Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 01:02 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,258,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
This is funny on so many levels

First reason why its funny is because yyou haven't met every Muslim person and most of what you're saying is assumptions of a very varied group of people.

Regarding the holocaust and not teaching it just in case it ''offends'' Muslims is the Dutch governments fault. Cowards.
First: i've lived among them long enough to have a very good impression. It's not just hear say or media.

Secondly, they're not teaching it not to offend them, but they're affraid to do so because they get threats. And YES, that's very cowardly. People here are too affraid.

And our government is indeed too politically correct. That's what caused a lot of troubles in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 04:20 PM

676 posts, read 988,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
What do you fear? I'm in a state right now that Whites are no longer the majority and I live in a safe area and live a good life. The gangster element is a minortity I avoid them and they don't bother me I can pick out a few of them at the gym I work out at but they leave you alone.
I fear becoming a minority in my own country, i fear the replacement of my people and the loss of my culture

Old 03-09-2015, 04:22 PM

676 posts, read 988,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In the USA, that has already happened. Most of the indigenous people have been subjected to all kinds of death and violence, to the point where the indigenous populations make up barely 2 percent of the population. And I myself, I'm considered a minority in the USA.
Nope
The USA was founded by Europeans
natives were never the majority of the USA

Old 03-09-2015, 04:23 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
I fear becoming a minority in my own country, i fear the replacement of my people and the loss of my culture
You fear losing your Polish culture? You are a minority in the US in a sense most people aren't Polish.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:33 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
FFS, relax. I mean, until you live somewhere where you only make up 5% of the population, literally, you have no real reason to be "fearful".

Old 03-09-2015, 04:37 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Quote:
Nope
Pahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

Too funny too funny say more say more!

Old 03-09-2015, 05:27 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Yes that did occur but now the pendelum is moving in the other direction individuals that have a significant amount of Amerindian DNA although culturally Mexican are now make up a significant pecentage of the population and it will only increase exponentially with time and will be the majority population in the US at some point. I don't believe the border will be sealed to prevent that from occurring it is too expensive and too many people are benefitting from cheap labor. The US will be a primarily mixed population at some point no doubt based on what I see doesn't bother me in the least.
I'm Black and even I have a little bit of Native American ancestry.

Mexico still have a significant indigenous population. And the birth rate is a bit higher. It is not as high as it used to be though.

The only thing I worry about is illegal immigration. I don't care where it comes from.

Personally, I would much rather prefer to identify with being a nationality, rather than with race. People being of mixed race doesn't both me either. However, we live in a society where race is considered a factor in so many things.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:28 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Nope
The original inhabitants in what is now the USA once made up the majority, before the Europeans came.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:22 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm Black and even I have a little bit of Native American ancestry.

Mexico still have a significant indigenous population. And the birth rate is a bit higher. It is not as high as it used to be though.

The only thing I worry about is illegal immigration. I don't care where it comes from.

Personally, I would much rather prefer to identify with being a nationality, rather than with race. People being of mixed race doesn't both me either. However, we live in a society where race is considered a factor in so many things.

I have read some of your posts. I find that individuals from European countries based on what I have read on this forum are more intolerant of the idea of having a mixed society or a society with the Indigenous Europeans being the minority population as compared to the United States.

If I describe my ancestry I primarily state I'm Portuguese rather than White because I find that very generic but I also strongly identify with being culturally American. I am basically a cultural mix of the two Portuguese/American but not an exact fit in either category.

Illegal immigration does concern me in the US but it is a fact that isn't going to go away unless a 2,000 mile (3,100 km) wall is built with barbed wire and armed guards posted along the Mexico-United States border. Many of the individuals crossing it are willing to risks their lives for a better future currently. It also does concern me that the criminal element and the drug cartel is also crossing the border.

Some people on this forum have expressed concern about White's becoming a minority in the United States. At the turn of the last century it was the large numbers of uneducated Eastern and Southern Europeans that were a major concern. Hence the immigration act of 1924 was passed to slow down the undesirables from coming. Currently non-white immigrants arriving are considered the undesirable group by some in the US in large numbers.

https://history.state.gov/milestones...mmigration-act

Old 03-09-2015, 07:26 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
I have read some of your posts. I find that individuals from European countries based on what I have read on this forum are more intolerant of the idea of having a mixed society or a society with the Indigenous Europeans being the minority population as compared to the United States.

If I describe my ancestry I primarily state I'm Portuguese rather than White because I find that very generic but I also strongly identify with being culturally American. I am basically a cultural mix of the two Portuguese/American but not an exact fit in either category.

Illegal immigration does concern me in the US but it is a fact that isn't going to go away unless a 2,000 mile (3,100 km) wall is built with barbed wire and armed guards posted along the Mexico-United States border. Many of the individuals crossing it are willing to risks their lives for a better future currently. It also does concern me that the criminal element and the drug cartel is also crossing the border.

Some people on this forum have expressed concern about White's becoming a minority in the United States. At the turn of the last century it was the large numbers of uneducated Eastern and Southern Europeans that were a major concern. Hence the immigration act of 1924 was passed to slow down the undesirables from coming. Currently non-white immigrants arriving are considered the undesirable group by some in the US in large numbers.

https://history.state.gov/milestones...mmigration-act
Let's not forget that back then, whites originally were considered to be only the British settlers and their descendants. German immigrants were not welcome. Then, they were assimilated into "white culture" when the Irish came. They, too, were included in "White America" when the Italians started flooding in. Of course, they were dirty, non-white rats back in the late 1800s who would destroy the moral fabric of White America. Eventually, they were also considered white when the Chinese started to come in the late 1800s after the Italian wave slowed down. I see a pattern here who wants to bet when the last baby boomer dies the Mexicans will be "white" as well? It's already happening in Puerto Rico
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe