Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 05:43 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Well, I dunno - if teenagers in Spain are not aware that killing other people is wrong then that's the fault of bad parenting. When I was 13, I knew not to kill other people, because it's illegal, and evil. Nobody is suggesting locking them up like a common criminal. They don't do that here either. But taking the life of another person seems to warrant a harsher punishment than 'professional care'.

Ps - in relation to 'sense of justice'..
Sure it's "evil" and stuff, yet there's a very good reason's why he is not going to jail. I'm so glad that common idiots don't make laws around here "Punishing" someone that young isn't going to do any good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 05:44 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
Define innocent.
Define the word define.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:44 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Such an insightful response.

Quote:
Sure it's "evil" and stuff, yet there's a very good reason's why he is not going to jail. I'm so glad that common idiots don't make laws around here "Punishing" someone that young isn't going to do any good.
19 is too young to be prosecuted for a crime because their sense of justice is not properly developed.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:48 PM

Child: Shut the **** up Mum I'm watching ben 10
Mum: What have I told you Jacob don't be rude
Child: Such a prostitute
Mum: Jacob don't let be come down there!
Dad: Leave him alone he's innocent his brain hasn't developed yet tell him off when he's 25 roughly, OK?
Mum: I suppose

10 years later Jacob become a serial rapist.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:49 PM

"Boy aged 15 arrested after female teacher stabbed to death at school in Leeds"

He is clearly too young. Send him to a therapist instead. Poor little boy.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:49 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,539 times
Quote:

19 is too young to be prosecuted for a crime because their sense of justice is not properly developed.
You could even try to study little further if you seriously compare a 13 year old to 19 year old

The reason why 19 year old is legally adult is mostly cultural. So if the society sees them as adults, then of course they are to be tried as adults This has nothing to do with the development of human body

PS. In many countries 19 year old wouldn't get the maximum sentence, not even close in many.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
"Boy aged 15 arrested after female teacher stabbed to death at school in Leeds"

He is clearly too young. Send him to a therapist instead. Poor little boy.
But its ok his brain hasn't developed yet.

Tomorrow I'm gonna rob a bank - my brain and all that.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:50 PM

888 posts, read 1,591,757 times
Majurius, so you would have no problem if, after spending a few years in "professional care" and turning 18, this kid would move next door from you. And since he has supposedly been "cured", he'd also legally own firearms, and work at the kindergarten/school that your children attend? Maybe later he could become a police officer, and you'd have no problem with that, right?

Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:
You could even try to study little further if you seriously compare a 13 year old to 19 year old

The reason why 19 year old is legally adult is mostly cultural.
We were talking about neuroscience, not culture. Get back on topic.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Cornick admitted to psychiatrists that he had been planning the murder, and intended to do it four days earlier.
He stabbed Maguire seven times with a 21 cm knife in class on 28 April 2014, and then chased her into a room where another teacher blocked the door to keep Cornick out. He then returned to his class and told a friend that it was a shame that he had not killed Maguire.She later died in hospital.
Cornick admitted to plans to kill two other teachers, intending to also kill the unborn child of one of them.
Wow, this little boy clearly didn't know what he was doing as he elaborately planned to kill three teachers and an unborn child. But it's okay, just go to therapy and get well soon. xxx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ann_Maguire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe