Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2016, 03:49 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Let me know, is there natural blond people with brown eyes?
Like this one.

(c) https://cloudpix.co/fotomodel-nina-o...s-1618288.html
Well, the "golden" rule is that blonde hair usually goes with blue or green eyes and fair skin. Many are born blond, but hair darkens with age. On the other hand, brown hair usually goes with brown eyes and medium to olive skin tone. Nevertheless, we know too well, that blonde hair and brown and hazel eyes, medium skin tones are not too rare. Many Central, Eastern Europeans actually have that combinations. Brown hair, blue eyes, fair-skinned or freckled complexions, is most common amongst Northern Europeans (Scandinavians, Icelanders, British Islanders).

Old 10-09-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffofDover View Post
And most studies are based on observations aswell, sometimes of very limited samples and doubious sources. I rather travel to the place and see it by myself. Brits are the most brunette people I have seen in whole central-northern europe (thats obviously considering french as southern euros). All the nordic, baltic, germanic and slavic countries easily beat them in blondism department.
Not they are not. This is the 21st century, accuracy can be achieved. You can travel now. I've travelled a long time before you thought of it. Now instead of sticking to fantasies, stick to facts! That'll do you some good.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Berlin is multicultural its like taking London as example for the British... I know lot of towheads among ethnic northern germans, I see them everyday, Im not talking about kids but people around 25-35 years old.

EthnicBrits are mostly brunette people, same for Aussies. If you consider Oliver kahn light blonde then let me tell you that people like him or even blonder are very common in germany, specially in the north, but in britain they are rare, specially among adults. Its clear you have never been in Europe. Northern Germans are very blond, in fact my two scandinavian colleagues here are darker than the average people I see around. Northern Germans and Dutch are very blond people, no different than Denmark or South Sweden. On the Other hand Brits are more similar to northwest french in terms of hair coloring, clearly a more brunette population, with mousy and dark brown hair being dominant.
Perhaps if you lied to someone who had no clue about German people, then you'd be pretty successful! Or to someone who has never been to Germany. Yes, Oliver Kahn not today, but in his younger days was very blond. Northern Germans aren't on average as blond as Oliver Kahn was. The blondest person, I have seen was of Scottish descent, for your information. No, Germans on average are not similar to Scandinavians, most have brown hair. I am of Dutch descent by the way, so good luck, lying to me. All I can tell you, is Germans have a fair share of blonds and to a lesser extent redheads, however they are neither the blondest, nor the most red-hair in Europe. Germans are what they are north-central Europeans, the French are overall intermediates neither Northern nor Southern Europeans! Brits, Irish, Dutch, Belgians too are what they are, north-western Europeans!

Old 10-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Berlin is multicultural its like taking London as example for the British... I know lot of towheads among ethnic northern germans, I see them everyday, Im not talking about kids but people around 25-35 years old.

EthnicBrits are mostly brunette people, same for Aussies. If you consider Oliver kahn light blonde then let me tell you that people like him or even blonder are very common in germany, specially in the north, but in britain they are rare, specially among adults. Its clear you have never been in Europe. Northern Germans are very blond, in fact my two scandinavian colleagues here are darker than the average people I see around. Northern Germans and Dutch are very blond people, no different than Denmark or South Sweden. On the Other hand Brits are more similar to northwest french in terms of hair coloring, clearly a more brunette population, with mousy and dark brown hair being dominant.
Enough with the lies. The fact is that the most common hair color in Europe is brown not blonde! In Northern and Central Europe, medium to light brown shades are the most common, while in Southern Europe, dark brown prevail not black! Aussies? What do you know about Aussies? For your information in Australia, Canada and the United States, among descendants of Northern, Central and Eastern European ( British, German, Polish and Russian) immigrants, the most common hair color is a medium to light brown shade!

Old 10-10-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
And most studies are based on observations aswell, sometimes of very limited samples and doubious sources. I rather travel to the place and see it by myself. Brits are the most brunette people I have seen in whole central-northern europe (thats obviously considering french as southern euros). All the nordic, baltic, germanic and slavic countries easily beat them in blondism department.
Firstly some British groups fall within the Germanic core, the English and Lowland Scots. Germanic influence is found all over northern and eastern France, just to refresh your memory, the Teutons, Germani, Burgundians, Allemanni, Franks were what Romans called "dumb Barbarians". The French are not Southern Europeans as Iberians are for example. France lies between Northern and Southern Europe thus show a pigmentation which is intermediate or central European. In France, as in Germany the blondest regions are more to the north. The dominant hair color in France (Ethnic) by the way is not dark brown, but is known as "chatain". The highest frequency overall of blondism is in the Finnic group!! Blondism is not only linked to Germanic people but to all Europeans groups who have sojourned for a longer time in Northern Europe. This is the result of adaptation to climate and also sexual selection.

These are northern French people:

The man looks a little bit like P. Schmeichel.

Last edited by saxonwold; 10-10-2016 at 02:51 PM..

Old 10-10-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Dutch, northern germans, Danes and south sweden/norway have the most proper blondes, not dark blond but very blond and gold blondes. Most brits have dark hait and are out of discussion, even countries like Austria, slovakia or czech have way more proper blondes than the Uk or Ireland lol. I was in the Uk last month and was amazed how few legit blondes are actually there. People seemed short to me aswell.
You are the one who is out of discussion. Blonde hair is common in Iceland, the U.K., Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus and Russia! It is in it's highest frequency in the Nordic and Baltic countries! The most common hair color amongst Europeans is not blonde!

Old 10-10-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes, apparently so.
This is another example (a Russian actress.)
From Norway

From Finland

from the Netherlands, light brown hair + brown eyes

Maxim Podholjuzin (Estonian of Russian descent), light blond hair +brown eyes.

Russian actress Oksana Akinshina (beautiful)

Polish guy with light brown hair+brown eyes

Old 10-10-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Let me know, is there natural blond people with brown eyes?
Like this one.

(c) https://cloudpix.co/fotomodel-nina-o...s-1618288.html
In contrast to quite a few Northern Europeans who have fair skin, dark hair + blue eyes.

Anders Fogh Rasmussen (Denmark)

From Ireland.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Dutch, northern germans, Danes and south sweden/norway have the most proper blondes, not dark blond but very blond and gold blondes. Most brits have dark hait and are out of discussion, even countries like Austria, slovakia or czech have way more proper blondes than the Uk or Ireland lol. I was in the Uk last month and was amazed how few legit blondes are actually there. People seemed short to me aswell.
Go see your Borussia Dortmund fans and see how really blond they are!!! Is anyone there as light as Oliver Kahn? Ha!Ha!Ha!

Old 10-10-2016, 05:28 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Iwan Thomas is a ginger who dyes his hair blond!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Do you have some proof?
You've only got to look at pictures of him from the 90s, to see that he is a ginger bloke that bleaches his hair blond. If you look at the picture from 1997, in the middle of this article, you can see he has ginger hair compared to the other pictures of him with bleach blond hair:

Iwan Thomas talks about his mother's COPD diagnosis | Health | Life & Style | Daily Express

There's a bit of a stigma in the UK, with people having red/ginger hair. Red haired people get poked fun of, and called "ginger <insert insult here>", "carrot top" and other such names.

Bullied &ndash; and worse &ndash; for being ginger - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe