Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2016, 11:24 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
what do you think about me?
YOU are the epitome of the French girl look to me, and I admire it as anything French lol))))

Old 07-29-2016, 11:27 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,190,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
YOU are the epitome of the French girl look to me, and I admire it as anything French lol))))
lol, thank you for your response erasure.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:14 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,261,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurrdim View Post
No, I think the real contrast exists with southern France (from Lyon to Marseille). Even if nowadays it's kinda mixed there, there are more dark phenotypes and what actually represent the french stereotype (like Audrey Tautou).

In the first "half" of France, people don't look different from Belgians, English or western Germans. Lea Seydoux is a good example. Really believe me, I live there.
Well, not all people in the northern half of France does look like people from Lille. For those who do not know this, Lille is not just "northern France", it is in the extreme northernmost corner of the country. Also, Lille area is known as french flanders. It has been integrated into the french nation but its flemish (dutch) identity has not been completly erased. That is why this region of France and its people and culture can feel pretty similar to countries such as Belgium, Netherlands, England or Germany. Not all of northern France is like Lille...

I also live in the northern half of France, but much less north than Lille. From where I am, Spain is a bit closer than, say, Germany. But we still are northern France. People here are noticeably less "northern" looking than in French Flanders. Audrey Tautou's look is more frequent here than Lea Seydoux.

Last edited by french user; 07-29-2016 at 12:33 PM..

Old 07-29-2016, 12:23 PM

184 posts, read 221,736 times
I don't speak about Lille, I speak about northern France.

It's about Normandy, Alsace Lorraine, Picardy... My family comes firstly from Lorraine and Rouen.

And I'm speaking about physical features, you know ? Why are you speaking about culture ?? By the way people from Lille don't look so different from people from Normandy or Lorraine...

Someone who looks like Audrey Tautou in Normandy doesn't have a "classic look". Trust me, half of my family is from Rouen, and they look "vikings".

Stop having an obsession with my hometown. It's becoming weird.

Last edited by arthurrdim; 07-29-2016 at 12:32 PM..

Old 07-29-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
"vikings".
i just had a mental image of tall blond men with long blond beards and shiny blue eyes looking my way, oh....

Old 07-29-2016, 12:55 PM

184 posts, read 221,736 times
I can write it again if you feel something special when you read it

Old 07-29-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I can write it again if you feel something special when you read it
please do.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:05 PM

322 posts, read 478,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Who do you think you talking to lying like that? You probably met, many unknowledgeable people that's why you think people can buy into that nonsense! I am having my doubts now that you've ever been amongst Germans now. Germany pigmentation is equivalent and very comparable to the other European populations within the same latitudes not lighter. The north obviously has more of the lighter phenotypes in comparison to central and southern regions.
Jonas Kaupfmann is German.

These are some German women (those brunettes might be considered "dark" in Germany) and they are not any particularly lighter than the Northern French women, I posted earlier. Northern France is already Sub-Nordid country as is the adjacent parts of Germany. There are plenty of Germans who are of the Alpinid phenotype(brachycephalic, brown-haired, brown/hazel-eyed).

Germans again.

Redirect Notice
Joachim Low, the coach of the German National soccer team.

Dirk Bauermann, former coach of the German men's basketball team.

There are germans like Joachim low but they are very well in the minority (pigmentation wise) his looks is germanic anyways.

The guy Jonas Kaupfmann has an exotic look for anywhere in Germany, you rarely will come across a german who look like this. Germans are blonder than people in poland, thats all I know. Polish people are mousy and dark blonde haired with more people with darker brown hair, specially in carphatian region and the southern mountain areas... In germany is more common to see light/gold blond than in poland.

You can doubt whatever you want, at least I dont have the shame to claim I know more about tennesseee or wyomming than you do...

Old 07-29-2016, 01:07 PM

322 posts, read 478,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
the "problem" is that you have to "note" at all the difference, other people don't care, it's not the first thing they "notice". that's what i find creepy. good, so you won't find me good-looking and that's a relief.
He has that obsession with race because he is an american, and american media usually brainwash people to obsess with races, and labels such as "non-whites", "minorities", "white-man" , "race-traitor" etc , something europeans would never say or use on a daily basis... Americans posting in an european sub forum is like fishing in the desert...

Old 07-29-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
Americans posting in an european sub forum is like fishing in the desert...
good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe