Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 01:34 PM

18 posts, read 16,547 times

Advertisements

In early 1980s all USSR rock bands were "underground", so it means nothing. DDT is completely mainstream since early 90s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 01:37 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience_Ed View Post
In early 1980s all USSR rock bands were "underground", so it means nothing. DDT is completely mainstream since early 90s.
The "underground" is the terminology of the Soviet times, not the 90ies))))
I was talking about the SOVIET times. Ha-ha.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:17 PM

1,100 posts, read 1,214,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
By the way, the Finns sing serious songs? About the war, about friendship, about certain events... For еxample:
No, we dont have songs concerning war and friendship.
War is ugly business and not worth of songs and mostly we think that if some one is doing war songs, he is first guy who will run out from battle and leave fighting for others...Thats why no one here is doing war songs.
True friendship is not singing songs, it is totally something else, example that if your fellow citizen dies on battle, for sure he knows that every one is doing what ever they can that corpse can be sended to the family.

No one will not left behind if possible.
There is still several finnish grews seeking the corpses(What is left) of our soldiers from old battle fields, 75 years after war.
These soldiers deserve to be lay on rest to the their family grave.
So this is nation wide friendship, not some song how some one like to be hero on battle...he will not be,those who are singing that they will not be afraid are dangerous persons for others because only self controlled dread makes heros.
Due the war all finns was very suprised that russians were not intrested to take care of dead soldiers of their own, they left corpses of fellow citizens behind, they did not even try....And that shows what was friendship to russians.

Sure we have some song writers who are making songs from true life, inclunding such issues like car crash, drinking too much, unemployment, etc. etc.
Most famous was Göstä Sundqvist(R.I.P) and His band "Leevi and the Leavings" and "Juice Leskinen" (R.I.P) has done hundreds of songs, loved by all finns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ2En2B2uVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHS7Z6jyFik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH2tg_BiMT8

Old 12-22-2014, 11:57 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFinn View Post
No, we dont have songs concerning war and friendship.
War is ugly business and not worth of songs and mostly we think that if some one is doing war songs, he is first guy who will run out from battle and leave fighting for others...Thats why no one here is doing war songs.
True friendship is not singing songs, it is totally something else, example that if your fellow citizen dies on battle, for sure he knows that every one is doing what ever they can that corpse can be sended to the family.
Poems and songs - is a means of expression of thought. If you have an idea, you can express it through songs and poems. Any idea. Lyrics - is the maximum use of language features. Maximum use of intelligence. When a man remembers good poetry, he fights better.

Quote:
No one will not left behind if possible.
There is still several finnish grews seeking the corpses(What is left) of our soldiers from old battle fields, 75 years after war.
These soldiers deserve to be lay on rest to the their family grave.
So this is nation wide friendship, not some song how some one like to be hero on battle...he will not be,those who are singing that they will not be afraid are dangerous persons for others because only self controlled dread makes heros.
Due the war all finns was very suprised that russians were not intrested to take care of dead soldiers of their own, they left corpses of fellow citizens behind, they did not even try....And that shows what was friendship to russians.
Russian people also organize the burial of dead soldiers. There are a large number of search units, is done a lot of work. Russian understand that many soldiers remained lying in the ground. But this problem can not be resolved, because the soldiers too much.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

By the way, this problem is reflected in modern poems and songs. For example, Rasteryaev wrote very strong verses on this theme. He connects past and present.

http://youtu.be/gOneeGw2pQg

(Translation is not my)
Ribbon of Saint George

Spoiler

A spring forest is flying-by behind the windows.
I am riding a Leningrad suburban train.
A little girl is sitting across from me.
She has Ribbon of Saint George in her braid.

Today one can wear this ribbon
On one's handbag, or in the form of a brooch,
But I remember clearly without the ribbons
How my grandma never threw away the breadcrumbs.

We hear a lot of superfluous words on Victory Day,
But this syrupy unctuousness is not very much believed
By those who at the age of ten had to sustain
Themselves mainly on carpenter's glue.

The passage of time multiplies everything by zero
And replaces one generation by another, so that...
The extenuated pain of the war shows up
Only as a spring exacerbation.

Many circle around this pain
Like crows and seagulls.
As if they want to snatch their very own piece
Of the concrete heroic blockade

I am riding the train and looking at it all:
Through the window, at the little girl with her beautiful eyes,
But behind the window those soldiers lie
And sprout as new forests.

I am passing through the ominous places,
Where a person is the main treasure beneath the soil,
Where soldiers lie since the war
With the density of three per square meter.

Steps and voices are heard there...
And odd lights are seen on the swamps.
Shadows sing to you during the night
As if they ask and want something:

"Dig me out pal. I'm Alexandr Vershinin,
The fifth mortar regiment. I'm from Ryazan.
You've seen a lot of versions about soldiers in the movies.
Now you will listen to mine; bet it'll be more interesting."

So they start to tell their tales
In the language of moans and unfinished thoughts.
You want to run away, but again they glimmer
Just ahead between pine trees.

"Hurry to dig me out, I beg you again.
I'm Sregey Morshannokov, born near Pskov.
Pass my address to my home village:
It's the 18th grid square, the black shell hole."

Then everything will roar and fly somewhere at dawn,
And then push forward on the machine gun, with bayonets and cursing;
And trees are all uprooted down: roots growing upwards...
At this glorious battle place of crime

It is a miraculous place. Forests are like in fairy tales:
Step on a bump, look at it, this is a helmet.
Dig a little deeper and you find a pot and a spoon.
But above all of this cloudberries just grow.

The month of May is in its full bloom and beauty.
The train is approaching the Apraksin Station.
А gaggle of geese is in the sky. Summer will soon come.
The little girl is fixing the ribbon in her braid.

Quote:
Sure we have some song writers who are making songs from true life, inclunding such issues like car crash, drinking too much, unemployment, etc. etc.
Most famous was Göstä Sundqvist(R.I.P) and His band "Leevi and the Leavings" and "Juice Leskinen" (R.I.P) has done hundreds of songs, loved by all finns.
Nice songs.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:18 PM

All a happy New Year!

http://youtu.be/pPi25XWHWWs

Old 07-04-2015, 12:58 AM

Show must go on!

Finns denied entry to the Russian representative of the OSCE, session will take place without representatives of Russia (an additional question: OSCE ceases to be an independent international organization or not?). Russian deputies propose to introduce sanctions against Finland: export restriction wood.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:12 AM

1,398 posts, read 1,487,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Show must go on!

Finns denied entry to the Russian representative of the OSCE, session will take place without representatives of Russia (an additional question: OSCE ceases to be an independent international organization or not?). Russian deputies propose to introduce sanctions against Finland: export restriction wood.
Russian parliament has what, like 450 members? For some reason they insisted on sending only people who are on EU's sanction list Including Crimea's "governor" Russia's little games are so laughable.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
Russian parliament has what, like 450 members? For some reason they insisted on sending only people who are on EU's sanction list Including Crimea's "governor" Russia's little games are so laughable.
You can invent all sorts of reasons. But the fact is "Russia was not admitted to the session of the OSCE"!
Prevent entrance objectionable people - this is a good solution. As comrade Stalin said: "Person exists - problem exists. Person disappears - problem disappears".

Old 07-04-2015, 01:48 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,562 times
As far as I know, only 6 out of 16 people were denied entrance to Finland due to them being on the EU blacklist but the other people then said: Fck it, and left altogether. It's obvious Russia seeks for a reason to punish Finland even more. Why else would they have sent people, who are not allowed to enter the EU?

Old 07-04-2015, 01:49 AM

You have imposed sanctions. You do not allowed Russians to come. Russia is to blame. Ok.
But it is interesting how Europe plans to deal with security issues without Russia? Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe