Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 10:37 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Stalin did not know that war was inevitable with Germany.
That's the wrong perception. Hitler made his ideas very clear regarding Russia, even only in Mine Kampf ( and not only there.) You think Russians didn't have German interpreters?

Quote:
For the first 2 years of the war while Germany was waging war on other countries, the USSR was supplying Germany with much needed natural resources, food and oil.
Again you are missing the point. Russia was not "supplying Germany with food and oil" for the heck of it - it was shipping it there in exchange for heavy machinery and other technical equipment ( which helped Russians to build their own technological base and military weapons, without which they wouldn't have been able to win the war.) This exchange was going on long before the war; basically even in Soviet times Germans and Russians were doing the same thing that they were doing for centuries - trading, when other countries refused to trade with Russia and the USSR was in economic blockade.

Quote:
In the first two years of the war, the UK with a similar sized industry to Germany was being additionally supplied from the west by the USA and belligerent Germany from the east by the USSR.
Germany was "belligerent" for a good reason - the Versaille and war reparations that England ( and other allies) mounted on her, when American bankers refused to forgive the debt to the allies.
Russia and Germany on another hand cancelled all the debt to each other. ( Never mind that lavish American loans ( and British loans) later helped Germany to rebuild its military machine. ( Churchill describes it all rather well in his "The Gathering Storm.")

Quote:
The British were weary of an alliance with the USSR, Poland and France in 1939 because the Soviet wordings were too close to meaning the USSR could walk into Finland. Poland scuppered any potential deal as they refused to go into a pact with the USSR, not wanting Soviet troops on their territory.
And Russians on another hand wanted all those territories precisely because they were calculating in their mind what was coming. And what was coming was yet another war, in which Russia didn't want to be entangled, keeping in mind the state their military was in.

Quote:
The USSR did not have an alliance in 1939 only to gain time.
Of course they did.
Quote:
The USSR was seizing territory from five countries and totally submerging three. All in the German-Soviet pact of 1939.
Look at the size of Russia without those territories and all the natural resources that Russia has in Siberia alone. Do you think that Russia really "needed" all those territories? What for, when Moscow always had hard time managing the rest of the country as vast as it already was?
No, all those lands in the West were wanted for strategic reasons, because Stalin knew that the USSR was not going to be left alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 12:22 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,487,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Do you have proof that the Russian worse than the Nazis? Or do you think "Jedem das Seine"?

August 2 Russian paratroopers celebrate their professional holiday. Only a fool would go with the gayest flag at this time. But this is a good time to show off for the cameras. Banal provocation.

Yes I have a history book.

What is wrong with being gay? I think those poor little boys are little confused with their own sexuality We all know that Putler is a closet-homo but didn't know that all his troops are the same

Old 12-02-2014, 12:32 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,681 times
Bolsheviks were worse than Nazis, they were not Russian (internationalistic tovarichs).

Old 12-03-2014, 01:22 AM

16 posts, read 16,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFinn View Post
Now and then we all have "Jungle english" days but it is not problem, we can allways use "hand talking" to the screen

I know that there is lot of peoples in Russia who can see what is going on but feel very sorry that they can not fight against "Hawks of war" and that massive probaganda what is like straight from the museum of communists.
Russia have had (And still have) good change to come modern country with great future but some how leaders see conspiratys and enemies all around you...I dont understand reason but guess that there is so much old KGB/FSB men working around Putin (Who have also KGB back ground) that they are running like those who are coming from "spy-world", every one who walks next tou you can be enemy or treather.

My opinion is, on what ever country, that military or safety organizations should not be on governement or state leaders, history have shown around the world that it is not good idea...
I'll tell you why. I am Russian, live in Moscow. I can tell you the following:
Russia - a country of slaves. It was created as a nation of slaves.
The servants are not capable of creation.
Nothing good in Russia will not be! 1500 years all Russian build and build, and can not be built. And I think will never be built. I do not believe!
Anglo-Saxons built the United States, Canada, Australia, for 200-300 years. A Russian can not be 1500 years old. It's genetics. Every nation its genetic code.
Quote:
War - it is always war. War is never equitable or beautiful.
War against communism sacred !!!

Last edited by West71; 12-03-2014 at 01:57 AM..

Old 12-03-2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Stalin knew that war was inevitable. He made a pact with Hitler to gain time for the modernization of the army. You can talk that France behaved well and beautifully, while Russia is badly. But the truth is that the Soviet Union was able to protect themselves, while France was occupied.

Stalin himself was a fascist and a bloody dictator. He destroyed the Russian people more than Hitler. This indelible disgrace Russia.

All former members of the CPSU(KPSS) / KGB / NKVD and others. Should be condemned Nuremberg Tribunal №2 (about the crimes of the Soviets)

Quote:
This is not true. Most of the world does not support Western sanctions. Sanctions are imposed only by those who depend on the United States.
Do not have to flog crap! Before someone to blame, Russian should look in the mirror. People can only drink vodka. Nothing else can not.
Putin himself has imposed sanctions against his own people. ie joined the Western sanctions against Russia.
It is not necessary here to push propaganda. Patriotism - a religion rabid. Rabies is not treated. Бешенных отстреливают

Last edited by West71; 12-03-2014 at 02:10 AM..

Old 12-03-2014, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Just because you "live in Russia," that doesn't mean that you see "everything."
So I'll simply reiterate you Maxim's question;
If not Putin, who/what is the alternative for the time being?
Not only do I live in Rossii.yu I do public and political activities!
People collaborated with the Soviets, the Communist Party, the KGB and the other - do not have to run the country. The Constituent Assembly will decide who and how should govern. I believe that the office of the president in Russia is not needed. Collective management body is better for Russia.
Better yet, the external manager and transition countries on the US dollar.
If you do not see the replacement of Putin, it does not mean that it does not exist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
"Какая война???? Ты сам то где живешь? Путин развязал войну против всего мира. Я знаю что говорю Я живу в России и я вижу!!!"

I understood this one perfectly and my language is bulgarian by the way not russian, BUT let me try (sorry too lazy to use Cyrillic now):

Putin predlojil im miliardui evro, a oni net i net. Zachem oni nujnui Eu? Eto poddelka demokracia.
Zapad est zlo! i ne tolko Kanye West, a vse "west", vse "zapadnoe" lol.

i am sure my russian can be better though , putin will probably fine me...

Evil - Russia !!!! This universal evil, which prevents more than 1,000 years of humanity
that Russia saved Europe from the Turks - does not make it righteous.
Islam - is generally a separate topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
OK, I'll try to explain to you the situation; currently, there is no viable alternative figure\party on Russian political arena whom enough of people would trust and follow, even though quite few Russians are disillusioned with him, ( even in the light of the latest Ukrainian events.) So only part of Putin's constituents are his "die hard" supporters; however many vote for him as they see no one else they can trust. Therefore they consider voting for him as the "lesser evil" comparably to "offered alternatives."
All independently minded people Putin's regime imprisoned. In the elections to vote for Putin forced under threat of dismissal. If the head of the company has not kept his subordinates to vote for Putin, he throw up the drugs and put him in jail.
You claim that there is no alternative to Hitler?

Quote:
But Finland has multi-party system, with viable alternatives when it comes to programs and politicians.
Russia doesn't have it ( courtesy of the nineties. )
Russia was created as a owner country: prince, king, emperor, general secretary of the CPSU, the FSB colonel. All of them considered themselves indispensable Gods

Last edited by West71; 12-03-2014 at 02:12 AM..

Old 12-03-2014, 03:52 AM

1,398 posts, read 1,487,758 times
Ulkoministerin talvisotapuhe | Elävä arkisto |*YLE

Finland's Foreign minister gives a speech to American people about winter war in.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:14 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Stalin did not know that war was inevitable with Germany. For the first 2 years of the war while Germany was waging war on other countries, the USSR was supplying Germany with much needed natural resources, food and oil. Germany could not obtain these from the rest of the world because of the Royal Navy economic blockade. An additional agreement in 1940 was to supply even more to Germany after the Royal Navy blockade was set in place aiding even more German acts of aggression. The USSR could not supply everything - for example, Germany was desperately short of rubber. German planes in the Battle of Britain used Soviet supplied aviation fuel.

In the first two years of the war, the UK with a similar sized industry to Germany was being additionally supplied from the west by the USA and belligerent Germany from the east by the USSR.

The British were weary of an alliance with the USSR, Poland and France in 1939 because the Soviet wordings were too close to meaning the USSR could walk into Finland. Poland scuppered any potential deal as they refused to go into a pact with the USSR, not wanting Soviet troops on their territory.

The USSR did not have an alliance in 1939 only to gain time. The USSR was seizing territory from five countries and totally submerging three. All in the German-Soviet pact of 1939.
I think that Stalin understood the need for war with Hitler.
Prerequisites beginning of the war - this is a very complex topic.
At the end of the 30s Germany successfully traded with the United States, Britain and France.
We should not forget about Munich Agreement, when Britain and France was allowed Hitler to get a part of Czechoslovakia.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:18 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West71 View Post
I'll tell you why. I am Russian, live in Moscow. I can tell you the following:
Russia - a country of slaves. It was created as a nation of slaves.
The servants are not capable of creation.
Nothing good in Russia will not be! 1500 years all Russian build and build, and can not be built. And I think will never be built. I do not believe!
Anglo-Saxons built the United States, Canada, Australia, for 200-300 years. A Russian can not be 1500 years old. It's genetics. Every nation its genetic code.

War against communism sacred !!!
You simply network troll.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
You simply network troll.
This argument is familiar to me. It is used pro-Kremlin activists when they can not digest the truth.
You yourself Troll

Quote:
I think that Stalin understood the need for war with Hitler.
Prerequisites beginning of the war - this is a very complex topic.
At the end of the 30s Germany successfully traded with the United States, Britain and France.
We should not forget about Munich Agreement, when Britain and France was allowed Hitler to get a part of Czechoslovakia.

We must begin with the fact that power in Russia from 1917 was illegitimate. This power no one chose. And Stalin was illegitimate, including the head of state. He himself understood. And for this reason, made a deal with Hitler. One hand washes. Hitler was slaughtering Jews, and Stalin - Russian.

Each State should be responsible for themselves and their actions. Otherwise it as a conversation in kindergarten:
- Why did you do it?
- And he did even worse.

Last edited by West71; 12-03-2014 at 04:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe