Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 11:07 AM

90 posts, read 111,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
If you watch dna test results on Youtube its really fascinating.
they're fasley seeing that we can't read every dna in the human genome its basically what they want to tell you.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdale View Post
What?
non whites who are jealous of whites or hate whites say this to make us feel bad as if we care. (because we have fair skin which we euros love because us have fair skin)or to say that we can't be racist (no one should be)if no one is white because no one is actually white. the fact is thought no one is white that word used by people when they saw fair skinned Europeans. everybody in he world is dark while euros were fair skinned so people called us white and we adopted it. the same way asians are brown but call themselves yellow because they think the brown is dirty. basically the skin color of euros is fair and everybody is shades of brown

Old 04-23-2015, 11:36 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
My skin actually is white lol.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:39 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveledtheworld View Post
non whites who are jealous of whites or hate whites say this to make us feel bad as if we care. (because we have fair skin which we euros love because us have fair skin)or to say that we can't be racist (no one should be)if no one is white because no one is actually white. the fact is thought no one is white that word used by people when they saw fair skinned Europeans. everybody in he world is dark while euros were fair skinned so people called us white and we adopted it. the same way asians are brown but call themselves yellow because they think the brown is dirty. basically the skin color of euros is fair and everybody is shades of brown
You are so misinformed its unbelievable.

European people created this race-colour system. They called themselves White

Old 04-23-2015, 11:47 AM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
[quote=Traveledtheworld;39337466]non whites who are jealous of whites or hate whites say this to make us feel bad as if we care. (because we have fair skin which we euros love because us have fair skin)or to say that we can't be racist (no one should be)if no one is white because no one is actually white. the fact is thought no one is white that word used by people when they saw fair skinned Europeans. everybody in he world is dark while euros were fair skinned so people called us white and we adopted it. the same way asians are brown but call themselves yellow because they think the brown is dirty. basically the skin color of euros is fair and everybody is shades of brown[/quote]

Please don't speak for all Europeans or people of European ancestry. Not all Europeans have a preference for pale skin also no-one can make another individual feel bad angry yes but that is another matter.

Your second point is also incorrect I'm assuming euros means Europeans there is a range in Europe. Also some Asians are very light complected.

Also the main point of the original link is to illustrate that light skin color was an adaptation. It is interesting though that your posts links color to some other things but those are your personal perceptions although you don't link them to any facts.

Last edited by AFP; 04-23-2015 at 12:10 PM..

Old 04-23-2015, 03:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
You are wrong. Not all Asians are brown. Several of my Chinese friends from the northeast are fair skinned. You only think Asians are brown because 99% of the Asians you see in the US are from southern China, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Quote:
oh so your one of those supposed people who say they come from those places. unless you galician family got like just recently i dont think your galician if they got there lets say in the 1800's
Fine I'm of Galician descent. Happy now?

Old 04-24-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You are wrong. Not all Asians are brown. Several of my Chinese friends from the northeast are fair skinned. You only think Asians are brown because 99% of the Asians you see in the US are from southern China, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Fine I'm of Galician descent. Happy now?
what ever floats your boat. 99% from south asia. nope. i have been to asia and i have seen them. 99.9 of north asians are dark .01 are light skinned.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
My skin actually is white lol.
no it's not. but i see thaT IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER. you are probally one of those people who is just light skin and wants to be very pale. you not actually white. you're just fair.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
You are so misinformed its unbelievable.

European people created this race-colour system. They called themselves White
not surprised that an african doesnt know history its only bad history for your people. (no racist) indians from north america called euros the white men. arabs called euros the white man during the crusades. euros didnt call themselves white until seeing darks and the darks giving them names. of course nobody is actually white. its just fair skin. many loosers online say oh but my skin is actually white. i just like no you're not dont make yourself feel good becuase you dark or just light skinned. asians are dark other non euros are dark. euros are fair. most euros love fair skin and other people see light skin as beautiful. me personally i like zac efron skin color or the one jenner daughters skin, but i am lighter than them and happy about what i am.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:14 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
European colonists gave that name to themselves. White wasn't just choosen because of their skin tone either it was a description to separate themselves from the ''heathen, savage, dark natives'' of places outside and far from Europe.

White people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

European colonists categorised people into different races; calling themselves the white (e.g. the clean, angelic, perfect) race.

Quote:
Before the age of exploration, group differences were largely based on language, religion, and geography. ... the European [sic] had always reacted a bit hysterically to the differences of skin color and facial structure between themselves and the populations encountered in Africa, Asia, and the Americas (see, for example, Shakespeare's dramatization of racial conflict in Othello and The Tempest). Beginning in the 1500s, Europeans began to develop what became known as "scientific racism," the attempt to construct a biological rather than cultural definition of race ... Whiteness, then, emerged as what we now call a "pan-ethnic" category, as a way of merging a variety of European ethnic populations into a single "race" ...]
not surprised that an african doesnt know history its only bad history for your people. (no racist)

Just admit you're racist and lets move on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe