U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
2,828 posts, read 3,390,993 times
Reputation: 1815

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
This is so terrible.
Agreed. I wish we could just all get along.

 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:24 PM
 
2,253 posts, read 1,944,368 times
Reputation: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
IF there were American citizens on board, yes you will see American's wanting something to come out of it. All out war...maybe.
Maybe. But that doesn't mean there are people in the US salivating over the possibility of another war. Contrary to what the world probably thinks about us, Americans don't like war!
 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:29 PM
 
10,847 posts, read 10,594,096 times
Reputation: 7539
What exactly is Russia's iniquitous motivation to shoot down a Malaysian aircraft?

Americans should take a look at in how many places around the world US army is stationed before always accusing other countries of not keeping peace.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
20,344 posts, read 20,456,525 times
Reputation: 31602
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
What exactly is Russia's iniquitous motivation to shoot down a Malaysian aircraft?
general incompetence of their surrogate fighters
 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
2,828 posts, read 3,390,993 times
Reputation: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
What exactly is Russia's iniquitous motivation to shoot down a Malaysian aircraft?

Americans should take a look at in how many places around the world US army is stationed before always accusing other countries of not keeping peace.
You sure are generalizing A LOT. I frankly am tired of us(the US) being in everyone's business. We have enough issues to solve at home as it is. But IF the US does that, then it opens the door to others to step up and take over the roll. It may be better, or worse...who knows.

I know we would not like it if another country(say Russia or China) tried to tell the US what they were and were not allowed to do..and we do that a lot.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:34 PM
 
2,253 posts, read 1,944,368 times
Reputation: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

Americans should take a look at in how many places around the world US army is stationed before always accusing other countries of not keeping peace.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
2,828 posts, read 3,390,993 times
Reputation: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
Maybe. But that doesn't mean there are people in the US salivating over the possibility of another war. Contrary to what the world probably thinks about us, Americans don't like war!
I don't think that's what I said or the other poster was saying. But there definitely are some that feel that way. My social feeds have been full of ridiculous comments about "off with Putin's head" and the like. Before we even find out what exactly happened.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
6,548 posts, read 4,693,484 times
Reputation: 4298
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
What exactly is Russia's iniquitous motivation to shoot down a Malaysian aircraft?

Americans should take a look at in how many places around the world US army is stationed before always accusing other countries of not keeping peace.
I think it's pretty certain that the jet was shot down by accident.It was an Malaysian airplane which carried mostly Dutch citizens,neither of those two countries has had anything to deal with the regional hot mess.

My first thought is that the Ukrainian rebels mistook the jet as an Ukrainian military plane,then shot it.I can't imagine Russia or Ukraine being that stupid,but the truth remains unclear,as it just happened hours ago.

And please this has NOTHING to deal with American foreign troops whatsoever.The causer of this tragedy SHOULD be and WOULD be accused for not keeping peace and slaughtered hundreds of innocent civilians.Accident or not,there is no easy way out in this case.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Hong Kong / Vienna
4,557 posts, read 4,825,544 times
Reputation: 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I think it's pretty certain that the jet was shot down by accident.It was an Malaysian airplane which carried mostly Dutch citizens,neither of those two countries has had anything to deal with the regional hot mess.

My first thought is that the Ukrainian rebels mistook the jet as an Ukrainian military plane,then shot it.I can't imagine Russia or Ukraine being that stupid,but the truth remains unclear,as it just happened hours ago.

And please this has NOTHING to deal with American foreign troops whatsoever.The causer of this tragedy SHOULD be and WOULD be accused for not keeping peace and slaughtered hundreds of innocent civilians.Accident or not,there is no easy way out in this case.
Sounds reasonable. Someone probably misread the radar of the Buk missile system. I doubt that anyone (be it Ukrainians, the rebels or the Russians) wanted to shoot down a civil aircraft.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
2,828 posts, read 3,390,993 times
Reputation: 1815
Missile supposedly taking it out.

LiveLeak.com - Malaysian flight being hit by what looks to be a missle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top