Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 09:28 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Non-profit organizations should be included in the register of foreign agents, if they have the funding from abroad. Organizations do not become illegal in this case, they can continue their activities.
They can "continue their activities in the name only.
No, they do not become "illegal," but they become listed as a "foreign agent" and the kind of "close attention" and "supervision" that they get, with constant "financial reports" not to say direct threats imprisonment for their managements described here- of course many of them will be forced to close.

Quote:
You can follow the news about this law is possible here:
Говорит Москва
I did. And that's precisely what I see - the non-government human rights organizations, organizations with the plight against the torture, the Helsinky group and even Dynasty ( which deals with education in Russia) refused being labeled as "foreign agent" or simply self-liquidated in a process and for a good reason. I can't blame them.

Last edited by erasure; 07-09-2015 at 10:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
"System of the West" Let me assure you that most parties in Finland work with very little funding outside of that governement grant I meantioned.

Let me give you an example:

This is in Finnish but you get the clue.

This party got 8,53 % of the votes in the latest election. They used 337k€ in total. 275k€ came from the governement and on top of that they took a loan of 80k€. 4k€ came from private funders... So please explain me once how this "system of the West" works
I'm sorry but Finland is a former colony of Sweden, so whatever "Western system" was imposed there, it was imposed by a different country and was preserved in Finland by the grace of tzardom of Russia.
So really, Finland doesn't count in this respect. Sweden does.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:19 AM

1,100 posts, read 1,214,998 times
Quote:

Can you give examples?
I dont waste my time to write any examples because I know your answer: Probaganda!

Old 07-10-2015, 03:30 AM

1,100 posts, read 1,214,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I'm sorry but Finland is a former colony of Sweden, so whatever "Western system" was imposed there, it was imposed by a different country and was preserved in Finland by the grace of tzardom of Russia.

So you mean that because history of Sweden and russian tzar, for ordinary citizen it is impossible to create political party in Finland with out huge funds...?

Old 07-10-2015, 05:21 AM

1,398 posts, read 1,487,758 times
Quote:
Yes, there was democracy in Finland during the Sweden and Russia. You are perfectly correct once again

I just gave you hard data on how you were wrong about that funding thing, yet you answer with a straw man Nice argumenting bro

Old 07-10-2015, 05:47 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFinn View Post
I dont waste my time to write any examples because I know your answer: Probaganda!
No, it's not my answer. You can continue to write bad things about the Russians without concrete facts.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:54 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
I did. And that's precisely what I see - the non-government human rights organizations, organizations with the plight against the torture, the Helsinky group and even Dynasty ( which deals with education in Russia) refused being labeled as "foreign agent" or simply self-liquidated in a process and for a good reason. I can't blame them.
Many believe that these reasons are not good enough. Requirements of the law seem quite reasonable.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFinn View Post

So you mean that because history of Sweden and russian tzar, for ordinary citizen it is impossible to create political party in Finland with out huge funds...?
To "create" is not a problem, but to make it function - yes, that takes funds.
However this is not exactly what I was talking about. I was talking about the roots of democratic institutions in Western countries, how they came about initially, and later - why Finland is not exactly on the top list when it comes to the roots of modern democracy.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:01 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
To "create" is not a problem, but to make it function - yes, that takes funds.
However this is not exactly what I was talking about. I was talking about the roots of democratic institutions in Western countries, how they came about initially, and later - why Finland is not exactly on the top list when it comes to the roots of modern democracy.
Well, 1st in universal suffrage in Europe. How about roots there?

Old 07-11-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Many believe that these reasons are not good enough. Requirements of the law seem quite reasonable.
No, it's quite understandable why many non-government organizations refuse to register as "foreign agent" and prefer to close down ( that's why I've used the expression that they close down "for a good reason.")
While I DO understand why Russians support these kind of laws under the circumstances, it doesn't change the fact that social/political/cultural life in Russia doesn't take a big hit with all the organizations with opposing ( to government) views are ostracized and announced as "hostile" to Russia, just because the don't toe the ruling "party line." ( Take a note how shrewdly Putin's cronies unify the well-being of Putin's government with well-being of Russia as one inseparable thing, which is really not a case.)
The law of "foreign agent" created by "United Russia" that targets any potential dissent in the country is claimed to be similar of that in the US, while in reality it's far more consistent with similar laws in third world countries than in the US or any Western country.

https://www.asi.org.ru/inostrannoe-finansirovanie/

And that's why it turns Russia more and more into one.

https://news.mail.ru/society/22160876/?idc=1

https://news.mail.ru/reference/48425/

Therefore the only logical resolution I see under the circumstances is that Putin must go, yet on another hand, in order to prevent any foreign involvement in internal Russian affairs ( which, granted - some NGOs sponsored by foreign funds DO promote) - well the only solution to that I see is the replacement of Putin by the nationalists. And quite possible that one of these people capable of taking charge of the country is one of Putin's associates, currently already working in the government.

Last edited by erasure; 07-11-2015 at 01:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe