Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:40 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,803,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Closet nazis surface again, Saturday at midnight seems to be particularly popular:

Funnily just a few days after the Breivik massacre anniversary. And this guy is a MP.

lol, i love it. wouldn't be possible in sweden, we have a completly different mentality on these issues.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:01 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan123 View Post
lol, i love it. wouldn't be possible in sweden, we have a completly different mentality on these issues.
I love it, too. As bad as it is in Sweden, I think it's even worse here, though.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:45 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Not possible here either. Created a huge scandal and Immonen might be kicked out from the True Finns party.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:21 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,803,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Not possible here either. Created a huge scandal and Immonen might be kicked out from the True Finns party.
ah, ok. nonetheless, finland in general seem to have a tougher stance on foreigners than the other nordic countries. maybe it has something to do with its recent history of war? swedes have a very naive and cosmopolitan world-view in general, although that is about to change a bit.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:23 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
ah, ok. nonetheless, finland in general seem to have a tougher stance on foreigners than the other nordic countries. maybe it has something to do with its recent history of war? swedes have a very naive and cosmopolitan world-view in general, although that is about to change a bit.

Might well be something to do with history. Immonen also gained a lot of support.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:09 AM

504 posts, read 465,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
Your ideology looks like it's all over the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not the Maginot Line View Post
He's an obligate liberal completely incapable of seeing that it's his 'fair and progressive' liberal delusionism that is to blame for this mess. That's why his knickers are in a twist over his ideology.
Totally wrong.

My past ideology is all over the place. I was a card carrying member of the Liberal Democrats for 20 years - a very hard party worker at election times. It was when I moved to the most densely Muslim populated area of the East End in 1995, and my experiences there over the following 7 years that changed my outlook entirely and led to me leaving the party.

Now I find the sight/sound of the usual liberalista performing somersaults to defend THE least liberal bunch of people in the country nauseating. I am told I am obliged to accept these people with open arms, yet I have yet to meet a Muslim who accepts my sexual orientation. The best I've had is "you are not a sinner so long as you live a life of celibacy". My response cannot be repeated on a forum like this

I am still a liberal at heart - but a "muscular secularist" as the religious types like to call us these days. I do not wish religion to play a part in the Legislature nor do I want it stuck in my face in the supermarket by women in ninja costumes.

Female Genital Mutilation has been illegal in the UK for 30 years, yet there has not been ONE solitary prosecution, save a recent pathetic case which the judge dismissed half way through. It is estimated that 500 cases occur every month, many of whom have to be patched up by the NHS at public cost. Nothing happens because the liberals who infest our public services are terrified of "upsetting a minority culture". I'm in favour of a spell of illiberalism before we hit the reset button.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:36 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
How many do you have? Excluding illegals.
1620000 according to that same article i have linked which is around 2,5% of the total population so in comparison to other countries such as France, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium it's not much

Quote:
latest poll. 23.3% and sweden's 2nd largest party.
Maybe it's a good sign, it seems like a large part of the immigrants really haven't integrated as well as they should and Sweden is still taking far too many immigrants all at once. Maybe with the Swedish Democrats at the government things can change

Last edited by improb; 07-28-2015 at 12:56 PM..

Old 07-28-2015, 12:57 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
If done correctly and as long as the different ethnicities want multiculturalism, it can definitely work. Just look at Tatarstan and it's capital of Kazan in Russia. Half the population is muslim predominant Tatars and the other half are christian predominant Russians. Of course tatars are completely different than north africans and arabs, but it should still be possible.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:32 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Totally wrong.

My past ideology is all over the place. I was a card carrying member of the Liberal Democrats for 20 years - a very hard party worker at election times. It was when I moved to the most densely Muslim populated area of the East End in 1995, and my experiences there over the following 7 years that changed my outlook entirely and led to me leaving the party.

Now I find the sight/sound of the usual liberalista performing somersaults to defend THE least liberal bunch of people in the country nauseating. I am told I am obliged to accept these people with open arms, yet I have yet to meet a Muslim who accepts my sexual orientation. The best I've had is "you are not a sinner so long as you live a life of celibacy". My response cannot be repeated on a forum like this

I am still a liberal at heart - but a "muscular secularist" as the religious types like to call us these days. I do not wish religion to play a part in the Legislature nor do I want it stuck in my face in the supermarket by women in ninja costumes.

Female Genital Mutilation has been illegal in the UK for 30 years, yet there has not been ONE solitary prosecution, save a recent pathetic case which the judge dismissed half way through. It is estimated that 500 cases occur every month, many of whom have to be patched up by the NHS at public cost. Nothing happens because the liberals who infest our public services are terrified of "upsetting a minority culture". I'm in favour of a spell of illiberalism before we hit the reset button.
Looks like you're still confused. And somewhat in denial about it.

Trying to reconcile the relativism of pro-LGBT liberalism (which is permissive of your "lifestyle") with a not-so-liberal rejection of Islam (which is not so permissive of your "lifestyle"). The truth is, your world view, both present and past, is foundationally incoherent and you're resorting to some illicit ad hoc rescue to make it appear plausible. This won't end well.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:51 PM

431 posts, read 449,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
If done correctly and as long as the different ethnicities want multiculturalism, it can definitely work. Just look at Tatarstan and it's capital of Kazan in Russia. Half the population is muslim predominant Tatars and the other half are christian predominant Russians. Of course tatars are completely different than north africans and arabs, but it should still be possible.
It also works fine in Singapore, with Chinese, Indians and Malay, and 5 different religions coexisting, including much larger % Muslim population than anywhere in Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe