Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 11:15 AM

545 posts, read 866,119 times

Advertisements

P London
This areas in Paris are full of white people too.. They just have a higher level of people living in poverty than the other arrondissements of Paris. And by the way, those area are slowly gentrified.
The thing is, some people really don't care about the garbage they throw in the ground because they assume some people are paid to clean this up. Same as people preferring to pee in a children park at night instead of taking the time to find free public toilets.
But this isn't even the issue. Thing is those area are quite dirty, but they are not "no-go zones". Any non-muslim can live there, cops still go there, and so on. But most people just don't want to go there because they dislike it. And crime isn't higher there than in the rest of the region. You are more likely to be robbed in central Paris, where all tourists are, than in the 18th or 20th.
By the way, media always talk about the muslims living in the suburbs, but big christians and jews communities live there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 11:54 AM

1,327 posts, read 2,604,630 times
For Magenta and lower Belleville, it is a bit faster than slowly gentrifing.
Both areas are very attractive among hipsters.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:08 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
@ P london : c'mon, being so "unlucky" make them unable to pick up the garbage around them ? they litter to "take revenge agains t cruel society" (lol)! when I go in these neighborhoods, I even pick up garbage along the street because it makes me sick to see that. I 'm sick and tired of that "culture of excuse". Maybe it's a consequence of their actions being always excused (because "they are poor , foreigne illiterate, etc") that they are falling into the ditch, turning a blind eye on misbehaviour, felony or crime isn't helping them in the long run. It's the opposite : it means the rest of society and the higher classes deep down under their liberal/leftist veneer despise these people.
When you are deprived and live in a deprived area the last thing on your mind is to pick on the rubbish or go to the local police station to report every single crime.

I use to live on the largest council estate in Europe the area was dominated by rubbish, dirty streets and people hanging around on corners. I even saw remains where people were injecting themselves with drugs. Despite this I felt comfortable there because as a child that's all I knew, it was my version of normal and many others (who probably never lived in an up-scale area) probably felt the same way. My Mum still lives on the estate she has to put up with mice, regular intervals of time without hot water or heating in the dead of winter. So again the last thing on her mind is to pick up rubbish or report crime, and even if you do the police don't take it seriously because of the area.

The first thing on peoples mind is not to improve their area but to improve their lives. Many people are struggling with paying bills, social issues, putting food on the table, getting a decent education and if thy do get a education the quality will probably be low. Even for example the poor North African person reaches all those goals once the person gets a job its hard to get promoted because of preconceived ideas the employer (who would probably NOT come from similar backgrounds) will hold even subconsciously about deprived people.

To blame the people wholly who live in these so called ghettos is unfair because fundamentally the government should create a society where wealth is distributed throughout their Country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessplayer View Post
The garbage system is the same everywhere in Paris.
And I wouldn't say that guys who live inside Paris are "segregated" (a lot of people living in the suburbs would be very happy to have an apartment where these "unlucky" guys live)

I wish you to live in this kind of area one day or another. You'll see how nice your new neighbours are.
Segregated these people are chessplayer, if they weren't segregated you wouldn't notice a difference in demographic between one place to another. It may not be 1940s American style segregation but it still is.

I use to live those kinds of areas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
P London
This areas in Paris are full of white people too.. They just have a higher level of people living in poverty than the other arrondissements of Paris. And by the way, those area are slowly gentrified.
The thing is, some people really don't care about the garbage they throw in the ground because they assume some people are paid to clean this up. Same as people preferring to pee in a children park at night instead of taking the time to find free public toilets.
But this isn't even the issue. Thing is those area are quite dirty, but they are not "no-go zones". Any non-muslim can live there, cops still go there, and so on. But most people just don't want to go there because they dislike it. And crime isn't higher there than in the rest of the region. You are more likely to be robbed in central Paris, where all tourists are, than in the 18th or 20th.
By the way, media always talk about the muslims living in the suburbs, but big christians and jews communities live there as well.
I'm sure these ''Muslim areas'' are not more than 60% Muslim so I'm sure white people live there of course.

Another issue I take is with gentrification what you just mentioned, it basically displaces the ''problem people'' while generally rich white people move in. Seems like the governments encourage this as well. This situation is happening in London for the first time some parts of Outer London are becoming more poorer, this proves the point that gentrification doesn't solve the problem of these ''ghettos'' but just moves then somewhere else.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:15 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Valentino- View Post
No-go zones and sharia law zones are happening in the UK as well, and in Belgium and other parts of Europe. The police in Europe are bunch of scary hypocrites - they should put a bomb in the area and shoot them all up from the air to get rid of the radicals then finally there would be peace!!
Sorry there are no 'Muslim no-go zones practicing sharia law in the UK! Where on earth did you hear this? And although I am not French I highly doubt there are any there either!

Old 01-21-2015, 12:40 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
For all those that posted this nonsense.... your hero, Fox nonsense has apologized for saying there are no go zones... There are none, but there are idiots that will say anything to get on TV, and there are those that will believe anything they hear.

The mayor of Paris is suing Fox for saying such nonsense.
BBC News - Paris Mayor to sue Fox News over Muslim claims

BTW - there aren't any in Great Britain either... It was all fox stupidity

Old 01-21-2015, 12:47 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
BTW - there aren't any in Great Britain either... It was all fox stupidity
Stupidity? They delivered what their audience expects them to deliver and generate a hell of a lot clicks on their website by those who know that all of this is bogus. First class publicity stunt.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:51 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,186,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
The mayor of Paris is suing Fox for saying such nonsense.
BBC News - Paris Mayor to sue Fox News over Muslim claims
Ironic, considering all of the support for free speech that's come out of Paris after the Charlie Hebdo massacre.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:22 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
Freedom of speech was meant to inspire not decieve Derpy Derpy. Fox News said that there were Muslim no-go areas in the UK as well, but later admitted that their story was a pack of lies. I suspect the same is true of Paris.

News Corp who own Fox New have admitted to hacking the phones & computers of celebrities politicians & the relatives of murder victims. They give freedom of speech and the press a bad name, they are truly contemptible.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:16 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
My God, you know nothing about Paris! the 2 Kouachi brothers were born and bred inb a council house in the 19th arrondissement, and it is another guy at the local mosque wo radicalized them. Maybe those are no go-zones stricto sensu in the sense that the Moslems practice the taqiya, hide their true intentions under a veneer of friendliness to kafirs...as long as they remain a minority. But as soon as they are a majority (see what happens in the Middle East and elsewhere), they sure change their tune...

Old 01-23-2015, 05:07 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
''da muslims coming over here eating our children''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe