Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 06:13 PM

662 posts, read 1,007,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twnxn View Post
This is a loaded question, but based on DNA, they have have actually come from Southeast Asia, then India, then Arabian Peninsula then from East Africa before that. This may be based on studying genetic diversity.

East Asian and Europeans have a common ancestor somewhere in Eurasia before splitting off some 40,000 years ago (as what I have read).
Yes . But the evolution of distinctive East Asian traits where did it occurred??
Siberia?? Mongolia?? It seems a cold place of continuous ice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 06:20 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,174 times
Julia people don't ''evolve'' evolving means changing into ANOTHER SPECIES East Asians and Europeans are the same species...

Old 02-12-2015, 06:38 PM

? Evolve is climate adaption.. Liking it or not. East Asian evolved traits fitted with an annual ice environment

Old 02-13-2015, 10:54 AM

451 posts, read 1,323,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
Yes . But the evolution of distinctive East Asian traits where did it occurred??
Siberia?? Mongolia?? It seems a cold place of continuous ice
Where did the East Asian feature come from or first appear? Again, this is all speculation. I know, again we are deviating from your original post about what latitude we live in (in relation to Europe). I don’t think they came from Eskimos. I have read up on this subject in various places.
I personally believe it first appeared in Southeast Asia, then the feature further developed in East Asia somewhere perhaps in China. There is something called Sundadont and Sindodont-that has something to do with the jaws and teeth that are unique to people in Southeast Asia and East Asia. (See: Sinodonty and Sundadonty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) I think it may relate also the skull formation. In general, East Asians have higher checkbones, lower nose bridges compared to Europeans who have narrower faces, higher nose bridges and pointer or stronger chins.
It has been speculated East Asians came from Southeast Asia. The Sundadont (dental type) first appeared there. The name comes of Sundaland (See: Sundaland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) which was the landmass of Southeast Asia when sea levels were lower. While Sindodont (literally means “Chinese teeth”). The Sundadont features appeared first, then when people migrated to East Asia, the Sindodont features emerge out of the Sundadont. There is evidence the Sundadont feature is older than the Sindodont. This may correspond to Proto Mongoloid features which came earlier than the Neo Mongoloid features which is more predominate among the Chinese, Japanese (though the Ainu people of Japan are more Proto or Paleo Mongoloid), Koreans. (See: Mongoloid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) The Neo Mongoloid feature may have developed from the Proto Mongoloid and deviate due to climate (Neo-Mongoloid features may be more cold adapted than the earlier Mongoloid from Southeast Asia), environment, genetic drift/mutation, and sexual selection (e.g., some males may have thought the Neo Mongoloid feature were attractive and chose mates with those features- further spreading the population- I have heard something similar regarding blond hair in Europeans- it first appeared via a mutation, but then further spread because some people thought those features were attractive and choosing mates with that). There is also something called neoteny which developed in East Asians which I am not sure why that developed-neoteny may results in a more youthful appearance- larger heads, smaller nose, higher cheekbones). (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoteny)-  read that article as it has some interesting theories.
Ok, sorry for deviating from the original subject, but responding to your question. Perhaps you can also post your questions on the Asia section of this forum.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:20 AM

All features can be found in Africa among a tribe in South-Eastern Africa.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:25 AM

^?? No

Old 02-13-2015, 12:50 PM

Yes...

The Almond shaped eyes isn't unique to Asians it can be found in Africa among some ethnic groups same with the blond hair gene, a Nigerian mother gave birth to a blue eyed, blond eyes baby.

Those genes are embedded in Africans, when Homo Sapiens migrated out of Africa around 70,000 years ago some traits were more useful than others, those traits didn't ''evolve'' evolving means evolving means mutating we didn't mutant!

Old 02-13-2015, 01:27 PM

451 posts, read 1,323,621 times
True, the San people in Africa supposedly one of the oldest people in the world (having the most genetic diversity among people around the world) have "almond shaped eyes" See: San people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia where you can view photos of them.

In terms of blond hair or blue eyes-yes they are not unique to Europeans. However, the SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) that gave rise to it in Europeans are different from say people from Papua New Guinea or the Australian aborigines. They arose independently of each other, but I do agree with your point that since Africans such as the San people have the most genetic diversity-these traits were in them genetically and would give rise when people migrated out of Africa due to various conditions. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=blon...w=1280&bih=891

There are also reported some people in Afghanistan with light color eyes, but I think they are partially descendant of the Eurasian group of people who gave rise to Europeans

There are Mongolians and Kazakh people with green eyes with seemingly Mongol features. I believe they may have some mix, as they are close to the Silk Road. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=mong...w=1280&bih=891

Old 02-13-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twnxn View Post
True, the San people in Africa supposedly one of the oldest people in the world (having the most genetic diversity among people around the world) have "almond shaped eyes" See: San people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia where you can view photos of them.

In terms of blond hair or blue eyes-yes they are not unique to Europeans. However, the SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) that gave rise to it in Europeans are different from say people from Papua New Guinea or the Australian aborigines. They arose independently of each other, but I do agree with your point that since Africans such as the San people have the most genetic diversity-these traits were in them genetically and would give rise when people migrated out of Africa due to various conditions. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=blon...w=1280&bih=891

There are also reported some people in Afghanistan with light color eyes, but I think they are partially descendant of the Eurasian group of people who gave rise to Europeans

There are Mongolians and Kazakh people with green eyes with seemingly Mongol features. I believe they may have some mix, as they are close to the Silk Road. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=mong...w=1280&bih=891
Thank you this was my point.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:53 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,060,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Cities with a population of more than 100,000 people:

Norilsk 69N
Murmansk 68N
Arkhangelsk 64N
100,000 is a town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe