Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 10:52 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Nah. Men should smell of sweat and gunpowder. And of course alcohol. And look like cave men. Of course adidas-sweatpants and a leather jacket is ok.
is that how you smell you wild Finnish macho?

wow

you are so scary and intimidating, what will a tropical flower like me do when confronted to such a while rough man smelling of testosterone!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 11:24 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Nah. Men should smell of sweat and gunpowder. And of course alcohol. And look like cave men. Of course adidas-sweatpants and a leather jacket is ok.
No-no. If you are giving a nod to Russians, ( again) it goes something like this; "The real man should be unshaven, drunk and slightly more intelligent than his horse."
No mentioning of "Adidas sweatpants" so loved by you.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:32 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
I thought Russian men had skinheads and smoked a lot.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:50 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
is that how you smell you wild Finnish macho?

wow

you are so scary and intimidating, what will a tropical flower like me do when confronted to such a while rough man smelling of testosterone!!!
No, I don't. I take care of myself, I smell like Versace.

But I think that's enough. It's funny for a while, but no need ruining every thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No-no. If you are giving a nod to Russians, ( again) it goes something like this; "The real man should be unshaven, drunk and slightly more intelligent than his horse."
No mentioning of "Adidas sweatpants" so loved by you.
Well, actually I was not referring to Russians but... well, everything east of Warsaw. Excluding us, of course. Which is quite funny, as the Poles are probably the most adidas in Europe.

Unshaven again... you'll see them in the hipster districts of Helsinki a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I thought Russian men had skinheads and smoked a lot.
No, no. Russians have short hair which is combed (by their hands) forward. But they do smoke a lot.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:20 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Some gay men are more like women in their behaviour, others are not, and blend in because they are not obviously gay. I do it every day. Nobody could guess my sexuality, because I look like every other man walking on the streets.

Metrosexual men - well, whatever. Men who take care of their appearance are nice.

Sure, you can be an actor, but that doesn't change the way you are or feel.

Also, don't underestimate people, a lot of people notice if a man is gay, even if they don't say anything.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:15 PM

564 posts, read 747,067 times
Strange times we're living when just saying that there are more differences between men and women apart from their genitals makes people foam with rage and jump on you like you're some kind of a bigoted, madman who wants to kill babies.

It's also strange that people just assume if you point out that differences do exist you're somehow implying we shouldn't allow women to have the same rights/opportunities/whatever.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:23 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Sure, you can be an actor, but that doesn't change the way you are or feel.

Also, don't underestimate people, a lot of people notice if a man is gay, even if they don't say anything.
I'm not being an actor. I am sexually attracted to men, but I do not act like a woman, because I am not a woman. The only thing I share with women is sexual attraction to men. Simple, no?

Old 11-10-2014, 03:51 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Northern Europe is the richest and technologically most developed region in the world. That's why there are jealous Americans pretending to be from the Netherlands starting threads about the US being better. They should learn to deal with their inferiority complex.
Yes this is correct, we are very jealous of you guys. and we hate to admit that you guys are so superior and so amazing.

Quote:
Well, I don't know many who admire England on here. Most seem to dislike it a lot.
I admire the fu-k out of England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
As I said, whether someone is a real man or not, is not a matter of someone's private parts. You can have a 20" c*ck, but be a total p*ssy
For instance I have a problem with those metrosexuals, I don't think of them as real men, and in this case I indeed do mean it in a negative way.
So what makes someone a real man?

Old 11-10-2014, 05:34 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
In every respect? Really are you sure?? I wouldn't consider the UK first world in every respect..
The U.S won't rank #1 in every respect, but my idea was that the U.S is the largest economy in the world and is a first world nation.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:55 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal8 View Post
Crash or not, historically Russia and Germany have had very strong ties.
Yeah, those love-hate relations throughout centuries - very Freudian I'd say))))

Quote:
We also share similar vision on social structures and benefits - unlike US where they artificially create social classes and elitism by limiting people access to higher education and specific jobs, both Russia and Germany have excellent free or nearly free educational systems and healthcare.
That the US "create social classes" I agree with this part, but "both Germany and Russia have excellent free or nearly free educational systems and healthcare?" What planet are you living on?

Just to bring you back on Earth- this is a thing or two about "Russian excellent healthcare,"

Спорный диагноз: Медики оÂ*реформе здравоохранен ¸Ñ вÂ*Москве — The Village — The Village — поток «Ситуация»

Petition ·

??????????? ???????????. ??????? ??????????????? ?????? ?????????? ???????? ??? ????? ????????? — ????? ????????

And as for "excellent education in Russia - it's Americanized slowly but surely.
Don't forget that Putin is all about money. Not unlike the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe