Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 04:42 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Don't be ridiculous. A 13 yo., if not mentally handicapped, fully understands actions like this one.
My thoughts exactly. If a 13 year old goes up to a woman and stomps on her head so hard she eventually dies (like what happened here recently), and you're telling me that he didn't know exactly what he was doing, and why he was doing it, then you're really dumb. These people know that killing people isn't right - they likely just don't care. The 13 y/o in the OP - he stabbed a man to death while shouting 'what you gonna do now', playing the hard man role. Yeah, pretty sure he knew what he was doing. A thug in the making - well more than that, a killer.

13 year olds are generally dumb, but they are no longer little children. They know what is right and wrong, and if a 13 year old gets to that point in life and doesn't understand that, then their parents have failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 05:08 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,487,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Don't be ridiculous. A 13 yo., if not mentally handicapped, fully understands actions like this one.
Please consult your doctor on this. Even 18 year olds don't have adult's brain. One of the reasons why teens are so stupid is because they think they are immortal and can't put themselves to other person's position.

This is neuroscience, and also the reason why children are not put into jail in the civilized countries

Last edited by Majurius; 04-23-2015 at 05:21 PM..

Old 04-23-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
Please consult your doctor on this. Even 18 year olds don't have adult's brain. One of the reasons why teens are so stupid is because they think they are immortal and can't put themselves to other person's position.

This is neuroscience, and also the reason why children are not put to jail in the civilized countries
Your brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, so you can make the argument that you do not fully understand any decision you make until you are well into your 20s. Unless you want to argue that a 20 year old man should be spared prison because his brain isn't fully developed then your argument falls flat on its face.

Once again, show me any 13 year old that isn't either incredibly stupid or naive, that doesn't know the ramifications of murdering another human being. I dare you.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Vega View Post
I don't know about you, but when i was 13, in fact alot earlier than that, it was crystal clear to me that murdering someone is simply wrong and unacceptable. So, can i consider myself to have been some child prodigy back then? Not that i remember any of my peers expressing differing opinions on the subject either.
Sure you did

Please educate yourself first before commenting: https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murros...kkinen_kehitys

Old 04-23-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Your brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, so you can make the argument that you do not fully understand any decision you make until you are well into your 20s. Unless you want to argue that a 20 year old man should be spared prison because his brain isn't fully developed then your argument falls flat on its face.

Once again, show me any 13 year old that isn't either incredibly stupid or naive, that doesn't know the ramifications of murdering another human being. I dare you.
Actually your sense of justice develops in your late teens, of course there's other major factors that makes a 18-year old a child We are talking about 13-year old here.

It's not child's fault if she's stupid or naive, that's actually how all the children are. This is the reason why this boy needs professional care, not prison. Spain being a ciliviled country I'm sure that will happen

Old 04-23-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Actually your sense of justice develops in your late teens, of course there's other major factors that makes a 18-year old a child We are talking about 13-year old here.

It's not child's fault if she's stupid or naive, that's actually how all the children are. This is the reason why this boy needs professional care, not prison. Spain being a ciliviled country I'm sure that will happen
Well, I dunno - if teenagers in Spain are not aware that killing other people is wrong then that's the fault of bad parenting. When I was 13, I knew not to kill other people, because it's illegal, and evil. Nobody is suggesting locking them up like a common criminal. They don't do that here either. But taking the life of another person seems to warrant a harsher punishment than 'professional care'.

Ps - in relation to 'sense of justice'..

Quote:
"This region of the brain matures last, so if it is truly overriding our own self interest then adolescents are less endowed to comply with social norms than adults," he suggests. The criminal justice system takes into account differences for under-16s or under-18s, but this area fully matures around the age of 20 or 22, he says.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:29 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Quote:

This is neuroscience, and also the reason why children are not put into jail in the civilized countries
What?

So Children are always innocent no matter what?

Old 04-23-2015, 05:30 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,582 times
This is unacceptable!! While not at all mature I would think a 13 year old would have a fair idea what a crossbow is and what harm it can cause.

This woman has lost her life!

Old 04-23-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
My thoughts exactly. If a 13 year old goes up to a woman and stomps on her head so hard she eventually dies (like what happened here recently), and you're telling me that he didn't know exactly what he was doing, and why he was doing it, then you're really dumb. These people know that killing people isn't right - they likely just don't care. The 13 y/o in the OP - he stabbed a man to death while shouting 'what you gonna do now', playing the hard man role. Yeah, pretty sure he knew what he was doing. A thug in the making - well more than that, a killer.

13 year olds are generally dumb, but they are no longer little children. They know what is right and wrong, and if a 13 year old gets to that point in life and doesn't understand that, then their parents have failed.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
What?

So Children are always innocent no matter what?
Define innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe