germany and Denmark who are clearly blonder/taller and more teutonic/germanic looking than the former populations that you mentioned... Its clear you never been to the UK or the NEtherlands if you believe the populations in those two countries resemble eachother. I actually see more poles that would blend in Netherlands or Germany than Brits, who usually only would pass in Ireland, or maybe in western france in some extent. Brits, particularly the english are some of the darkerst people I have seen in septentrional Europe (above the alps).

Old 08-20-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
You are talking about culture. I worked among quite a few czech colleagues and let me tell you some of the most germanic looking people I have seen have been the czech. English people are rarely germanic looking, most look like celtic-brythonic-roman mix.

And Dutch dont look like English, French flanders or even Flemish. They look more like people In Northern germany and Denmark who are clearly blonder/taller and more teutonic/germanic looking than the former populations that you mentioned... Its clear you never been to the UK or the NEtherlands if you believe the populations in those two countries resemble eachother. I actually see more poles that would blend in Netherlands or Germany than Brits, who usually only would pass in Ireland, or maybe in western france in some extent. Brits, particularly the english are some of the darkerst people I have seen in septentrional Europe (above the alps).
There is actually, no much of a difference between the Dutch and the English. For this reason, Dutch have always found it easy to integrate into Anglo-Saxon societies. I have both ancestral lineages from England and the Netherlands. There are plenty of Irish people who would pass as Dutch more than German. Flemish, French Flemish and southern Dutch are exactly the same people. Polish people would blend easily with Germans, because they have a Slavic connection which dates from a long time. The original County of Flanders made of the regions of Flanders in Belgium, French Flanders, Zeeland in the Netherlands. So all these people are descendants of Dutch speakers. Enough of your lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe