Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 03:51 PM

16 posts, read 24,887 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My Husband, son and myself just found out that we will be able to move to the Netherlands under the DAFT Treaty next July!

Now, we have the 4500 euros...and all the other documents, except for a place to live!

Looking online, I realize we cannot use Airbnb because, that address wont be registered under our names So, my question is, what other places can we look at for apartments to rent? Also, we do not have good creit, so I am not sure if places check your credit or not. Just trying to find places and am having no luck as what I've been searching, some places want you to have an address already over there to rent from them.

Also, with the DAFT Treaty, it says we need insurance, but everywhere I have read says we can get it after we register? As, we will be able to get Netherlands Insurance?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 04:29 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,932,579 times
Look for rentals at funda.nl

You must get health insurance if you live in the Netherlands, it costs around 100 euros per month per person and most of it will be refunded if you are low income. Children until 18 are insured without cost.

Never heard of DAFT, btw.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:35 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAFT_(treaty).

Old 11-25-2014, 05:00 PM

Thanks for all the information!

DAFT is where Americans can go over to the Netherlands and open up/run a business so they can get a visa there. It's pretty sweet, just...trying to gather up all of the information that I can find and everywhere on the internet says something different, lol

Do you know if Zoek huizen en appartementen te koop in Nederland [funda] uses credit?? We can of course pay a security deposit, and first month and whatever else, just wondering, as our credit sucks...though I've read, credit is based on other things there.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:07 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacyloot14 View Post
Thanks for all the information!

DAFT is where Americans can go over to the Netherlands and open up/run a business so they can get a visa there. It's pretty sweet, just...trying to gather up all of the information that I can find and everywhere on the internet says something different, lol

Do you know if Zoek huizen en appartementen te koop in Nederland [funda] uses credit?? We can of course pay a security deposit, and first month and whatever else, just wondering, as our credit sucks...though I've read, credit is based on other things there.
Those are apartments for sale, not rent.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:09 PM

Oh... hmmm... lol we were looking for places to rent at first.

and sorry I meant to write...Do you know if funda.nl uses credit??***

Old 11-25-2014, 10:44 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,039 times
Quote:
Oh... hmmm... lol we were looking for places to rent at first.

and sorry I meant to write...Do you know if funda.nl uses credit??***
Hi, credit score or points (whatever you call it in america) is not used at all in the netherlands. In fact it's the other way around. They will look at your monthly income and if you have too much credit, you will not be able to buy something, and renting will get harder because they don't trust you can come up with the money every mont.
According to DAFT rules the 4500 euro has to be invested in the busines you start in the netherlands. Besides that, do you have money to survive the first months? I'd make sure to have at least 10.000 euro to survive the first six months.
If you don't have an official adress in the Netherlands it will be hard. Best bet is on the private market. There's a lot on 2nd hand sites like Marktplaats or Speurders ≥ Huizen en Kamers te huur - Marktplaats.nl

Or just google "huis te huur in .....cityname......" Translate whatever you search for in dutch, and then google it.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Hi, credit score or points (whatever you call it in america) is not used at all in the netherlands. In fact it's the other way around. They will look at your monthly income and if you have too much credit, you will not be able to buy something, and renting will get harder because they don't trust you can come up with the money every mont.
According to DAFT rules the 4500 euro has to be invested in the busines you start in the netherlands. Besides that, do you have money to survive the first months? I'd make sure to have at least 10.000 euro to survive the first six months.
If you don't have an official adress in the Netherlands it will be hard. Best bet is on the private market. There's a lot on 2nd hand sites like Marktplaats or Speurders ≥ Huizen en Kamers te huur - Marktplaats.nl

Or just google "huis te huur in .....cityname......" Translate whatever you search for in dutch, and then google it.
Thank you so much for all this information! I will look into it! Great to know credit score isn't counted towards it! We have the initial investment, plus, we already run the business from here, so we will have income the whole time we are there.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:48 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for all this information! I will look into it! Great to know credit score isn't counted towards it! We have the initial investment, plus, we already run the business from here, so we will have income the whole time we are there.
Immigration authorities may want to see that you have enough money to get by the first few months, even if your business is ongoing. Maybe with DAFT it's easier, but entering some countries, you have to show cash or a current bank statement to prove that you have money to live on (in addition to the investment amount required).

Old 11-26-2014, 12:42 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,039 times
You need a minimum of €1614,82 before taxes. here's a link to the dutch IND requirements
https://www.ind.nl/particulier/famil...s/default.aspx

You have to be able to prove you make this monthly for the past x years. For Dutch citizens it is for the past 5 years if you for instance are self employed and want to buy a house. Don't know how many years it is for foreigners.

Here's the official form for imigration https://ind.nl/documents/7029.pdf on this site is a lot of information.

All questions that are asked in this document have to be proved by you, by officially legalized documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe