Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2016, 08:52 AM

4,690 posts, read 13,308,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
I'm referring to most of the so-called native population.
They are Russian-diverse. During the last 4.000 years, those Russians have been wandering thorugh Europe and adapting their epigenetic to European weather, they also mixed in small numbers with European, but they are migrants.
Rib invasion from Russia, they came riding donkeys and bringing bronze.

Nonsensical! The Yamnaya brought Indo-European languages all over Europe, not just Spain and Britain? What's this? The R1b is not only confined to Iberia and Britain, it's found all over Western Europe especially! The other group was the R1a which came most likely after the R1b, this is why it is more common in Eastern Europe. Yamnaya had the advantage over the farmers, because they had better technology, thus also better weaponry not mere donkeys but cavalry, chariots, could smelt copper, bronze, had bronze weapons. They migrated into Northern and Central Europe, settled in Germany, the Netherlands, France way before coming to Britain or Ireland for that matter, established the Corded Ware Culture! They were lactase tolerant and spread the gene and were taller, paler-skinned than the Neolithic farmers. The Yamnaya genetic input is higher in Northern and Central Europeans than in Southern Europeans like Iberians. Yes they originally came from South Russia, Georgia, Ukraine area, but progressively moved into North and Central Europe before reaching the Isles! Today, Europeans who resembled them the most are those living north of the Alps. You should know by now that the Basque language is not Indo-European to this day, most likely represent a language spoken in that part of Europe before the Yamnaya ("Pale People") came.

Last edited by saxonwold; 10-30-2016 at 09:04 AM..

Old 10-30-2016, 09:33 AM

121 posts, read 272,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Not they aren't. It's time that you get over the stereotype!
I live here and see british tourists around, many brits are pale but it doesnt translate to being blonde, or overly blonde save a few exceptions. Being uber blonde is almost the norm among northern germans. So its not about stereotypes but about reality check, I didnt see more blonde people in Norway or Sweden than I do here. In fact some of the Blondest groups in the World Live in Northern Germany, The Netherlands and Denmark, at least what would you call extremely germanic looking people. Brits dont look germanic at all as a group, I saw far more germanic looking people and blondes/teutonic looking folks in many parts of europe than in England.. places like Poland, Czech, Austria, Northern France, Belgium, etc.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:39 AM

121 posts, read 272,847 times
Quote:
Brilliantly put! Even by looking at this study, we are told that Southern French/Iberian genetic contribution to the British genome is in fact minimal or rather small. This is contrary to what many people on these threads were trying to tell us, the likes of CliffofDover( ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!), Don Caballero, Juggernaut, Traveller86, etc....
All these were trying to make us believe British and Irish people were just a bunch of Basques, what nonsense! Irish people as you might be, are in fact further away genetically from Basques than Germans, Dutch, French people.
Physical appearance is determined by a small subset of genes, and a group of brits look closer to many french or Northern Iberian groups than they do to Dutch or Germans.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:22 PM

36 posts, read 149,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Id say a country like Norway
Yes maybe, but norwegians have alot of varity in looks.

Adult norwegian examples from the Oslo district

Old 10-30-2016, 12:32 PM

36 posts, read 149,554 times
Quote:
Well, there is some truth there. I used to think that Sweden was the blondest nation in Europe, because of so many blond-haired Swedish people I've seen and the ones I know too. However, after I verified a 10 year long study done on Swedish and Norwegian women from various regions of those two countries, the results were totally the opposite, Norwegian women as a whole showed a higher percentage of natural blonde hair than the Swedish women. So Sweden has obviously a high frequency of blondness, but probably not the highest.
Norwegians has the highest living standard in the world, they can afford whatever they want. If they want to change the way they look then they can afford it right away. Ordinary people in Norway lives like Hollywood stars.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:10 PM

14,808 posts, read 11,877,295 times
Quote:
Let's stop the jokes, O. K. My own experience with the weather in England was just that, rain, rain, clouds, nothing good about the weather at least. Anyway, that's not important. The fact is that in Northern Europe, Britain as a whole gets more cloud cover or gloomy weather than Scandinavia, so in primitive times, a lighter complexion would be pivotal in order for faster absorption for Vitamin D. Thus women of a lighter complexion were preferable, since they were seen as healthy and it is a fact red-heads have usually a light skin complexion than average, thus this linked to an increase of the red hair gene in the British population which is higher than any population on the planet! So cool or cold weather, combined with little sunlight ( more cloud cover) was an ideal condition for the increase of the red hair gene. According to researchers, Britain gets more cloud cover than Scandinavia, because of its maritime climate ( in this North Atlantic). For example in Sweden the average daily sunshine hours is 5.4, while in Scotland it is 3.1! Alistair Moffat, a British geneticist, also the rector of the St Andrews University and one of the founder of the BritainsDNA project says the same thing. Red hair is a characteristic of people with very fair ( pale) skin, freckles, intolerance to sunshine thus would appear more often in regions of Europe which are like that. The same reason why in regions with excess of sunshine, most people are dark-skinned like most Africans. By way, the red hair gene is recessive, even if two parents are carriers, there is only a 25% chance to have a red-haired child, thus this makes it the rarest natural hair color in the world. However the red hair gene despite being recessive expresses itself in pale or very fair skin, freckles in people who are most often blond/brown-haired.
What does Spain has to do with anything? the country is warm, with a very beautiful Mediterranean climate! Are you O.K.? That's where in Europe, I spent the summer holidays, when my family lived in France. My parents made sure, I was covered in sunscreen though. How can you even compare Spanish climate with British weather?
Just goes to show you've never been anywhere NEAR the UK!! You actually believe it rains every day! looooool this IS the most ridiculous thing I've read on this whole site! No its actually the most stupid thing I have EVER read! I bet you believe all Frenchman wear blue/white stripy jumpers and berets while getting around on bicycles don't you! Why don't you actually try visiting Europe for a change you are in for a BIG SUPRISE! Oh and kindly point out where I compared the British weather to the Spanish weather if you will! I bet YOU CANT BECAUSE I DIDN'T!!!!! Stop writing such ridiculous rubbish you are making yourself look more and more of a **** after every post you are making.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffofDover View Post
Physical appearance is determined by a small subset of genes, and a group of brits look closer to many french or Northern Iberian groups than they do to Dutch or Germans.
Britons are northwestern Europeans, look mostly like North-West Europeans! That is what they are. Plenty of British pass for Dutch or Germans or Belgians or Scandinavian ( Norwegians in my opinion) or Icelanders and northern French and vice-versa. While Northern Iberians? I highly doubt that. Nevertheless, there are some Iberians who look North-West European, then they could pass as British. Dutch and Germans are not identical, there are differences too. British have both Germanic and Celtic lineages, thus do not necessarily have to look " Teutonic".

Last edited by saxonwold; 10-30-2016 at 09:25 PM..

Old 10-30-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Dronte View Post
Yes maybe, but norwegians have alot of varity in looks.

Adult norwegian examples from the Oslo district

They all look Northern/North-West European. No variety there for me.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Just goes to show you've never been anywhere NEAR the UK!! You actually believe it rains every day! looooool this IS the most ridiculous thing I've read on this whole site! No its actually the most stupid thing I have EVER read! I bet you believe all Frenchman wear blue/white stripy jumpers and berets while getting around on bicycles don't you! Why don't you actually try visiting Europe for a change you are in for a BIG SUPRISE! Oh and kindly point out where I compared the British weather to the Spanish weather if you will! I bet YOU CANT BECAUSE I DIDN'T!!!!! Stop writing such ridiculous rubbish you are making yourself look more and more of a **** after every post you are making.
It would have been better for you to hush, instead of ridiculing yourself. Smarten up a little. The gloomy weather of your country is responsible for the high frequency of red hair in your country. This is not of my own saying, but from scientists and geneticists who are British themselves. I guess they belong to the smart bunch!

Old 10-30-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Easthome!!! I lived in France for your information. I know French people too well, I speak French too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe