Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 06:28 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,327,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
You can think exactly what you want. Personally, I prefer listen and read Malcolm Todd about the Britons. Same for the Austrians. One more time, it's absolutely probable that you're anglo-saxon origins if your ancestor came from english east coast.

About red hair, it's not only typical from the "celtic" origins. For example if you think that blond hair are typical "germanic", it's not necessary valid for Germans because in their country approximately only the half population has blond/light hair. So according that, it means that the rest of Germans aren't potential Bavarians, Teutonics, Chatti etc. Of course blond/light hair are generally associated with the "germanic" tribes but it's not a decisive factor.

Personnaly I don't see (but I'havent enough informations about that) all this physical differences between the Britons, Gallics, Helvetians, Noricum people, Boii on one hand and the Bavarians, Teutonics, Saxons and Alemanni on the other hand according to the readings

Ask Saxonwold, he met them in a recent trip to Ireland.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:54 PM

52 posts, read 76,589 times
Ok I will do that

Old 12-23-2016, 06:43 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
No

Old 12-23-2016, 09:34 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The English are bloody diverse, its about time you accepted the fact.
It's about time, you get on board and understand what people are talking about! Stop being out of context all the time.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
You can think exactly what you want. Personally, I prefer listen and read Malcolm Todd about the Britons. Same for the Austrians. One more time, it's absolutely probable that you're anglo-saxon origins if your ancestor came from english east coast.

About red hair, it's not only typical from the "celtic" origins. For example if you think that blond hair are typical "germanic", it's not necessary valid for Germans because in their country approximately only the half population has blond/light hair. So according that, it means that the rest of Germans aren't potential Bavarians, Teutonics, Chatti etc. Of course blond/light hair are generally associated with the "germanic" tribes but it's not a decisive factor.

Personnaly I don't see (but I'havent enough informations about that) all this physical differences between the Britons, Gallics, Helvetians, Noricum people, Boii on one hand and the Bavarians, Teutonics, Saxons and Alemanni on the other hand according to the readings
It is not only probable. It is for sure that I am of Germanic descent! Not only that I am of English lineage, but the regions from which my paternal line come from are in the most Germanic ( genetically) regions of Britain. According to a relatively recently published genetical study by the POBI in 2015, in their genetical map of Britain the most Germanic are colored in red. You might be familiar or might have seen the map.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:

Watch out now! Don't confuse what is meant by "typical" by being "most common". Typical means distinct. Yes, the distinctly Germanic individual is usually blond-haired, blue-eyed, etc... but most Germanic people aren't blond rather brown-haired. Scandinavians have the highest frequency of blonds. I have never said or quoted that all Germans are blonds! Germany isn't any way the most Germanic country in Europe even if we go by the Y-Dna lineage. The most Germanic regions of Germany are in the north. North Germans have the highest frequency of blonds and light hair in Germany.
Frequency for North Germans only:
Red = 1%
Reddish = 0.5%
Blond(ashen tone) = 12.05%
Blond(golden tone) = 13.68%
Brown(light/medium) = 32.8%
Brown(dark) = 32.5%
Black = 7.3%
Thus in northern Germany, the frequency for light hair is over half (60.2%).

Old 12-23-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
It is not only probable. It is for sure that I am of Germanic descent! Not only that I am of English lineage, but the regions from which my paternal line come from are in the most Germanic ( genetically) regions of Britain. According to a relatively recently published genetical study by the POBI in 2015, in their genetical map of Britain the most Germanic are colored in red. You might be familiar or might have seen the map.
So I understand wrong your sentence concerning blond hair.

Ok you talk about your british origin region, I don't contest that. Some regions of east english coast have approximately 40% but as Oppenheimer and Malcolm Todd (I emphasize an english geneticist and an english archaeologist) say it's different for the rest of England where Anglo-saxons were really less numerous . Same for Italy, I prefer read Piazza or Barbujani (Italians geneticists) about the difference origins for the Italians (Gallics, Veneti, Lombards, Romans-Latins and other Italics peoples, Greeks, Normans...).

Moreover Sorry but I don't like read some stupidities and wrong and unfounded replies from ignorant people in this thread like likehobbesdj, miserere, yourself, cmptrwlt, julia90, roger-kingston, geovina, anders-karlsson, majurius.

Last edited by Anarion; 12-23-2016 at 03:28 PM..

Old 12-24-2016, 02:46 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
It's about time, you get on board and understand what people are talking about! Stop being out of context all the time.
English people are a VERY diverse bunch, we all have different coloured skin, different coloured eyes and hair, we are all races and of mixed races, we all have ancestors from every corner of Europe, its about time you realised that the English are NOT Anglo Saxon clones.

Old 12-24-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
So I understand wrong your sentence concerning blond hair.

Ok you talk about your british origin region, I don't contest that. Some regions of east english coast have approximately 40% but as Oppenheimer and Malcolm Todd (I emphasize an english geneticist and an english archaeologist) say it's different for the rest of England where Anglo-saxons were really less numerous . Same for Italy, I prefer read Piazza or Barbujani (Italians geneticists) about the difference origins for the Italians (Gallics, Veneti, Lombards, Romans-Latins and other Italics peoples, Greeks, Normans...).

Moreover Sorry but I don't like read some stupidities and wrong and unfounded replies from ignorant people in this thread like likehobbesdj, miserere, yourself, cmptrwlt, julia90, roger-kingston, geovina, anders-karlsson, majurius.
Not yourself, I meant another user named yousseff.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
English people are a VERY diverse bunch, we all have different coloured skin, different coloured eyes and hair, we are all races and of mixed races, we all have ancestors from every corner of Europe, its about time you realised that the English are NOT Anglo Saxon clones.
You are still out of context! Wow! Nobody has mentioned non-Whites here. Obviously non-Whites people live in England too. Non-White people are now found all over Europe, nothing new. I never contested that! However it has absolutely nothing to do with when somebody mentions Celtic/Germanic strains or genomes within the (White) English population! Please learn to cope with your understanding skills, whether if the English came from all corners of Europe is totally irrelevant at this point, since genetical studies shows which genomes are more prevalent/dominant than others in the English population. It is these genes which shows the difference between the English and the Welsh for example. For example Anglo-Saxon genes are more prevalently found in East, Central and South England and to geneticists (POBI) makes these regions the most genetically homogeneous areas of Britain. While the Celtic Fringe is much more diverse genetically than England! Are you a mixed-race clone? Ha!ha!ha! Get in context, will you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe