Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2016, 01:29 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,426,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Proper studies, this map can describe only something on genomic level. But French User´s map is more adequate at least as regards of the real appearances of the real people. You have never been to this region here! You seem really to believe some Lithuanians or Russians from Moscow are lighter pigmented than anybody else, lol.
You don't know where I have been, so being acting like a fool. I never said that Lithuanians and Russians are lighter-pigmented than all other Europeans!!! you have English language comprehension problems!

Old 10-15-2016, 01:41 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,060,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffofDover View Post
I dont, I just enjoy arguing with saxonwald who comes here to spread lies despite living in the US and never been to Europe in his lifetime.
That's rich, coming from you. You still haven't explained what you've got against women from each country of the British Isles.

But I guess you'll just ignore this...

Old 10-15-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Im speaking about physical appearance, most of people in those pictures dont look germanic, neither the English do as a whole. They dont stand out in southern europe the way Scandinavians, Dutch or Germans do, British and Irish look western european, not teutonic, germanic or Nordic at all.

Those dutch on the other hand look like germanic or teutonic people

Hey Cliff, I have posted that picture before. No one is saying that blonde hair isn't common amongst Dutch people. My mom is 100% Dutch in ancestry from the town of Zevenaar in the Gelderland Province, and she has (dark) blonde hair and green eyes. However there are many English/Irish who are blonde too. The Dutch are the closest population to the British and Irish people. In both countries, brown hair is still the most common hair color and blue eyes are most common eye color in Ireland and Britain, I'd say also the same in the Netherlands especially the northern regions at least. Small differences, Britons have more of the light brown (mousy), while the Dutch have more of a golden brown type I'd say. The British and Irish more often combine dark brown hair and blue/green eyes than the Dutch, due to a higher proportion of light eyes. In both Irish and Dutch population.

These are Dutch folks. So according to you, only the ones with clearly blond hair are Germanic? You been reading "Mein Kampf" for too long. Get out of that nonsense!
[IMG]https://d262ilb51hltx0.cloudfront.net/max/800/1*imrqxD4VmH1M5UFQEOJdNg.jpeg[/IMG]

Old 10-15-2016, 04:04 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,384,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
You don't know where I have been, so being acting like a fool. I never said that Lithuanians and Russians are lighter-pigmented than all other Europeans!!! you have English language comprehension problems!

You posted this map and told this map told everything about the pigmentation or smth like that...If to look at it carefully you see that Lithuanians, Russians (as well and in fact Belorussians) are marked as the lightest in this map. I don´t know what did you want to say

Old 10-15-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post

You posted this map and told this map told everything about the pigmentation or smth like that...If to look at it carefully you see that Lithuanians, Russians (as well and in fact Belorussians) are marked as the lightest in this map. I don´t know what did you want to say
Sure you didn't know. I did not make that map, O.K.! It was made based on a study based on the frequency of genes for light hair and light eyes amongst European populations. Lithuania, Byelorussia and the adjacent parts of Russia are on the easternmost part of what we may call as Europe lightest-pigmented area. Blonds are not only confined in northern Germany.

Last edited by saxonwold; 10-15-2016 at 10:25 PM..

Old 10-16-2016, 07:40 AM

578 posts, read 591,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Hey Cliff, I have posted that picture before. No one is saying that blonde hair isn't common amongst Dutch people. My mom is 100% Dutch in ancestry from the town of Zevenaar in the Gelderland Province, and she has (dark) blonde hair and green eyes. However there are many English/Irish who are blonde too. The Dutch are the closest population to the British and Irish people. In both countries, brown hair is still the most common hair color and blue eyes are most common eye color in Ireland and Britain, I'd say also the same in the Netherlands especially the northern regions at least. Small differences, Britons have more of the light brown (mousy), while the Dutch have more of a golden brown type I'd say. The British and Irish more often combine dark brown hair and blue/green eyes than the Dutch, due to a higher proportion of light eyes. In both Irish and Dutch population.

These are Dutch folks. So according to you, only the ones with clearly blond hair are Germanic? You been reading "Mein Kampf" for too long. Get out of that nonsense!
Just for clarification sake, what would you class as light brown, mousy hair? I think someone like Steven Gerrard is a good example (can't post images at the moment but you can Google it). And what would be an example of golden brown as a comparison?

Old 10-16-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teritus View Post
Just for clarification sake, what would you class as light brown, mousy hair? I think someone like Steven Gerrard is a good example (can't post images at the moment but you can Google it). And what would be an example of golden brown as a comparison?
Yeah Steven Gerard has mousy hair and sort of grayish-blue eyes.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
The Welsh and the Southwest English actually look closer to Northern Spanish, Irish although overlap with the Isles they tend to have their own looks, but still look more western european than proper germanic or nordic..

FYI, CliffofDover. Although contrary to you theories. Blonde and red hair are common in the Celtic Fringe. Celtic people are by the way good-looking, this is why Norwegian and Danish Vikings took Celtic wives to live with in their new found homes of the far-north (ICELAND, Faroe Isles). Why did Teutonic (Germanic) Vikings go for Celtic women, instead of other Germanic people of the Netherlands, northern Belgium, Germany, etc... I'll tell you, because they knew better. The Southwest English, Welsh people look nothing like North Spaniards, in fact the French, West German, South Dutch people are even genetically closer to them!

Welsh folks (Celtic).

Old 10-16-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
That's rich, coming from you. You still haven't explained what you've got against women from each country of the British Isles.

But I guess you'll just ignore this...
How do you even consider what he says about that topic? I have seen some very beautiful Welsh women!!! He'd only wish he dated them!

Old 10-17-2016, 06:58 AM

The stereotypical "dark" Welshman is definitely not the average. By the way, the most common eye colour in Wales is blue ( ScottishDna Project), so why link them to Iberians? Just because there are some dark-haired, dark-eyed, it doesn't make them Iberians! There were dark-haired Vikings too, why not link them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe