Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 02:04 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Milan would definitely be part of the ghetto pizza category That doesn't mean that their pizza is inedible, but it's fairly obvious that they only use the cheapest ingredients. As in: Holy shit, that can't be ham. I'm cool with that as long as the pizza is cheaper than at other places. Also, these places are the only ones offering kebab pizza, which is nice every once in a while.

Better places (~10€) would use this ham instead of that ham and some cheap mozzarella instead of this cheese.
Got it. Yes, I thought about ingredients. Actually, we had a bit of a stir in the tabloids last week, as the "ham" used in many pizza places weren't ham, but turkey and some terrible beef mixed, and that is really ghetto. The excuse was that ham isn't Halal.

But I would say Milan is on the better end of the ghetto category. The other end is as you said, "can't be ham", and the quality varies from day to day and cook to cook. But hey, who wouldn't want to live dangerous?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 02:22 AM

73 posts, read 156,369 times
For those of you interested, next Saturday is the "ecopop" vote where they want to restrict immigration even further to no more than 0.2% per year of the current population. They already had a similar vote (though not as extreme) which narrowly passed on the 9th of February this year. The Swiss government is very concerned and urging people not to vote for ecopop.

If this vote were to pass (and it looks to be very close), that will be the end of the Swiss economy. Switzerland depends on foreigners and international companies for its economy. If the vote passes most of the international companies will leave and go elsewhere, because they won't be able to employ enough staff with required skills.

This isn't even factoring in the consequences of how the EU will react with the bilateral agreements.

So basically the future of Switzerland lies in this vote next Saturday. I have a feeling the Swiss will end up destroying themselves out of xenophobia and racism.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:35 AM

73 posts, read 156,369 times
These are the sort of racist/xenophobic posters you commonly see around Switzerland when they are doing their anti-immigration votes (seems to happen often). In almost every other country this would be illegal!

Old 11-23-2014, 03:27 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,279,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sigh. I guess I'll have to post the menu for the Pizza Hut in Darmstadt, Germany TODAY.
Pizza Hut is indeed pretty expensive in Germany, just like many other imported American things. Just go to a local, Italian restaurant and you're not only going to find cheaper, but also much better pizza. Going to Pizza Hut is not worth it, in my opinion. It also seems like Pizza Hut in Europe is very different from Pizza Hut in the US.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:03 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTJ View Post
For those of you interested, next Saturday is the "ecopop" vote where they want to restrict immigration even further to no more than 0.2% per year of the current population. They already had a similar vote (though not as extreme) which narrowly passed on the 9th of February this year. The Swiss government is very concerned and urging people not to vote for ecopop.

If this vote were to pass (and it looks to be very close), that will be the end of the Swiss economy. Switzerland depends on foreigners and international companies for its economy. If the vote passes most of the international companies will leave and go elsewhere, because they won't be able to employ enough staff with required skills.

This isn't even factoring in the consequences of how the EU will react with the bilateral agreements.

So basically the future of Switzerland lies in this vote next Saturday. I have a feeling the Swiss will end up destroying themselves out of xenophobia and racism.
If they are willing to take a hit on their living standards, let them. If they are so against immigration it's their right, their country.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
If they are willing to take a hit on their living standards, let them. If they are so against immigration it's their right, their country.
Well, look how the immigrants behave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HolkgvpKghg

Old 11-23-2014, 04:19 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well, look how the immigrants behave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HolkgvpKghg

What does this tell about the Finnish police? Bunch of pu**ies

I will never ask for a lawyer in Finland though

Old 11-23-2014, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post

What does this tell about the Finnish police? Bunch of pu**ies

I will never ask for a lawyer in Finland though
Yes, the man was a bit too fierce for those officers. Well, it's soon independence day, so let's see how they handle the anarchists then. Can't wait to see some hippies getting the baton.

Asking for a lawyer is probably not a good idea, cops prefer to handle the things on the spot, and I'm sure that you can talk yourself out of the situation. At least don't start the conversation by "why Finland police fu** Estonia".

Old 11-23-2014, 04:59 AM

319 posts, read 395,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTJ View Post

Well a lot of countries in Europe are xenophobic, you just don't see it as much. At least the Swiss are being open and honest. I don't agree with them, but hey it is their country. They are so full of themselves and I wouldn't consider living there, but that wont make the country less gorgeous as it is simply one of the most beautiful places to see.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
So, how large are the large pizzas?

A really cheap pizza from a ghetto place costs 5/6€, from a fairly standard place 10€ and from an "upscale" place 14/15€. Pizza Hut's normal pizza costs 10€. Which is still a lot for fast food pizza, but I guess that's the price you have to pay for a slice of home?
I posted the menu. The average price of a large Pizza Hut pizza in Darmstadt, Germany (I have no idea if the prices are standard everywhere) is significantly higher than 10 Euros. There are a few at 10,90 but most of them are 15,40. Cheesy crusts are 18,40 to 20,40. By the way, for comparison (so you can see the sticker shock for an American) that comes to a bit over $19 to $25.28. For ONE PIZZA????? My gosh!
http://www.pizzahut.de/fileadmin/dat...ten/575_de.pdf

The very same pizza in my town costs $12.99 - 10,48 Euros.
https://order.pizzahut.com/locations/texas/tyler/011493

So yes, "a slice of home" is apparently very expensive (and it wasn't worth it to me - I only ate there the one time and vowed never to darken their door again!).

You asked, by the way, how large the large pizzas are. Not sure where you're talking about. Since I was in a state of shock on my one trip to a Pizza Hut in Germany, I really don't recall. I can tell you that here, a large pizza at PH is 14" in diameter. http://www.pizzahut.com/assets/w/nut...INAL111314.pdf

I know we're beating a dead horse here, by the way. LOL we're talking about current prices of pizza in Germany grousing about prices in Switzerland but...I think most people know that Switzerland's prices are extremely high - and would generally be higher than in Germany. In fact...let's just look!....

Oh, my....no Pizza Huts in Switzerland.
Pizza Hut Switzerland packs up its bags | neurope.eu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe