Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 12:45 PM

32 posts, read 43,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya_ View Post
A lot of people confuse the Czech Republic with Chechnya, so I'm guessing anyone who is assuming the Czech Rep. is very dangerous is thinking of Chechnya.
I've read somewhere that the Czech Republic gets confused with Chechnya but thought it's a joke only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
Czech republic is pretty safe country, you can expect some troubles if you are Russian because we despise Russians especially how they behave but if you are non-Russian you can expect no troubles.
Why should they be despised and by whom? Who are those "we"? You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 02:02 PM

262 posts, read 547,881 times
If you plan on listening to LostinPhilly you're gonna have a hard time lol...that bull****

Old 12-28-2014, 07:45 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,875,324 times
Italy is quite a safe country.
Stay away from Italy anyway: no job, no future, decreasing salaries, corruption etc.
Unless you are rich, in this case Italy can offer you one of the best lifestyle in the world.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:11 PM

1,401 posts, read 1,477,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
I lived for years in Ireland, France, The UK, Belgium and Germany so I slightly know what I'm talking about.

France is very expensive and that's why the salaries are high. It may be okay compared to Switzerland or Austria, but I know first hand it's a very expensive country even if you have a high salary.

Just because a country is bigger in terms of size, doesn't mean it's better or worse than any other. Size isn't really representative.
It is? D Just come to Finland and see what's expensive.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Amsterdam!!!!!!!
Someone actually lives in that tourist trap?

Old 12-29-2014, 02:51 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,544,630 times
How about a country with real nature, where every weekend you can have a different experience? In Europe, only Romania can offer you something like this. If you have a ecent education and some professional skills is not hard to get a job that will pay you enough for the weekly adventure in the mountain jungle, or in another kind of natural environment, in the countless zones with contrasting cultures, different languages, religions etc. Is like having the diversity of a continent at 1-3 hours driving distance.

In the countries you mentioned in first post, you may make more money but also will have to travel longer distances (even to other continents) to have similar diversity and interestingness as in Romania. And the society is also more interesting.

Do you think I'm exagetaring? Check these destinations:

Photos of Romania - Page 742 - SkyscraperCity

Old 12-29-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post
How about a country with real nature, where every weekend you can have a different experience? In Europe, only Romania can offer you something like this. If you have a ecent education and some professional skills is not hard to get a job that will pay you enough for the weekly adventure in the mountain jungle, or in another kind of natural environment, in the countless zones with contrasting cultures, different languages, religions etc. Is like having the diversity of a continent at 1-3 hours driving distance.

In the countries you mentioned in first post, you may make more money but also will have to travel longer distances (even to other continents) to have similar diversity and interestingness as in Romania. And the society is also more interesting.

Do you think I'm exagetaring? Check these destinations:

Photos of Romania - Page 742 - SkyscraperCity
And with average wage of 400 euros per month I'm sure going to have an experience

Old 12-29-2014, 05:59 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,544,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
And with average wage of 400 euros per month I'm sure going to have an experience
Romania is a country where half of population live in rural areas in poor but very idyllic conditions (idyllic not as much for them but for a tourist visiting their village). If you don't know, traditional life style is an attraction for tourists.

And as the infrastructure is almost as decent as in western countries, and even the poor villages are clean and enchanting, the experience is perfect for someone with a job in private sector.

But I'm not sure you understand what I was talking about. You seem to be used to think in the old fashion, "financially rich country = high living standard". You should take in consideration a mind change. Nature and culture are more important, healthier and more enriching (spiritually speaking) than having the so-called status of a 'first world country'. In fact, the real first world countries are those like Romania, that offers so many things to learn and discover.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post
Romania is a country where half of population live in rural areas in poor but very idyllic conditions (idyllic not as much for them but for a tourist visiting their village). If you don't know, traditional life style is an attraction for tourists.

And as the infrastructure is almost as decent as in western countries, and even the poor villages are clean and enchanting, the experience is perfect for someone with a job in private sector.

But I'm not sure you understand what I was talking about. You seem to be used to think in the old fashion, "financially rich country = high living standard". You should take in consideration a mind change. Nature and culture are more important, healthier and more enriching (spiritually speaking) than having the so-called status of a 'first world country'. In fact, the real first world countries are those like Romania, that offers so many things to learn and discover.
Well in Finland we have:

-higher wages
-better social security
-lower crime rate
-more untouched and unpolluted nature
-free education
-free health care

Maybe Romania has more old culture but that I can enjoy on my vacation

Old 12-29-2014, 06:48 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,870,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
Well in Finland we have:

-higher wages
-better social security
-lower crime rate
-more untouched and unpolluted nature
-free education
-free health care

Maybe Romania has more old culture but that I can enjoy on my vacation
It's pretty hard to beat the nature in Romania. And it's pretty unpolluted, too, most of it.

And the people are friendly. Education and health care are also free, no?

Your wages are higher, but so are your living expenses, much higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe