Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 04:11 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
that is ridiculous, if you read about colombia you'll see we're pretty much one people, with not much foreign influence!!!

where would those girls be southern european? they look nothing like italian or spain people! I went to spain and italy and portugal and everyone realized I was foreign, I do not look european!
You may not look European to some but to ME those first pics of those women look EUROPEAN simply!

You are aware Colombians have a lot of EUROPEANS IN THE BORDERS, RIGHT OR DO YOU THINK ITS JUST AMERINDIANS AND AFRICANS???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 04:15 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
You may not look European to some but to ME those first pics of those women look EUROPEAN simply!

You are aware Colombians have a lot of EUROPEANS IN THE BORDERS, RIGHT OR DO YOU THINK ITS JUST AMERINDIANS AND AFRICANS???
Hell, her ex president looks nothing like what is portraying Colombians to look like

Old 01-25-2015, 06:00 PM

662 posts, read 1,007,779 times
From the fotos colombian are an equal mix of genes from all the major "races of the world".. "Caucasian" "amerindian" "black" with owerhelming "caucasian of european" stock.

Those she posted look ed for the most part european looking

Old 01-25-2015, 06:03 PM

Those Who recently arrived in europe have to understand that se have our own beauty idea, or beauty culture let s Say better. Me and most italian preferring white skin sexually isn t a discriminacion. It was the common features of my people pre globalizacion, with an healthy mix of various hair colore (thought dark brown dominating) in our population.
With skin type ranging from II to IV

I M sexually dei en by skin type II and III.. I like dark brown guys to blonde guys mostly.. I don't like olivish skin and extreme mediterranean type much..as this features are a commong thing for me..Being my dad and brother like that. So it a normal i don't play attendino to most immigrants. Maybe just maybe as i ve sayed i could only consider light skinned black men.

But immigrants such indians, pakistanis, peruvians, chineses don't attracted me. If i go exotic i go with a true exotic for me (the other posted aren't exotic..Because my father Is quite dark olivish.. And he a ethnic italian) ..and thats black guys.

But i like more light skinned italians.

Here the chineses, Asians, amerindian part doesn t play much..Because italians don't see black bar as exhitic..se have planty of italian like that.. The exotic for us Is central or northern europeans.. And outsider europe black people.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
Those Who recently arrived in europe have to understand that se have our own beauty idea, or beauty culture let s Say better. Me and most italian preferring white skin sexually isn t a discriminacion. It was the common features of my people pre globalizacion, with an healthy mix of various hair colore (thought dark brown dominating) in our population.
With skin type ranging from II to IV
But immigrants such indians, pakistanis, peruvians, chineses don't attracted me. If i go exotic i go with a true exotic for me (the other posted aren't exotic..Because my father Is quite dark olivish.. And he a ethnic italian) ..and thats black guys.

But i like more light skinned italians.

Here the chineses, Asians, amerindian part doesn t play much..Because italians don't see black bar as exhitic..se have planty of italian like that.. The exotic for us Is central or northern europeans.. And outsider europe black people.
Julia, I think you need to learn a lot about the world I don't think you understand sexual attraction.

Sexual attractive and the ''standard of beauty'' are very different things. The standard of beauty is what we see in the media on a globalised scale, this standard is generally people who are European/slim or are European looking. This can include Black people that where weaves, bleach their skin or ethnic groups who have European like features. Its a global problem rooted in racism.

I don't think you seem to understand.

You see things to basic Julia.

The use of the word exotic is kinda offensive Julia how would you like it if I called you exotic?

Old 01-25-2015, 06:26 PM

Exotic Is something unfamiliar to us. this Is the definition.

Beauty standard for italy pre globalization was more or Less the people i previously posted.

Well..what i think of european beauty in non european country?..that Is a problem.. On tv they should represent local common type not a fare type impossible to find in their country..like the various misses jamaica Being light skinned and blonde.. Like Bollywood actors for the most part Being very fair skinned.. I could go in and on.

Like blonde Who dye their hair black and are tanner abuser in northern europe. Ecc..

I can speak for italian tv.. Fortunately, the actors and the tv anchors are quite representqtive of our ethnicity. More or less

Old 01-26-2015, 02:22 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Julia, I think you need to learn a lot about the world I don't think you understand sexual attraction.

Sexual attractive and the ''standard of beauty'' are very different things. The standard of beauty is what we see in the media on a globalised scale, this standard is generally people who are European/slim or are European looking. This can include Black people that where weaves, bleach their skin or ethnic groups who have European like features. Its a global problem rooted in racism.

I don't think you seem to understand.

You see things to basic Julia.

The use of the word exotic is kinda offensive Julia how would you like it if I called you exotic?
I don't know Julia or her sexual taste (nor I am that interested by the way) but I don't think that someone preferring a skin tone over another is "racism" (which literally means a whole other thing).
It's true what you pointed out, that generally the standard of beauty is shaped by Western Media and that often white skin is seen as "superiour" and it's true that Western standards are still predominant.
Yet, you can't really blame someone for preferring a skin tone over another.
Plus, it's also a matter of location: in Italy it's rare to find that many Black people and their number never reaches a level sufficient to alter the ethnic balance.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I don't know Julia or her sexual taste (nor I am that interested by the way) but I don't think that someone preferring a skin tone over another is "racism" (which literally means a whole other thing).
It's true what you pointed out, that generally the standard of beauty is shaped by Western Media and that often white skin is seen as "superiour" and it's true that Western standards are still predominant.
Yet, you can't really blame someone for preferring a skin tone over another.
Plus, it's also a matter of location: in Italy it's rare to find that many Black people and their number never reaches a level sufficient to alter the ethnic balance.
I'm not accusing Julia of being racist I'm saying that the global standard of beauty is rooted in racism in the assumption that being that don't like European are not worthy enough to be called ''beautiful''

But Julia is being discriminatory in the sense she assumes that people from [insert ethnic groups] are not attractive.. she hasn't met every person in the world to make that statement.

I just hate when people exclude a whole group of being because of their stereotypical assumption - its offensive not ''racist''

Its like saying ''All Chinese people are good at maths'' its still discrimination even if it is ''positive discrimination''

Old 01-26-2015, 05:41 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
I can openly admit that I don't like very dark skin, I'm not very attracted to it. Neither am I very attracted to redheads, or people with very light skin. I don't discriminate persons of African ancestry or redheads.
I can also openly admit that I want my children to look like me, therefore I don't want to make babies with an African, Asian or Native American. I don't discriminate these people either.

The ideal here is the Finnish Maiden:

She is usually blonde with fair features. My personal preference is not that, though, and I haven't been brainwashed. I prefer women with brown eyes and dark hair.

But we don't discriminate:

Old 02-23-2015, 08:27 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times
This is an excellent thread .
Ariete I have a good friend who was born and is still living in Pello ,Finland.

After living in Holland right at 4 years my dutch husband HAD to see America,, I said why don't we just go visit .. but he thought the streets here were paved with gold , was poverty and violence free and wanted to see a bunch of things ..
I warned him . He is a professional thank goodness because that first 9 months living in a trailer park while waiting on that work permit then green card was a living hell and we had some saved up but not for that long. Under the table jobs were already taken up in our area. Even mowing lawns .

pro tip : if anyone here is reading this, apply and get your US green card THERE at the embassy of the country you are in and it won't take NEAR as long if you are already married to an American citizen , I would NEVER want anyone to suffer like we did. I had been a stay at home mom and couldn't get a job anywhere near the kind he has but did the best I could. Our landlord had noticed both of us had started to lose weight from not eating or not eating so that our daughter could and we are already both very thin anyway. I had been through it just living in America alone but it traumatized Dutchie. There were NO food banks where we lived and your not allowed any help during your wait + I have no family.

anyway fast forward almost 9 years and he has had enough !! He makes good money no doubt,but in the same profession he was in ,in Holland and of course for me its been way better than alot of people have it here but he wants to go home and it is NOT that easy . My ideals have changed also and I was never conservative to begin with so I cannot tell you all how many ( usually from my home state of Texas or the south ) people said that same tired old phrase of "whull if'n ya don't like it then get thu he**outta here" and other unsavory things along those lines.

It's in NO WAY just that easy to hop on a plane and go . In our case now in Holland , husband would have to get a signed 18 month work contract making X amount a year and get a house/flat-whatever secured ,not with relatives or friends in 90 days , which not even a family member who never left there can accomplish in 90 days .

Then I would have to pass a college level test in dutch which will cost 400eu's at the end of a year,, I can speak 3 languages and after over 10 years I STILL cannot speak Dutch very well. If I do not pass this test I will have to go home, alone, our youngest daughter is dual . Places over there do NOT like Americans by and large but I assimilated well and would like to go back ,, but its just not that easy .. wish we'd never left . The rules have changed so much .

This is only one example of one country. We are trying others we have experience with there where friends or family have moved that don't have such strict rules , some are harder some are easier .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 02-23-2015 at 08:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe