Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 07:32 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
Do you want to compare that to the multitude of actual criminal convictions of sex offences, fraud, theft, child abuse charges, among others, levelled at members of the existing political triad (particularly labour and lib dem MPs)?

Where's the detailed and rigorous media examination of these degenerates?

Bottom line, every political party has scumbags. UKIP may indeed have a higher proportion of scumbags of a certain type given its leanings, but if you want to make it reflective of the party proper, their core policies, I'm afraid you're going to have to try much harder.
Don't you think Nigel Farage looks on edge all the time though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 07:36 AM

531 posts, read 594,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
You disagree?

I know its them ISLAMICS TRYING TO PUSH US TO SHARIA LAW AND ISLAMIC LANGUAGE.
Keep smacking your head like that and you might even start seeing sense.

All the more amusing, because for a while, I studied the Quran and even learned and used the basic Muslim greetings to be hospitable to friends.

Though I may not agree with their religious views, I admire Muslims for the fact that their traditional family views are diametrically opposed to the contemporary liberal mindset.

Last edited by Noggin of Rum; 02-22-2015 at 08:41 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Keep smacking your head like that and you might even start seeing sense.

All the more amusing, because for a while I actually considered converting to Islam. I even learned and used the basic Muslim greetings.
So what then Immigration is more of a problem than everything I mentioned?

Old 02-22-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
So what then Immigration is more of a problem than everything I mentioned?
Oh come on.

Let's try another approach.

You are a hostess at a party and you have guests coming over for a social function. Having guests over is a good thing because it means you can secure business deals, expand the investment horizons of the firm you work for.

Who would you allow into your function?

Old 02-22-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Oh come on.

Let's try another approach.

You are a hostess at a party and you have guests coming over for a social function. Having guests over is a good thing because it means you can secure business deals, expand the investment horizons of the firm you work for.

Who would you allow into your function?
No I wouldn't but we are not talking in general terms we're talking about a political party. If a lot of Racists, sexists etc are attracted to that party doesn't that mean that the party must of have those tendencies?

Old 02-22-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
No I wouldn't but we are not talking in general terms we're talking about a political party. If a lot of Racists, sexists etc are attracted to that party doesn't that mean that the party must of have those tendencies?
All those Labour Party members (most of them MPs) convicted or charged of sex offences means that every Labour Party member is a sex offender? Tell me how your reasoning works here.

Not that this has anything to do with the question I asked. What would you do as the hostess?

Last edited by Noggin of Rum; 02-22-2015 at 09:29 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 09:40 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,067 times
I don't really know well about UK politics but it's undeniably true that "racist" is used whenever there's an attempt to debate immigration.
Sometimes it's justified (Golden Dawn, several right-wing parties in Northern Europe), otherwise it's just meant to silence the rival (at least in Italy is often this way).
The problem of debating immigration is that nobody can understand that the real solution is in the middle but people keep talking of extremes: are you against immigration? you are Nazi, are you all in favour? You stupid commie/liberal/etc

Old 02-22-2015, 06:09 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I don't really know well about UK politics but it's undeniably true that "racist" is used whenever there's an attempt to debate immigration.
Sometimes it's justified (Golden Dawn, several right-wing parties in Northern Europe), otherwise it's just meant to silence the rival (at least in Italy is often this way).
The problem of debating immigration is that nobody can understand that the real solution is in the middle but people keep talking of extremes: are you against immigration? you are Nazi, are you all in favour? You stupid commie/liberal/etc
I disagree with the first 2 commas it's wrong to claim that Borghezio and a few other high ranking Lega Nord politicians (Buonanno, Bossi) aren't racist, in Italy the word racism is actually brought up when necessary, ours is certainly not a politically correct country and it shows sometimes.

Completely agree with the third, we should find a balance and once we find it stick to it.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:55 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
I disagree with the first 2 commas it's wrong to claim that Borghezio and a few other high ranking Lega Nord politicians (Buonanno, Bossi) aren't racist, in Italy the word racism is actually brought up when necessary, ours is certainly not a politically correct country and it shows sometimes.

Completely agree with the third, we should find a balance and once we find it stick to it.
That's true, it's also that, while I completely disagree with Salvini, too often some right points( the few ones at least)he makes (Legge Fornero, control on immigration, stupidity of ius soli etc) are dismissed because of "racism".
Then, the fact of having people like Calderoli, Borghezio or Buonanno is just an insult to those who died to free Italy from Nazi occupiers.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:29 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
That's true, it's also that, while I completely disagree with Salvini, too often some right points( the few ones at least)he makes (Legge Fornero, control on immigration, stupidity of ius soli etc) are dismissed because of "racism".
Then, the fact of having people like Calderoli, Borghezio or Buonanno is just an insult to those who died to free Italy from Nazi occupiers.
Salvini isn't racist, although he's part of a party where many of the politician are and he costantly has to dig up their mistakes, i agree with a possible change of Legge Fornero and the Ius Soli, control on immigration is another matter that simply takes more time to talk about but i mostly agree to let in a set numbers of immigrants over the course of the year, it's advantageous both from an economical and social point of view (I think that the current number is about the right number more or less, but with the upcoming crisis in Libya, we should see a surge of immigration this year and in the next few as well)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe