Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:13 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
But its not our problem.
What shall we do let them die in the sea???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 02:14 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times
Quote:
But its not our problem.

But they are human beings, I know it is not your biggest concern, it is about jobs being stolen in Europe by evil folks.

So if I hear a woman being raped, I should not call the police, hey it's "not my problem".

Compassion once in a while is good for you trust me.: dubious:: hamd:: eek:

Old 04-20-2015, 02:15 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,582 times
Well I don't know but I think its upto Italy to look after this issue as they are arriving on their territory.

I don't think you can really stop them tbh..

Old 04-20-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
But they are human beings, I know it is not your biggest concern, it is about jobs being stolen in Europe by evil folks.

So if I hear a woman being raped, I should not call the police, hey it's "not my problem".

Compassion once in a while is good for you trust me.: dubious:: hamd:: eek:
No its about not having the capacity for these people to come and live in our countries, it is also about lack of funds and lack of resources to support these people.

I don't WANT anymore immigrants who don't have a degree or something that is actually useful because we already have enough people like that here we don't need anymore. These immigrants don't speak English which is also another issue.

I would worry that they will bring unrest with them also. I am tired of these people walking over white people and taking advantage of us.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:18 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,887,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
That's because the one Million Europeans took advantage and the immigrants today need help generally. We all live on this world everyone and everything is inter-connected. Maybe we (as in our governments) should try their best to help the people in THEIR OWN Countries instead of complaining.
I'm perfectly fine with that and I'm perfectly fine with regular immigration.
I do support helping people in their countries but we can't really host any more.
Quote:
Well I don't know but I think its upto Italy to look after this issue as they are arriving on their territory.

I don't think you can really stop them tbh..
Actually it's been years that Italy is doing all the job while other EU countries sit and watch, we are quite sick of this.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:19 PM

Well thats not our problem is it? And really if Italy was really that bothered they'd get up and kick them out.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
No its about not having the capacity for these people to come and live in our countries, it is also about lack of funds and lack of resources to support these people.

I don't WANT anymore immigrants who don't have a degree or something that is actually useful because we already have enough people like that here we don't need anymore. These immigrants don't speak English which is also another issue.

I would worry that they will bring unrest with them also. I am tired of these people walking over white people and taking advantage of us.
Firstly these people are Human beings which is most important thing. There is enough resources to go round its just that our politicians and our system doesn't spread those resources properly.

Secondly Human beings and the world is all connected the fact they are ''not like us'' is irrelevant the fact that they are fleeing horrible conditions is what's important.

If you are the person to turn down people that need help just because they don't speak English that's great but that isn't the right thing to do.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Firstly these people are Human beings which is most important thing. There is enough resources to go round its just that our politicians and our system doesn't spread those resources properly.

Secondly Human beings and the world is all connected the fact they are ''not like us'' is irrelevant the fact that they are fleeing horrible conditions is what's important.

If you are the person to turn down people that need help just because they don't speak English that's great but that isn't the right thing to do.
But its an issue relating to a country which is actually quite far away. Why should I care? We've got our own issues to deal with e.g. debt, transport, election etc. We really don't have time for this.

I really think that the bigger countries should pick this up instead of always expecting the small countries to take this and even then we have to think about our own people first. Its terrible what is happening to them but it is the problem of their government and it is out of our hands so what do you expect? I think these countries need to learn themselves.

And anyway why let these people in when people with degrees can't get in? Thats not fair..

Old 04-20-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I'm perfectly fine with that and I'm perfectly fine with regular immigration.
I do support helping people in their countries but we can't really host any more.

Actually it's been years that Italy is doing all the job while other EU countries sit and watch, we are quite sick of this.
I'm not we should host anymore infact I oppose mass immigration (who wouldn't I like England the way it is) but I feel that our governments could do more to help people that are fleeing conflict some of which have been made worse by Western Governments.

Before our Governments and theirs stop the root cause (conflict, mass poverty, discrimination etc) in their own Countries we should help the people that are emigrating to Europe.

This them and us attitude is twisted and doesn't help situations only makes things worse.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:36 PM

490 posts, read 681,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Really many are trying to escape war zones, not to steal your jobs in the West.
Garbage. Do you know how many African countries they could go to to escape war zones? Lots is the answer. And they wouldn't need to get their feet wet in the process.

But they don't. Ask yourself why.

In the first instance they are the responsibility of their own countries. After that they are the responsibility of the African nations. Not Europe. And they never should be.

Just as soon as they know for certain they'll never be allowed to touch European soil they won't get into the boats and the death toll will cease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe