Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 08:03 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
YES, BTW i remeber a female from the industrial slums of rust belt Glasgow still to this day i give her a free pass beause she hasd a nice ass held up by two long limbs. thats what i like about scottish.
Really.

Well, I'm not wealthy and I'm not poor. I don't live in a mansion and I don't live in a council house.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:13 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,187,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
The great Norwegian economy doesn't offset the dullness and the weird people.
I'll give you weird and dull

Old 06-10-2014, 10:22 AM

79 posts, read 111,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
One thing I envy about Europe is that the average person can afford to live in the urban core. In America if you're not wealthy you really can only live in the suburban sprawl or rural areas.
That is actually not true because vast majority of urban cores in the United States with the exceptions of cities like NYC, San Francisco, Boston and few others are affordable for average person.

Some European cities like Paris and London are quite expensive as well, and indeed many Scandinavian capitals.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:22 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergodela View Post
Well I'm not a European, but I am a American, I guess I could point out a thing or two I love about Europe

Everywhere you step you are looking at history...literally
The cities are BEAUTIFUL, they have the historic feeling to it, the cities in Spain, Italy and other coastal countries are even more beautiful then the ones a bit up north.
Free healthcare, but I try to keep in mind they are still technically paying for it, its just a choice for americans and not for Europeans
Better transportation
Better location
Honestly I am so sick and tired of looking at boring old historic buildings.

A young lively person like me cannot be bothered with the mainland European lifestyle.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
That is one of the things I love about living in Scotland. I love ancient sites (5,000 years old) and buildings that were built in the 15th century just down my road. I love taking a short flight to France and visiting the amazing medieval villages! Also love taking a 5 hour train trip down to London which is my favourite city in the world.

No, the healthcare isn't free, it comes out of our taxes and I'm very grateful I never have to think about insurance or co-pays, etc like I did in the US.
You what?

My iPhone 5 just broke and now I have to fork out £200 because I forgot to update my insurance. Please do not say that we 'do not have to worry about insurance' because we do and its god damn expensive, especially for a car for me. Its like £5000, its much more expensive living here.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
One thing I envy about Europe is that the average person can afford to live in the urban core. In America if you're not wealthy you really can only live in the suburban sprawl or rural areas.
No we can't!! Try and rent a house in London.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:28 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
You what?

My iPhone 5 just broke and now I have to fork out £200 because I forgot to update my insurance. Please do not say that we 'do not have to worry about insurance' because we do and its god damn expensive, especially for a car for me. Its like £5000, its much more expensive living here.
He's referring to health insurance.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:31 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Honestly I am so sick and tired of looking at boring old historic buildings.

A young lively person like me cannot be bothered with the mainland European lifestyle.
How exactly are you a young and lively person, and how exactly is your current lifestyle of having no life AT ALL more conductive than the 'mainland European' lifestyle?

Last edited by Rozenn; 06-11-2014 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 06-10-2014, 04:00 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,436,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
We know in terms of QOL rankings, it is all European countries (plus Canada/Australia), but let's be more realistic here. I have known many Europeans who went to the US and never wanted to leave, so there must be something attractive about America.
Responses in this thread are very misleading. Young people in countries like Spain and Italy would leave in a heart-beat.

Here's a fact: The Youth Unemployment Rate in Spain is 56.1%
- can you imagine that in Canada or USA?

Youth unemployment in Italy is 42%
- can you imagine that in Canada or USA?

Places like Spain and Italy are now only attractive to Chinese and American tourists!

Old 06-10-2014, 09:14 PM

79 posts, read 111,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
What does this mean?

Anna Anka reveals truth about Sweden - Swedish Hollywood Wives 2013 - YouTube

Go to 0:30 and start listening from there. I got this from my Scandinavian neighbors who told me to listen to it and get explained by a Swede from LA. She says that Sweden is like a communist country where everybody has to be equal; and if you stick out and look wealthier you will be stigmatized and seen as criminal. She also says that Swedes don't have any dreams, lives boring lives and depressed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe