Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 12:59 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdean73 View Post

I wonder why some people live so worried about European future when they dont even share the same mindset, culture and view of life as most europeans. I'd say a turkish guy living in germany is much more european mentally-wise than a typical american wearing a wwe shirt and attending to NASCAR every other weekend.
Exactly. White Americans are always going on about ethnicity and culture while Europeans care about nothing more than truly European things like electronic dance music and doner kebab.

Anyway, why are White Europeans obsessed with what White colonials think?

Old 01-05-2015, 01:03 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Why are White Europeans obsessed with what White colonials think?
They wish they lived here

Old 01-05-2015, 01:18 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Exactly. White Americans are always going on about ethnicity and culture while Europeans care about nothing more than truly European things like electronic dance music and doner kebab.

Anyway, why are White Europeans obsessed with what White colonials think?
I'm a white as snow as is everyone I know... Let me tell you we could care less about ethnicity and culture except where food and beer are concerned....

P.S. We threw off the colonial yoke a few hundred years ago.....

Old 01-05-2015, 01:31 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
They wish they lived here
I don't necessarily think that is true, but there is definitely a deep insecurity of some sort.

And it seems Spaniards have it the worst, so let me rephrase my original question: Why do Spaniards have an obsession with what Americans think about ethnicity and culture?

Old 01-05-2015, 05:24 PM

3 posts, read 3,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
Maybe because they have so many non-whites there?
I'm from France and we have a lot of POCs here too. But it's true that we have a lot of issues with racism here, so maybe it's not a problem of Northern America but a problem of immature countries/societies dealing with diverse populations.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:02 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinconiae View Post
I'm from France and we have a lot of POCs here too. But it's true that we have a lot of issues with racism here, so maybe it's not a problem of Northern America but a problem of immature countries/societies dealing with diverse populations.
Haha yea have fun with the diversity of burning cars and minarets in Paris

Old 01-05-2015, 10:07 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
You can see It all over the board and in the Internet. It's often americans, aussies, anglo-canadians, etc who love to talk about hair/eye/skin color ,ethnicity, racial status, racial-hierarchy and often display quite conservative ideas about race and ethnicity.

I wonder why some people live so worried about European future when they dont even share the same mindset, culture and view of life as most europeans. I'd say a turkish guy living in germany is much more european mentally-wise than a typical american wearing a wwe shirt and attending to NASCAR every other weekend.

your thought on this?
I am curious why you only chose to comment about the race obsessed white Americans, aussies and canadians and not just race obsessed people in general?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:11 AM

21 posts, read 30,489 times
Yeah, it's just the culture. Some of em.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:32 PM

109 posts, read 235,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I am curious why you only chose to comment about the race obsessed white Americans, aussies and canadians and not just race obsessed people in general?
BEcause I always notice how race is such a hot topic in the english speaking countries. And Its not about people, you had elliot rodgers and many other cases of partially non-western kids growing in the anglosphere with heavy racial issues. There is still much of a hidden supremacism mentality left in the nations that belonged to the british empire..

Old 01-08-2015, 10:27 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
You can see It all over the board and in the Internet. It's often americans, aussies, anglo-canadians, etc who love to talk about hair/eye/skin color ,ethnicity, racial status, racial-hierarchy and often display quite conservative ideas about race and ethnicity.

your thought on this?
The 'typical' NASCAR-wearing type of American has ZERO interest in Europe or identifying with Europe. They also don't care at all about other races or eye colors or anything of that nature.

The only types of Americans who'd you ever hear who care about eye color or skin color or whatsoever is the NON-white Americans, particularly the ones who perceive white people to be racist, or less likely to have sex with non-white people. Those are the non-Europeans you are encountering on this board. When I view their profiles, they seem to mostly be Indians from India, and the occasional African-American or Indian-Canadian or whatever.

I can 100% readily ASSURE you that NO white Nascar-attending American is coming onto the forums and wondering if brown-skinned or brown-eyed people can get laid in Europe. You'll never see that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe