Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 08:45 AM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,888,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Nearly everyone in my family has blue eyes, I guess I would be the favoured child.

Most Southern Europeans have dark eyes I do like looking at different colored eyes though I think it makes it more interesting.

I have brown/green eyes I have 1 child with green eyes 1 with blue eyes but I certainly wouldn't favor a light eyed child over a dark eyed child I think all colors are nice to look at and would be mad as hell if someone showed favoritism to one of my girls over the other based on eye color or skin tone.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:49 AM

96 posts, read 106,988 times
Infact..bere web are just curious how a baby could turn out, if some of the parent has curly hair for example Is curious to observe his child While he grows if he has the same curly hair..but i ends here. Nobody care if he has straight hair for example

Old 04-30-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultureStrenght View Post
Infact..bere web are just curious how a baby could turn out, if some of the parent has curly hair for example Is curious to observe his child While he grows if he has the same curly hair..but i ends here. Nobody care if he has straight hair for example
Historically in the US the standard of what was beautiful was quite narrow and definitely favored features from Northern Europe, those biases were not as prevelant in Southern Europe for the most part unfortunately they are strong among many Americans I will admit the US is a hot mess in relation to the color issue. There are so many layers other than overt racism this is expressed in some cases.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:29 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Most Southern Europeans have dark eyes I do like looking at different colored eyes though I think it makes it more interesting.

I have brown/green eyes I have 1 child with green eyes 1 with blue eyes but I certainly wouldn't favor a light eyed child over a dark eyed child I think all colors are nice to look at and would be mad as hell if someone showed favoritism to one of my girls over the other based on eye color or skin tone.
I think brown eyes are hot sometimes. It depends on the face... My mother has green eyes which is rare here.
I don't really care to be honest.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
I think brown eyes are hot sometimes. It depends on the face... My mother has green eyes which is rare here.
I don't really care to be honest.

Yeah I don't really care either I don't think features alone are what makes a person attracitve more than anything it's the attitude and how they carry themselves. I'm glad there is a variety of eye colors, skin colors etc to look at I find variety interesting.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:55 AM

26,871 posts, read 37,990,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Because not all of them died out.

North America compared to Pre-European times are devoid of American-natives.
It's also difficult to kill off an entire large group of people scattered over a vast territory. Even if you try really hard.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:02 PM

21 posts, read 17,527 times
Colonizers did not try, but the pox and the flue killed most of the Native American population. On the other hand, colonizers imported a very severe strain of syphilis.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:32 PM

90 posts, read 111,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Please give me proof.

There's proof all over the internet to back up my claims maybe I got the time period wrong (the breeding out scheme happened around the turn of the 20th century I think)
many things are said to be true and are not like you statements. arabs had southern spain while central and north were still white spainards. arabs worked as crew members because the ones that didnt leave south spain felt racism and wanted a better life.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveledtheworld View Post
many things are said to be true and are not like you statements. arabs had southern spain while central and north were still white spainards. arabs worked as crew members because the ones that didnt leave south spain felt racism and wanted a better life.
The Moors weren't Arabs they were a mixed population of Muslims from various origins Berber,Arab,Native Iberian, Converted Jews, Slavic, and a sub-saharan African component although minor.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:39 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,419,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
This is true, only noticeable difference is that southern Europeans generally tend to have dark hair, while many Northern Europeans are more likely to be blond.

But Europeans as a whole are not "dark skin" for the most part. But I guess it all relative.
Not only dark hair, but also darker eyes and a slightly darker skin which tans more easily than most Northern Europeans.

blonde hair (including some of the very light brown shades):
France = 26%
Portugal = 11%
Greece = 10.7%
Spain = 9.5%
Italy = 8.2%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.