Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 10:44 AM

451 posts, read 1,324,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
Taiwan..for it s latitude.. Is quite cloudy.
Also Taiwan and southern china were colonized not so much back in time
As well as Philippines. Philipinos are still light skinned., but they live at equator.. Eventually evolution will bring them to look like subsaharian Africans

See the prehistoric population of south east Asia: Negritos (today few groups survived and unabsorbed) prior to the arrival of East Asian colonizers from the north.

Still japaneses are a bit fairer of skin than chineses for example.

Japan gets Italian to Central European solar irradiance. But still japaneses aren depigmented on hair color (all are uniformly black haired; not dark brown haired like the majority of Italians; dark brown hair is also quite common in North Africa and the Middle East)
Most Taiwanese are descendants from people from Southern China which is roughly the same latitude as Taiwan. I would have to partially disagree with the statement that Southern China was colonized recently. People have been living there for thousands of years. But, the Southern Chinese are actually a mix of people from Northern China who intermarried with the Southern Chinese natives- hence there is that gene that also came partially from Northern China also. But, still among East Asians, I would say, on average, the Japanese and the Koreans are the fairest-many times just as fair as Europeans and even fairer than some other Europeans.

In terms of Japanese still having dark hair like many Italians, I think it is because all Japanese and many Italians do not have that genetic mutation the help produce blond hair and blue eyes. You also wonder why Eskimos don't have blond hair like Scandinavians as many live as far north as each other. I've heard any interesting theory. Blond hair came as an adaptation to the cloudy climate to protect against Vitamin D deficiencies. Scandinavians were supposedly largely wheat farmers and had diets poor in Vitamin D and hence their body had to adapt and produce less melanin to absorb as much sun as possible to protect against Vitamin D deficiencies and rickets. Why the Eskimos had diets rich in Vitamin D- they eat lots of fish, etc.

I do agree Taiwan and Southern China has a fairly cloudy climate compared to other regions with the same latitude.

And yes, prior to the southern Mongoloid people in Southeast Asia, Southeast Asia had negritos living there.

Your comment re: lighter skin people living in southern latitudes eventually getting darker again probably could apply to Australians (the non-aboriginal Australians). As the present population is largely descendant of Europeans, but Australia, in general, has a sunnier climate than much of Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 11:31 AM

662 posts, read 1,007,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twnxn View Post
Most Taiwanese are descendants from people from Southern China which is roughly the same latitude as Taiwan. I would have to partially disagree with the statement that Southern China was colonized recently. People have been living there for thousands of years. But, the Southern Chinese are actually a mix of people from Northern China who intermarried with the Southern Chinese natives- hence there is that gene that also came partially from Northern China also. But, still among East Asians, I would say, on average, the Japanese and the Koreans are the fairest-many times just as fair as Europeans and even fairer than some other Europeans.

In terms of Japanese still having dark hair like many Italians, I think it is because all Japanese and many Italians do not have that genetic mutation the help produce blond hair and blue eyes. You also wonder why Eskimos don't have blond hair like Scandinavians as many live as far north as each other. I've heard any interesting theory. Blond hair came as an adaptation to the cloudy climate to protect against Vitamin D deficiencies. Scandinavians were supposedly largely wheat farmers and had diets poor in Vitamin D and hence their body had to adapt and produce less melanin to absorb as much sun as possible to protect against Vitamin D deficiencies and rickets. Why the Eskimos had diets rich in Vitamin D- they eat lots of fish, etc.

I do agree Taiwan and Southern China has a fairly cloudy climate compared to other regions with the same latitude.

And yes, prior to the southern Mongoloid people in Southeast Asia, Southeast Asia had negritos living there.

Your comment re: lighter skin people living in southern latitudes eventually getting darker again probably could apply to Australians (the non-aboriginal Australians). As the present population is largely descendant of Europeans, but Australia, in general, has a sunnier climate than much of Europe.
No..Italians are majority dark brown..not black. Actually black hair is quite rare.
While all East Asians have black hair. Comprised the japaneses.

East Asian people as well as Amerindians descend from Eskimo like people.
Ice don t melt near the pole in summer.. And they get many reflected radiation on ice. This radiation is huge to have them skin type III and black hair.

While you find brown hair in southern europe.. And a dark brown tone of hair too in North Africa. East Asian hair are different from those you find in Southern Europe.
Although yes.. We may have too black hair.. Or very dark brown that seems black

Old 02-12-2015, 11:42 AM

Althought..Japaneses for me will evolve in to dark brown hair..like majority of Italians.

But I don't know how much it takes

Old 02-12-2015, 11:43 AM

Filipinos and Indonesians will evolve with black skin like subsaharian africans

Old 02-12-2015, 11:58 AM

This is how we are. More or less.

Japaneses could evolve like this.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:08 PM

When did Asian like people descended in china?

From where chineses comes from? Mongolia? Russia? From wich steppes do they come from?

Old 02-12-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
No..Italians are majority dark brown..not black. Actually black hair is quite rare.
While all East Asians have black hair. Comprised the japaneses.

East Asian people as well as Amerindians descend from Eskimo like people.
Ice don t melt near the pole in summer.. And they get many reflected radiation on ice. This radiation is huge to have them skin type III and black hair.

While you find brown hair in southern europe.. And a dark brown tone of hair too in North Africa. East Asian hair are different from those you find in Southern Europe.
Although yes.. We may have too black hair.. Or very dark brown that seems black

I know we are deviating from your original post about what latitude we live in. I guess this stem from while people from the same latitude have different complexion and appearance. In terms of East Asian's hair, Est Asian have a genetic mutation called EDAR which Europeans do not have which can also explain the texture difference in the hair as well as some other features. See: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/sc...evel.html?_r=0

Old 02-12-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
When did Asian like people descended in china?

From where chineses comes from? Mongolia? Russia? From wich steppes do they come from?
This is a loaded question, but based on DNA, they have have actually come from Southeast Asia, then India, then Arabian Peninsula then from East Africa before that. This may be based on studying genetic diversity.

East Asian and Europeans have a common ancestor somewhere in Eurasia before splitting off some 40,000 years ago (as what I have read).

Old 02-12-2015, 06:01 PM

That is interesting

And from wich place East Asian originated? Some say the North Pole where Eskimos live
?? But other places??

And for example.. East Asians seems an original adaption to cold-continue ice environment

Old 02-12-2015, 06:09 PM

Probably thicker hair has it a meaning with ice..maybe it proyecto better the head go the cold of the ice in contact with the head ??

Also i ve noticed..and it s confirmed that East Asians grow quicklier nails as well as hair.

Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe