Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 11:15 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
12 million inhabitants in Paris metropolitan area, 4 million inhabitants in Rome metropolitan area.
4,2 in Paris, 4,7 in Rome.
I'm not talking about outskirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 03:02 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,287,431 times
where do you get 4,2 millions ?

Paris -just the city- is about 2 millions.

With the suburbs you reach over 10 millions

Old 02-10-2015, 04:26 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,605,095 times
The metropolitan area of Paris calculated by the French statistical office (by commuting pattern) has over 12.3 million inhabitants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
4,2 in Paris, 4,7 in Rome.
I'm not talking about outskirts.
You are taking about the outskirts because there are no way you can find over 4 million inhabitants in Rome without the outskirts.
The City of Rome covers 1,285 km² with 2.9 million inhabitants and those 1,285 km² already covers outskirts and unbuilt lands.
If you take 1,285 km² around the City of Paris, there are about 8.5 million inhabitants, maybe more.

The City of Paris unlike many other cities has very small city limits, only 105 km² but this is only the center of a much larger metropolis.
Comparing city proper is often like comparing apples and oranges.

You always read on the web that Berlin is much bigger than Paris with over 3 million inhabitants and over 8 times the land size.
This is true if you restrict to the city limits but city limits are just an administrative area, not representative of the real size of the city but if you look more closely, another reality appears.
If you take the City of Paris and the suburban communities on 891 km² (the size of Berlin), there is over 7.5 million inhabitants.

(Paris on the left, Berlin on the right)

Old 02-10-2015, 05:25 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,127 times
Everyone suggesting Rome over Paris in terms of job, quality of life (well apart from food, Italy>world) and economics has clearly never lived a single day either in Rome or in Italy.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:02 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Everyone suggesting Rome over Paris in terms of job, quality of life (well apart from food, Italy>world) and economics has clearly never lived a single day either in Rome or in Italy.
I could understand a northern city but Rome!!!!!

Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,287,431 times
I just really can't envision living in Paris. There's just too many people and everytime I go there I feel like i'm in a ratrace. Most of the time spent is in the metro. Also it's damn expensive and the weather is alledgely worse (though far from horrible)

But yeah, if you make 4k euros a month, Paris is great.

I think living in northern Italy is a good compromise.

I like Rome though, being from Lyon, a city full of roman heritage, and having relatives / ancestry in Southern France, Rome seems somewhat familiar in many aspects, more than Bologna.

But I would hate having to commute by bike in Rome. I wouldn't survive for very long.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:26 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,485,537 times
Default Thread still open ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex099 View Post
Hey I'm from India (average looking). I'm looking to relocate any of them place (or you can suggests better options). I'm looking for better quality of life, good average salary, easy to relocate (nationality), and especially girls, girls and girls (which is easy to picked up by an Indian).

Help...Please..............
We've already responded to this many times.

Nobody knows if you're gonna get laid nightly. We'd need a picture of you to judge. Just get hammered and see where that gets you.
I heard Berlin is pretty slutty. Not much going on at night in Paris. No idea about Rome. Guess you could find some easy chicks anywhere ? Plenty of hookers in Germany, though. Germany is Europe's brothel. And it's all legal. So if that gets you excited, I would strongly recommend Germany for all your sexual needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe