Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 02:15 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Are you sure about that? Isn't everyone in France a beret-wearing, upper middle class white person who walks to the boulangerie each day for fresh baguettes?

French Ghetto : Public housing projects - YouTube
I watched the Youtube about low income housing in France. Wonder who put that together? Am I wrong, or isn't a rather large number of those who live there, Muslim immigrants? Also, many are, I believe, illegal immigrants from poverty-stricken African countries.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergodela View Post
That was I was thinking, we should take our American ghettos and fill them with white people...instead of blacks and Hispanics.
You've been sheltered. It's clear you haven't driven through (or gotten stuck in) a white trailer park or really bad white country neighborhoods and towns. Dem good ole' boys will give you a tour.

Last edited by Saritaschihuahua; 06-22-2014 at 02:25 PM..

Old 06-22-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holzhaus123 View Post
Exactly. All the switchblade ghetto gangsta Kids. What do you suggest to do with them?
There are white ghettos.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:20 PM

93 posts, read 99,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
There are white ghettos.
I did not exempt the White ones.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
If what you say is true, then no, there are no such areas like that at all. I don't feel in danger walking in any area of my city, even the ones with high crime.
Yes, I've had experience in 2 neighborhoods in which I was terrified, the first in the South, the second in a big city.

One was a white neighborhood, part of a really run-down, poverty-stricken town. My first husband and I had gotten lost and stopped for directions when we saw this skinny teen standing in a run-down front yard filled with weeds and trash. He didn't answer us but out of the beat-up house behind him (which I swear looked condemned), came a really really fat white man with a shotgun, rifle, whatever they're called, and my husband said, "Hello?" Neither answered, and we took off really fast. The whole town looked condemned. These are towns of poverty.

Then I ended up in a primarily black neighborhood by myself, driving, so lost! I stopped at place that looked like it had once been a gas station and now was just columns. I heard SHOTS and took off praying (and I'm not religious).

There are dangerous places here.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:28 PM

93 posts, read 99,663 times
Quote:
Yes, I've had experience in 2 neighborhoods in which I was terrified, the first in the South, the second in a big city.

One was a white neighborhood, part of a really run-down, poverty-stricken town. My first husband and I had gotten lost and stopped for directions when we saw this skinny teen standing in a run-down front yard filled with weeds and trash. He didn't answer us but out of the beat-up house behind him (which I swear looked condemned), came a really really fat white man with a shotgun, rifle, whatever they're called, and my husband said, "Hello?" Neither answered, and we took off really fast. The whole town looked condemned. These are towns of poverty.

Then I ended up in a primarily black neighborhood by myself, driving, so lost! I stopped at place that looked like it had once been a gas station and now was just columns. I heard SHOTS and took off praying (and I'm not religious).

Ghetto - Gansta vs. Gangsta - Ghetto

Old 06-22-2014, 03:04 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
No one avoids Central Park at night "out of necessity", either. If you're like me and you know how to fight, and have some education in the martial arts, you can walk through the slums of Rio and have only moderate concern. But like Simon and Garfunkel sang, "New York, looking down at Central Park, where they say you should not wander after dark".
Oh please, I'm on your side, but that's Simon and Garfunkel, and that was written back in the 1970's when New York had a serious crime problem. New York is the safest large city in the United States now. I agree with everything else you've said though.

Old 06-22-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
If what you say is true, then no, there are no such areas like that at all. I don't feel in danger walking in any area of my city, even the ones with high crime.
Would you feel dangerous walking anywhere? Or just an American city?

Old 06-22-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:

May I ask what area of the south you were in when that happened? And what city was this black neighborhood in?

Old 06-22-2014, 03:36 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Would you feel dangerous walking anywhere? Or just an American city?
I don't know, I've never been to an American city. If I visit, I'll let you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe